Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:12 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

isn't ravenwing the bike squad...i'm not really into bikes sweatdrop
Indeed they are. You might be better off sticking to the regular space marine codex for the time being. 3nodding

oh well..a termy captain with some fluffed termies it is ninja
That's 320 pts. for a captain and a terminator squad of your choice, whether it is ranged or melee oriented.

320..that's quite a lot sweatdrop
Aye, you get what you pay for. It's one of the risks with terminators, they cost a lot, but can take a lot. The point value is minus any upgrades such as the assault cannon or heavy flamer by the way.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

isn't ravenwing the bike squad...i'm not really into bikes sweatdrop
Indeed they are. You might be better off sticking to the regular space marine codex for the time being. 3nodding

That's 320 pts. for a captain and a terminator squad of your choice, whether it is ranged or melee oriented.

Aye, you get what you pay for. It's one of the risks with terminators, they cost a lot, but can take a lot. The point value is minus any upgrades such as the assault cannon or heavy flamer by the way.

hehe, i'm so screwed, cause i wanted a termy squad in a land raider burning_eyes  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:19 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

hehe, i'm so screwed, cause i wanted a termy squad in a land raider burning_eyes
That's another 250 pts at the very least. You'll want to get a Land Raider Crusader or Redeemer by the way, those have a passenger capacity of 12+, unlike regular Land Raiders who can only carry 10 models.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:20 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

That's another 250 pts at the very least. You'll want to get a Land Raider Crusader or Redeemer by the way, those have a passenger capacity of 12+, unlike regular Land Raiders who can only carry 10 models.
yea, i originaly wanted a full 10 man termy squad+chaplain mounted in a crusader sweatdrop  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:27 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

yea, i originaly wanted a full 10 man termy squad+chaplain mounted in a crusader sweatdrop
Crusader can only hold eight models in terminator armour sadly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:28 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

so, 7 termies and a chaplain..still insanely expensive burning_eyes  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:40 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

Chaplain in terminator armour is 120 pts, Terminators are 40 each IIRC. So 400 pts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

Chaplain in terminator armour is 120 pts, Terminators are 40 each IIRC. So 400 pts.

soo..add the land raider and that's 650 minimum..that's almost half an army worth of points sweatdrop  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:44 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

soo..add the land raider and that's 650 minimum..that's almost half an army worth of points sweatdrop
Aye, that's the risk you run with these sort of units. You can always field them as is and instead have them deep-strike.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:46 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

Aye, that's the risk you run with these sort of units. You can always field them as is and instead have them deep-strike.

also an option yes..damn..seems my idea to create my chapter the way i like them by looks isn't very practical xp  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:04 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

also an option yes..damn..seems my idea to create my chapter the way i like them by looks isn't very practical xp
There's nothing wrong with running a list that's heavy on fluff, just don't expect it to hold up in games with opponents who play it less fluffy and more bent towards winning. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:07 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

There's nothing wrong with running a list that's heavy on fluff, just don't expect it to hold up in games with opponents who play it less fluffy and more bent towards winning. sweatdrop [/quote

'sigh' i think i nedd to play proof my chapter ideas more then i guess sweatdrop

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:09 pm
merydell
'sigh' i think i nedd to play proof my chapter ideas more then i guess sweatdrop
I'd just get a codex and read it first, have some fun with the options it presents to you. You can make lists with what you want, it will just take quite a bit of good old trial and error to get it right.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
I'd just get a codex and read it first, have some fun with the options it presents to you. You can make lists with what you want, it will just take quite a bit of good old trial and error to get it right.
true, think i'll go with the vanilla marine codex..got 2 tactical and a termy squad so far so i'll work from there 3nodding  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:13 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
true, think i'll go with the vanilla marine codex..got 2 tactical and a termy squad so far so i'll work from there 3nodding
It's a good solid base to start with, all you need to do is toss in a HQ unit and you're good to go on smaller games from around 500 - 750 pts.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff