Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
Revolution: Gaia Magazine - First Issue posted Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How'd the first issue come out?
  Pretty!
  Meh.
  Maybe you should not make another..
View Results

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:19 am
Pwnder

++ Yeah. Having the articles done by then. We might just this is all posted on the
1st of March or something since things didn't really get started till these last
couple of days? If I can get the articles by then then I should be able to have
everything put into pages.

For that matter, I'd love to get links to everyone's favorite threads/artshops/bc shops/roleplay
groups. Advertise the things we like! I know I have one or two to add. ++

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 pm
I'd really love to help. But I don't know where to begin. I mean I used to be a big zomg but quite I think my knowledge would be good for an article.I am going to check my friends list for people who may be better suited for it than me to do it and get back too you. Just saying I love the idea and wish you luck <#  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:03 pm
Quadropopilous
Pwnder

++ Yeah. Having the articles done by then. We might just this is all posted on the
1st of March or something since things didn't really get started till these last
couple of days? If I can get the articles by then then I should be able to have
everything put into pages.

For that matter, I'd love to get links to everyone's favorite threads/artshops/bc shops/roleplay
groups. Advertise the things we like! I know I have one or two to add. ++

I found This list of willing artists if it'll help the cause.

This is also a more complete list of artists thus far!

You are welcome to add them for consideration as well, as frankly this inflation needs to be mutilated and killed deader-than-dead if Gaia is to be saved from itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm
I'm still trying to decide what I would write on if I join. Perhaps someone could help me with some ideas? I've only posted a couple of times in SF, most notably My Words and Don't Let It Ride, Make It Stop!

I have also come up with ideas for gold sinks, such as this one here. So perhaps I could write about gold sinks? I don't know, it seems like a pretty narrow topic, plus I never got any feedback from my idea, lol.

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:37 am
Izzy Said Rawr

++ That'd be great if you or someone you knew could write an article about zOMG!
That's something that's been slowly dying out for no good reason.
emotion_drool ++

TS Sailor Cronus

++ Your thread My Words is really good. It's a shame you didn't get more views/posts
in it. I'd love to use that though! Is that alright?

As for Gold Sinks, I think the vending machine idea is really great that was suggested,
along with more avatar save slots. So those would be really good topics to talk about
for Gold Sinks. I think personally my suggestions for gold sinks would be like.. additional
post styles that people can purchase, along with additional guild things.

I proudly bought my Bifrost from the DC for 1,303,099 as a support for more gold sinks.
I think DC needs to be used more often. If we had more exclusive items for gold
in there, I think it'd be a lot more effective. Not just recolors, but more NEW items.
So that's something to think about if you want to write an article about that ++

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm
Quadropopilous

Sure, you can use "My Words" if you want... It's incredibly long though, lol, so maybe in installments? ^^;

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 pm
TS Sailor Cronus

Sure, you can use "My Words" if you want... It's incredibly long though, lol, so maybe in installments? ^^;

++ Haha, it is long, but it'll be a good lengthy article to have. There's a few things I can
cut out, such as the quotes and comments from other users, or the things from Glassdoor
as we'll have an article for that separately. But definitely including your response to it.
So it won't be nearly as long as you think. ++

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm
Quadropopilous
TS Sailor Cronus

++ Haha, it is long, but it'll be a good lengthy article to have. There's a few things I can
cut out, such as the quotes and comments from other users, or the things from Glassdoor
as we'll have an article for that separately. But definitely including your response to it.

All right, cool.

What's the word limit for the articles?

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:06 pm
TS Sailor Cronus

++ 250-300 words minimum. I'm pretty happy with that number, but of course any more
is better and encouraged. ++

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 pm
True, but reasonably, there should also be a maximum. That way you can fit the articles in each page, and you don't have to change the font, etc.

Professional magazines have a word maximum, so I thought I'd ask.

[edit: I'm so sorry. I hit edit instead of quote. -shootmeshootmeshootme]  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 pm
TS Sailor Cronus

++ I guess I don't really seeing anyone writing that much which is why I don't really
have a maximum. But in truth anything over 1200 words is too much. 600 words fits
on one page nicely, so that'd be two pages worth for an article if someone maxed. ++

[OH GOD. I'M SORRY. I didn't mean to edit your post, I meant to hit quote. I put
your original back but it's definitely not pretty like you had it. emotion_facepalm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
True, but reasonably, there should also be a maximum. That way you can fit the articles in each page, and you don't have to change the font, etc.

Professional magazines have a word maximum, so I thought I'd ask.

[edit: I'm so sorry. I hit edit instead of quote. -shootmeshootmeshootme]

Lol, if only I had a dime every time I did that to one of my guildies. rofl

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 pm
Quadropopilous
TS Sailor Cronus

Just let me know if you need my help with anything in it. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 am
Quadropopilous

After looking threw my friends list for people who may be willing to help write a zomg article here are some they can tell you more than I could ever when it comes to the down fall of the game.
Scobre - she may or may not because she does lead a quite busy life. She did attend way me Dev meets and all that then any one I know.
and Kaniskion - I am not sure about him either.
But other than those two most of my zomg friends who actually knew the Devs and down fall and such don't go on any more. Most of my zomg friends haven't been on in months.
I'll be checking around the zomg fourm if they won't or can't too see if I can get someone to help out.
Let me know what they say.  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:28 pm
Izzy Said Rawr

++ Sent six PMs to potential writers today. Only got a quick response back from Scobre
who said they weren't interested (or rather talking about Gaia makes them upset which
I could understand). Eagerly awaiting the responses of others, but so far if everyone
writes who says they'll write we'll have six people submitting into the magazine with I
think a full possibility of 11 right now? So that's pretty good.

In other other news, there's 11 pages finished, given that several of them are dedicated to
Zandykins ridiculist of sales. I don't expect anything else to ever be that long. But it's
a good 'shocker' portion of the magazine imo. ++

💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces