26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:50 pm
You know whats gonna happen during St.Patricks Day? emotion_awesome

admin

Hello Gaians!

We hope you all had a great Valentine’s Day – and congrats to those of you who took part in the Five Days of Love Event for your amazing bonus item!

Today we say a very happy Gaiaversary to you all! February 18th is a very special day for Gaia as it is our anniversary! We want to take a moment to say how much we love our Gaia community. Thanks for being so awesome! To celebrate our anniversary, we’re excited to bring you your free Gaiaversary 2014 item. Enjoy! CLICK HERE TO GET ONE!

Also, feel free to keep trying your luck at Switchem, and be on the lookout over the coming weeks for more great items and events including some luck ‘o the Irish as St. Patrick’s Day approaches!, We continue to be interested in your feedback, so keep it coming to usertalk@gaiaonline.com.

I'm calling it now! They are going to sell us huge pots of gold.
Then guess what!
We will magically find out that the gold cap amount has been increased!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:14 pm
Quadropopilous

I understand. I know about Gaia's underhandedness. There is nothing we can do besides leave and suck it up. 8/

No matter what they don't seem to care what we think. They don't care about community any more, it's all about business.

There is nothing we can do, but continue to talk to a wall.

l N C E P T l 0 N

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300

Umioko

Playful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:21 pm
Quadropopilous
-l- Mi-tan -l-

++ I can see it now.. Easter Egg chance items.. pick your colored egg for a super
prize! - In the Cash Shop. ++

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Slow down, don't forget about St. Patrick's Day. emotion_awesome

Pwnder's totally calling it. Able to win huge pots of gold. X'D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:22 pm
NO! Uncle Kenny..! Gaia has officially crashed, I am planning my leave now.  

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:28 pm
Kegokec

++ If I jinxed us all, I win all the gold in the Gaia.
emotion_c8 Bets on. As for Pwnder's St. Patty's... yeah. Probably pots of gold. Gold
generators. Gold generators x1000000000. I beeet.. 6 announcements dedicated
to St. Patty's then. ++

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm
I am so completely and utterly disappointed in Gaia that I truly feel like there is no hope left.

I no longer feel like our voices will ever be heard. It's painful coming to the realization that we are truly the minority here, and that the Cash Shop users outnumber us exponentially. Otherwise, Gaia wouldn't keep doing what it's doing.

Even worse than this is the ongoing hostile attitude of Gaia staff toward those of us that don't bow down at their feet and give into the lure of the Cash Shop. I don't care how worthless gold becomes: I will NEVER spend a dime on this site, but I'm one of those that doesn't matter.

I "earned" my way to over 800million gold, and now it's almost all gone. I've donated; I've been duped and I've wasted gold buying the shiny pretties because I like them. But once it's all gone, I'll have nothing left except the knowledge that I never spent a single cent on Gaia. Sadly, the site I once loved is now gone, and I don't really expect that anything will ever change that now.

Once hope is gone, there's not much left, and I've pretty much given up all hope.

stressed  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:38 pm
FaithBlack
xx I met my fate xx
Also, this is just hearsay, not necessarily true I heard that those approved to attend the in office feedback were screened to be sure they weren't in any way spreading any kind of dissatisfaction with Gaia anywhere. Basically what I heard was that they chose the obedient sheep who wouldn't actually force them to talk about the sad state of Gaia.

So there's this thing that people really hate about me: I love to learn. A lot.
May I please know where you heard this? I'd like to do some research into it.

Just random rumours in the CB, SF, and from some of my friends. Nothing official or anything. As i said, just hearsay. Some of the threads in SF are still up, let me see if I can grab the links.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm
xx I met my fate xx
FaithBlack
xx I met my fate xx
Also, this is just hearsay, not necessarily true I heard that those approved to attend the in office feedback were screened to be sure they weren't in any way spreading any kind of dissatisfaction with Gaia anywhere. Basically what I heard was that they chose the obedient sheep who wouldn't actually force them to talk about the sad state of Gaia.

Just random rumours in the CB, SF, and from some of my friends. Nothing official or anything. As i said, just hearsay. Some of the threads in SF are still up, let me see if I can grab the links.

I would really appreciate that. All rumors have some kind of start, & I'm curious if this has some truth behind it, or if somebody made a speculation & someone took it as truth.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 pm
XxRawr_HugsxX

0Ul

++ Now now, you two. Remember what Gaia had before they even had the development
team give us events. There was years where I remember the only interactive thing
we had was fishing. That was it. The point isn't to give up though. Think of all the
people who HAVE left thus far. That's why it only -seems- like we're the minority.
But there's tons of users who have moved over to Knuffle, Syndrone, Enya, etc.
So it may appear like we're a fraction, but in truth we're just the small amount of
the majority who hates this but stayed.

That doesn't mean kick your feet up and leave though. In the end it's the community
that brought us all here and keeps us here. And there's too many people that I'm
making new friends with and friendships I have that I don't have intertwined in parts
of my other virtual life to give it up.

Frankly it's a ticking time bomb. Or maybe I just feel that way. But things are intensifying
and I'm going to stick around to see where it goes.

Another part of it though is, we can't always sit in this guild and gripe. Start something
new on Gaia and get your interests rekindled. If you're into RP, start a new one or
join a new one. Get into an Extended Discussion thread. Find a D&D game to get
into. Make a freebie Art Request/Give thread. You have to push in the positives
with the negatives. I'm very unhappy with Gaia. My last haitus was a year. But you'll
just miss it. You'll just miss it and come back and be more confused with the changes.
I don't know. I'd just rather stick around and keep my foot in the door. ++

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:08 pm
And another gold generator and another [item] March
At least this one looks like a panda -.-  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 pm
Kegokec

I'd be willing to bet there's gonna be another sale in the next 2 hours.

"Limited Quantity Item: Pandy March in La Victoire!" - Less than 2 hours later. ;o I win.

Quadropopilous

++ Now now, you two. Remember what Gaia had before they even had the development
team give us events. There was years where I remember the only interactive thing
we had was fishing. That was it. The point isn't to give up though. Think of all the
people who HAVE left thus far. That's why it only -seems- like we're the minority.
But there's tons of users who have moved over to Knuffle, Syndrone, Enya, etc.
So it may appear like we're a fraction, but in truth we're just the small amount of
the majority who hates this but stayed.

That doesn't mean kick your feet up and leave though. In the end it's the community
that brought us all here and keeps us here. And there's too many people that I'm
making new friends with and friendships I have that I don't have intertwined in parts
of my other virtual life to give it up.

Frankly it's a ticking time bomb. Or maybe I just feel that way. But things are intensifying
and I'm going to stick around to see where it goes.

Another part of it though is, we can't always sit in this guild and gripe. Start something
new on Gaia and get your interests rekindled. If you're into RP, start a new one or
join a new one. Get into an Extended Discussion thread. Find a D&D game to get
into. Make a freebie Art Request/Give thread. You have to push in the positives
with the negatives. I'm very unhappy with Gaia. My last haitus was a year. But you'll
just miss it. You'll just miss it and come back and be more confused with the changes.
I don't know. I'd just rather stick around and keep my foot in the door. ++

I know, love and I'm sorry. I don't mean to gripe; I really don't. I just get so disheartened and frustrated because I know that we are the minority now. I also know that Gaia no longer cares about us or what we have to say. Admin and staff are blatantly hostile when it comes to dealing with those that don't "go along." Their indifference speaks volumes, and the departure of those that were a part of the Gaia we once knew speaks volumes as well.

I try to remain positive and believe that we can bring about change, but I just don't believe that anymore. I mean no disrespect to this guild, its founders; the crew or anyone here, but it's just a fact that I'm realizing more and more with every passing day here.

I will most likely be on Gaia until the bitter end, but I truly hate what it's become. Those of us that have been loyal for years are discarded in favor of those that now buy their way into billions, and I just find that hard to accept. Still yet, I'm here, and I still appreciate the things on Gaia that still mean something to me.

Even if I b***h about things from time to time.
sweatdrop  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

Lately I have completely distanced myself from the market and all the prices and whatnot. I haven't been buying or selling stuff like I usually would do, since I realize now that my quest goals are completely impossible either way (I usually quest for a whole avi at once). Actually it hasn't been so bad to distance myself, now I don't have to give a crap about expensive items that I do not need at all and even though I still think there are alot of great items I know I will never afford them and don't have to even consider it.

The problem is that now that I don't quest and collect items there is surprisingly little to do on gaia. Maybe I am not looking hard enough for stuff to do? I tried playing some games, but what can I say? Your new games suck gaia... :I I do still like Zomg, but seeing that I've already done most things there that also has little appeal now... I miss the omgpop games. And the meebo bar. Those gave me stuff to do here.

Now I just kinda visit because of habit, but all I do is check the announcements (which are mostly sales anyways) and then leave. Though as said, it might be my own fault and I am just not trying hard enough.

Btw, I had no idea gaia had that many gold generators! o.o I didn't know that was what those were. Now it all makes sense why everything suddenly boomed in price. Yes, I still visit the market out of habit and curiosity, though I am not set on buying or selling anything... Just looking at the madness.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm
0Ul

++ I don't mean that you specifically gripe. Just that we all gripe and it can do all of
us some good to go out and do things in Gaia that are out of earshot (as best as
we can manage anyway) of Gaia's current business practices when it comes to cash
shop items and what not. Sorry if I made it sound like I meant you specifically.
sweatdrop
I just hate to see anyone go. And I hate that people are getting let down. I happen to
not set my expectations very high for things, so I'm able to just "meh" about it for
the most part. ++

dark pillow

++ Maybe I was just a fortunate one. I hardly ever paid attention to my own avatar items.
I'd sit on the same avatar for moooonths (I'll probably sit on this one for a while yet).
But that's why I suggest as much stuff as I do. There's tons of community things
going on. You just have to go out of your way to find them. I'll admit that there hasn't
been many fun things going on so I'll make it my job to hold a nice guild
event for you and 0U1. Does that sound alright? I don't know what either of you
guys particularly like. ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:40 pm
FaithBlack
xx I met my fate xx
FaithBlack
xx I met my fate xx

I would really appreciate that. All rumors have some kind of start, & I'm curious if this has some truth behind it, or if somebody made a speculation & someone took it as truth.

I don't know if there's any truth to it myself. I wouldn't be surprised but rumours happen.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff