Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People count!
  HERE
View Results

Gintsumi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm
I've always love the Vday event and I'm holding on to the idea that we will have one until Uncle Kenny or some other higher-up states, "Gaia will not have a Valentines event this year." But whether we have one or not, I want to join in on more user started events and get closer to the actual community as those who run gaia push me away in favor of cash.

And if this is a trend for small holiday events, what about St. Patrick's day, Easter, and April Fools day.

Looking at the recolors, I cant say that I like any of them. They should take some extra time and bump up the quality. I just stick with old items now because they simply look better than whats new. I hope the releases get better.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 pm
its never too late in the day ^^  

roses of evil bloom

Devoted Genius

7,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100

Tala Grey

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 pm
Why does Gaia think they can win people over with recolours? It's so damn inconsistent in quality. The lack of announcement for a V-day event is another blow to the community spirit- a sale isn't suitable as a replacement.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 pm
Tala Grey
Why does Gaia think they can win people over with recolours? It's so damn inconsistent in quality. The lack of announcement for a V-day event is another blow to the community spirit- a sale isn't suitable as a replacement.

*tips post*

(F U Gaia, for not updating.......

ANYTHING scream )  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 am
Tala Grey

Perhaps it's another way they can see if they can try to get Gaians to buy them. I been checking up on the announcements myself. I think their getting ridiculous. I also been reading some of the posts in this thread too. Sounds like alot of members here are pretty fed up with it all. Recolors, gold generators and other stuff. I had a modd that told me once that there was no such thing as gold generators. That was way back when there were hacker pages attempting to steal members gold and items. I even reported the PM from the one who sent me the gold generator link.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:14 am
0Ul
Sorry, but that's NOT an event. That's another money-grubbing scheme, and we get more than enough of those on a daily basis.

It's like giving your spouse/significant other a diamond ring along with a card. The ring is lovely, and it cost thousands. Inside the card, however, is the credit card bill.

*Phantom tip.*

Quote:

In addition, I won't support a user-run event in the forums because that's like throwing a birthday party for yourself when nobody else cares enough about you to do it instead. I don't buy birthday cards for myself, and I certainly don't host a party for myself.

I disagree here. Members run events over the holidays all the time, in forums, in guilds, in towns, etc. We're not doing it to serve ourselves; we're doing it to give everyone something to look forward to over the holiday.

But I can't blame you for feeling uncomfortable about it, honestly. Gaia staff really messed up big time by not having the event ready in the first place.

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 am

yeah the recolor come one now! the originals are still in the shop of the belle-bella bundles and the house of mirrors was just poor colorings why is it always red and black? I would have liked a interesting combo like maybe purple in black? hua hua? can't ever get enough purples! lol a purple bustle like the mirror one would look really awesome!!

how about gaia just release the lilac kitten star and some of those stupid lilac recolor and save us the anxiety already? they all know its that what we want.

anyway nothing except gaia cash heart candies what ever happened to that thing where you can send valentines to your friends and people randomly and either choose a gift to buy or just the card?
it had like the NPC, lucky, and bibbles
anyone remember that? it was a long time ago
the item the heartless one was from it.
you could send love, nice, mean ect... cards it was such fun! anyone remember that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm
Hawkeyesgun
I cannot begin to tell you how upset I am with Gaia lacking a Valentine's Day event. It has ben one of the more exciting events of the year because I always get tons of horrible mad libs. You always get a heartsy item and tons of love from all of your friends and even some strangers. It pains me to say that Gaia is loosing all of the things that make it fun and unique, slowly but surely. I am feeling really upset this week. I think Flynn came back too.

I agree. even as horrible as they are, they're a real hoot to do and I think it's just that Gaia's owners have gone to the dogs… they say they care about us, but all they really care about anymore seems to be our money…

If this keeps up, Gaia will eventually crash and burn…. leaving the owners wondering (idiotically) why they couldn't keep it going.  

AgentBlackSwan

Eloquent Shapeshifter

21,950 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Healer 50

PieLovinMan

Tenacious Prophet

12,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hellraiser 500