Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:25 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

*Sigh.* I am alive because a) I am responding to your question, b) I react to stimulous, c) I am capable of thought, and d) I have a desire to keep living (suicidal tendancies are considered and anomaly. I hope that's good enough for you, cause if it isn't your view of life is very...unusual.

actually, my view of life is vry Decartian except i took it in a different direction then he did... One can prove, and only prove to oneself, that they exist by even contemplating said thought... however, one can not prove that anything outside of themselves exists...

I am god damnit (hehe, pun), and you are just my dream
Haha, well this dream thinks he is as well. Therefore, the moment I stop thinking that, I am dead, and to me, nothing matters after that point.

to you yes... yet, to humanity as a whole you are still alive and mean something.... Bohr is dead, Hisenburg is dead, Szilard is dead... yet they all mean a hell of a lot to humanity
But they're still dead. Whether you remember them or not they're still dead. I'm not saying their philosophies, achievements, or existnace is forgotten, but no amount of remembering is gunna bring them back or make them live again. That's all I'm saying.

they will not breathe, yes, but they are still alive because there work is used... We are not just our bodies, we are our actions and our ideas,... when our ideas die, then we die
I don't believe that. I don't believe we are more than organisms, because I have yet to see evidence that I should. You seem to think that some version of immortality can be reach by having our deed live on, but that is just idealistic fantasy. It's really no more delusional than a soul, and no more hard to believe. I think this just boils down to differences in the idea of what life is: mine based on hard science, and yours based on ideology. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:51 am
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
Haha, well this dream thinks he is as well. Therefore, the moment I stop thinking that, I am dead, and to me, nothing matters after that point.

to you yes... yet, to humanity as a whole you are still alive and mean something.... Bohr is dead, Hisenburg is dead, Szilard is dead... yet they all mean a hell of a lot to humanity
But they're still dead. Whether you remember them or not they're still dead. I'm not saying their philosophies, achievements, or existnace is forgotten, but no amount of remembering is gunna bring them back or make them live again. That's all I'm saying.

they will not breathe, yes, but they are still alive because there work is used... We are not just our bodies, we are our actions and our ideas,... when our ideas die, then we die
I don't believe that. I don't believe we are more than organisms, because I have yet to see evidence that I should. You seem to think that some version of immortality can be reach by having our deed live on, but that is just idealistic fantasy. It's really no more delusional than a soul, and no more hard to believe. I think this just boils down to differences in the idea of what life is: mine based on hard science, and yours based on ideology. Sorry.

actually, mine in no way is based on ideology, as i dont have a blind faith in anything except the validity of the scientific method... What i think is from observation, not because i want myself to live on...

I think that because we use hisenburgs work a part of him lives on inside of us  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:33 am
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

actually, mine in no way is based on ideology, as i dont have a blind faith in anything except the validity of the scientific method... What i think is from observation, not because i want myself to live on...

I think that because we use hisenburgs work a part of him lives on inside of us
It's very touching, but what part? I need proof of this "part" living. I still see idealistic fantasy. But that's just me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:02 am
do you have proof that you are living?

You are focused on an absolute proof bases, and nothing can be proven  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:28 am
agrab0ekim

That is just not true. In your opinion nothing can be proven, but in reality many things can and many things can't. The scientific community and I know what life is. I'm sorry you don't agree, but at this point in this debate we only debating your opinion. I don't agree with your veiw on life, because it is unscientifc and too idealistic. And you don't think science can really prove anything, so we just disagree. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:30 am
Dathu
agrab0ekim

That is just not true. In your opinion nothing can be proven, but in reality many things can and many things can't. The scientific community and I know what life is. I'm sorry you don't agree, but at this point in this debate we only debating your opinion. I don't agree with your veiw on life, because it is unscientifc and too idealistic. And you don't think science can really prove anything, so we just disagree. mrgreen

actually know... scientificly nothing can be... that is why there are no laws, only theories in science... because they seem true (all evidence points that way) but they can not be proven  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:31 am
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim

actually know... scientificly nothing can be... that is why there are no laws, only theories in science... because they seem true (all evidence points that way) but they can not be proven
That is true, but there is still more evidence to support their theories than yours.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 am
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim

That is true, but there is still more evidence to support their theories than yours.

i agree, and agree with their theoires entirly... the only reason i brought this up was you started with the proof of someting and i wanted to show how that didnt make logical sense with your other opinions  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim

i agree, and agree with their theoires entirly... the only reason i brought this up was you started with the proof of someting and i wanted to show how that didnt make logical sense with your other opinions
But it does. There's no scientific proof that if my accomplishments are remembered a part of me lives on, so I don't believe it. All scientific theories say when I die that's it. So I believe them over your theory. Period.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:15 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim

But it does. There's no scientific proof that if my accomplishments are remembered a part of me lives on, so I don't believe it. All scientific theories say when I die that's it. So I believe them over your theory. Period.

scientific evidence does not say what happens to you when you die... the majority of scientists believe in a soul and something greater then themselves  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:49 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim

scientific evidence does not say what happens to you when you die... the majority of scientists believe in a soul and something greater then themselves
That is a flat out lie. I am now officially done with this debate.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:06 pm
Hehe, I've thought of all that stuff before.

I see where agrab0ekim is coming from. I've thought before... Like, when one person dies, the people that knew them still remember them... then the people that remembered the first person die.. but the people that later knew them still remember them as well... and thus even though they never knew the first person, it's like the first person's still somewhere in their memory anyway.

The eery thing when you think about that, is that the very first humans (and organisms with memories at all, actually) are still somewhat remembered by all of us.. even though we can't bring up anything in our minds about them. razz

But for me, again, nothing after death at all, just as someone previously said. No spirit, so reincarnation, no nothing.  

Psycho_Katie

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:45 pm
i have a way to show that we live forever... and it is science...

You reproduce, your genes go down... it keeps going that way... you are still alive

(yes, i am clutching at straws here)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:03 pm
I believe you go to heaven. Some sort of heaven... Just not sure. ^^  

purplehoneymuffins

redtail2
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:05 pm
i believe in reincarnation. i think every living thing has a soul (or whatever you would like to call your lifeforce). i don't believe there's any kind of afterlife, you just get recycled. after you die and your body breaks down your energy just goes to other things. that's what i believe.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff