Submit

Visitor Count
  +1
View Results

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:57 pm
CourageNFaith

Well, I never bought items that were above 299 GC, so I can't help you that much. sweatdrop
As for this GC spamming is just annoying. The only item that are worth something now are the RIGs, like "Verdant Grove". That RIG had very interesting items.

Yeah. I guess that suggestion must have been thrown around a long time ago.
I'd be good if they had an art shop instead of using the forums to do such a thing.

Not to mention I'd be easier to see what each artist can do and who you'd want to have a commission with. smile

Yeah, the spamming's really only the thing that's affected me (well, besides inflation). I get upset that the prices are so high because it just seems absurd to me and I feel bad people actually spend 20,50, even 1,000 (Wth, Halo!) on something that does not exist and could disappear any day without warning. Since I haven't bought anything, I don't know if I really have a right to be upset, though.
emotion_drool Verdant Grove was amazing. That was the best RIG I've seen in a long time and I ended up buying most of the items in the MP.

That would be cool. Like if there were a "Art shops" section of the site where people could buy a shop and sell their art or something. That would probably take a lot of work.

Right now I just want them to finish SOMETHING. ANYTHING!
-stares at Inventory Arranger- emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm
piggyzhou
It has nothing to do with the prices of the items recently.

Spending cash used to be something we did out of love for this place. Now we're being thrown nothing but GC sales in our faces. (Okay, excuse me, when get 1 gold shop update a month rolleyes )

That's like saying "so, since you were so willing to spend GC before, let me just trample on that kindness and see how far we can stretch that wallet of yours. it's for your own good, really, I mean, you guys wanted to be nice and spend GC, so now we're giving you all the GC buying opportunities you can get. aren't we such accomodating people?"

No thanks.

Ouch. That mush feel like one huge slap in the face.
It really feels wrong to me at how Gaia acts like they're doing everyone a favor by recoloring items or re-releasing them. "Look, a chance for you to spend more money! Really, we're doing this for you."
Club Verge is pretty much the biggest joke in all of Gaia. And what kills me is it's a loyalty thing. I would feel so scammed and hurt if I had spent enough to grant me that "reward".  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

piggyzhou

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
piggyzhou
It has nothing to do with the prices of the items recently.

Spending cash used to be something we did out of love for this place. Now we're being thrown nothing but GC sales in our faces. (Okay, excuse me, when get 1 gold shop update a month rolleyes )

That's like saying "so, since you were so willing to spend GC before, let me just trample on that kindness and see how far we can stretch that wallet of yours. it's for your own good, really, I mean, you guys wanted to be nice and spend GC, so now we're giving you all the GC buying opportunities you can get. aren't we such accomodating people?"

No thanks.

Ouch. That mush feel like one huge slap in the face.
It really feels wrong to me at how Gaia acts like they're doing everyone a favor by recoloring items or re-releasing them. "Look, a chance for you to spend more money! Really, we're doing this for you."
Club Verge is pretty much the biggest joke in all of Gaia. And what kills me is it's a loyalty thing. I would feel so scammed and hurt if I had spent enough to grant me that "reward".
What kills me are the people still buying GC.

I can only thank Gaia for putting a stop in my spendings on this site :3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:08 pm
Yay! This is much better than ATA~
Thanks for organizing this heart
As for questions, I've got none at the moment  

Moonlight Rose JoJo

Friendly Conversationalist

16,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:21 pm

I would love to participate in flash events (like the reenactment of the Grunny Invasion, I had a fantastic time <3)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Diabolic Edge

Aside from my complaining (sorry for the rant), I would like the idea of "Day of Silence", though I'm not too sure how affective this would be, given the thousands of people who log on each day, and a few hundred wouldn't really make a difference, well, enough to be noticed. I rarely get on as it is.

Hi Edge, and don't worry about ranting. Sometimes you just have to let it all out.

About the Day of Silence, my personal take on it is that there's not much we can control on Gaia except ourselves. We can choose not to log in to show our dissatisfaction and that's beneficial to some who actually want to "do something". We may not have many participants, but I remember from the last time we did this there were many people (myself included) who felt refreshed after taking that day off. I log into Gaia pretty much every day and it's hard--especially with things so negative.
I think the Day of Silence is a good way for us to say "I don't approve" and also take a much needed break. I came back with a clearer view on things and a few new ideas. That tends to happen whenever I step back from a problem. "You can't see the forest for the trees", as they say.
Those who don't want to don't have to participate, but I would like to have a few things going at once so people have options for how to make themselves heard.

Silence is sometimes heard the most, in my opinion.

By no means am I against this, I just see it as a thing Gaia might not notice. There is, however, something that they might. What could be a working way of this would maybe get offline on a certain day every week? Like, not get online on Saturday, or Friday, the big days that Gaia wants us on. Then, after a few months they'll maybe take a notice to people not getting online on those specific days and maybe want to know what's up?

Idk, just a thought that could be effective. If not that I got nothing. Though I show my protest on gaia by not buying anymore items, not getting online more than 3 times a week, AND never buying GC ever again, hell, I wouldn't even buy GC if it was $1 for $100 worth in GC. Just to show them, though, a lot of people would, I know that. xDD I also complain about gaia and explain whats wrong with it to every single friend of mine, and they've also stopped buying GC. Heck, my vendor friend lost over 2bil in worth in just 3 days. Insanity right? I've lost over 1.4bil in the last month thanks to everything they keep doing. They're destroying their economy but don't care as long as it means people will be desperate enough to buy more GC. I also loved how one of their responses to "Why they release Flynn over and over" is that "Lots of people, over 60% of Gaia infact, really love this addition to our shops, having the ability to buy gold rather than earning it. It gives a great option for newcomers and veterans a-like to get gold fast." Which is true in a sense, but also a big lie. People only buy the Parts of her because they sell for a lot in the MP, rather than using.

Regardless of this, I've also added "Adblock" to my computer's browser so I can't ever see their pathetic advertizements on GC and the like. This only excludes the ad right below the header, the one above your friends. I can't remove that one sadly. Also removed the ad videos in the flash spaces, so they don't get anymore money from me.  

Diabolic Edge

Romantic Millionaire

Negi163

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

I haven't bought GC in my life, so I always have wondered what it's like for people that were accustomed to buying it. Did the prices discourage you or was it the amount of sales? Or both?

I recently started buying avatar art, myself. I never knew how many people drew so well! I wish members were allowed to have their own shop where they could sell pixels your avatar could actually wear, because some of artists are great at pixels and coding and all that jazz.

I don't know how well that could work out, but that would be one heck of a gold sink. xd

Prices and amount of sale pushing made me vomit after August of 2013.
gave up gc except getting the free ones from videos of course.

YES TO AVI ART emotion_dowant
I LOVE THAT IDEA of talented individuals selling pixels to what avis can wear
THAT'LL BE A KILLER Goldsink for sure! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:20 pm
Diabolic Edge

By no means am I against this, I just see it as a thing Gaia might not notice. There is, however, something that they might. What could be a working way of this would maybe get offline on a certain day every week? Like, not get online on Saturday, or Friday, the big days that Gaia wants us on. Then, after a few months they'll maybe take a notice to people not getting online on those specific days and maybe want to know what's up?

Idk, just a thought that could be effective. If not that I got nothing. Though I show my protest on gaia by not buying anymore items, not getting online more than 3 times a week, AND never buying GC ever again, hell, I wouldn't even buy GC if it was $1 for $100 worth in GC. Just to show them, though, a lot of people would, I know that. xDD I also complain about gaia and explain whats wrong with it to every single friend of mine, and they've also stopped buying GC. Heck, my vendor friend lost over 2bil in worth in just 3 days. Insanity right? I've lost over 1.4bil in the last month thanks to everything they keep doing. They're destroying their economy but don't care as long as it means people will be desperate enough to buy more GC. I also loved how one of their responses to "Why they release Flynn over and over" is that "Lots of people, over 60% of Gaia infact, really love this addition to our shops, having the ability to buy gold rather than earning it. It gives a great option for newcomers and veterans a-like to get gold fast." Which is true in a sense, but also a big lie. People only buy the Parts of her because they sell for a lot in the MP, rather than using.

Regardless of this, I've also added "Adblock" to my computer's browser so I can't ever see their pathetic advertizements on GC and the like. This only excludes the ad right below the header, the one above your friends. I can't remove that one sadly. Also removed the ad videos in the flash spaces, so they don't get anymore money from me.

I didn't see you as against it, so no problems there. emotion_c8
We were actually thinking of maybe doing it every Sunday. That's the day we had it last time and it seemed to be agreeable with most people. I agree that sticking to it might make them notice. If they see "Sundays are really down lately" they might try to do things on Sunday to get us to stick around, so I think we need to advertise the "no post on Sundays" thing wherever we can. This, to me, is the most formal way of protesting. We should also wear our SOS signs on that day.

I know, Gaia keeps getting sneakier with how they sell things so people want to buy more. Really, the members have all the power. If no one bought anything, you better believe they'd be scrambling to do something to get in our good graces again. Without us they're out of a job and I don't think most people realize this.

emotion_awesome You CAN get rid of that ad. Right click on it and click "adblock", then "block this ad". Works wonders.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1055/#1055

I wonder if this feature will be abused ? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm
Just going to post my initial thoughts about the topics presented.

o Future ATGs
I really like this idea, and hope it pans out. Sending the frequently mentioned issues to their supposed 'help' e-mail is a great idea, though I don't think such a list should be posted for each user to copy and send. Let whoever runs this send it in and post any response in the next ATG.

o Avatar Arena related things
If announcements are made here about entries I'll vote, but it is unlikely I would enter myself or go out of my way to browse and vote.

o Flash Space events
I prefer forum interactions, so I would be unlikely to participate, but I know some members really liked the themed parties that used to be held.

o A Day of Silence (not logging on to Gaia on a particular day/week)
I honestly think these have no effect on anything. There is no point in holding them.

o Site Feedback related things
Yes? Although it seems like SF is poorly mod-ed now, so there would need to be careful consideration given to what is done.

o Sending physical letters to Gaia HQ
Yes! I've been wanting to do this for some time, but I really don't think my single letter would do anything. If we were to coordinate a day to drop a letter in the post box, I would do it. Perhaps have a general outline of what to write or bullet points of things to touch upon. I don't think cut and paste letters would be as good, but maybe more people would participate if the only thing they had to do was find a stamp.  

twiterpert

Invisible Regular

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:46 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

Yeah, the spamming's really only the thing that's affected me (well, besides inflation). I get upset that the prices are so high because it just seems absurd to me and I feel bad people actually spend 20,50, even 1,000 (Wth, Halo!) on something that does not exist and could disappear any day without warning. Since I haven't bought anything, I don't know if I really have a right to be upset, though.
emotion_drool Verdant Grove was amazing. That was the best RIG I've seen in a long time and I ended up buying most of the items in the MP.

That would be cool. Like if there were a "Art shops" section of the site where people could buy a shop and sell their art or something. That would probably take a lot of work.

Right now I just want them to finish SOMETHING. ANYTHING!
-stares at Inventory Arranger- emotion_donotwant

Yeah. I was thinking if it's worth keeping supporting this place after the mess it has become.
But you keep sticking around due to the friends you have made and expressing yourself through your avatars.

Yeah. It was the best RIG I've ever seen, and it doesn't help that I'm a Nature lover.
This new one looks "ok" to me.

Yeah. I'd be good if we had a "deviantART-esque" section dedicated to commissions and requests.

Well, they're doing something - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1055/#1055

I just hope people don't abuse these features to get rid of someone simply because they don't like or has a grudge with them. That would be chidish, very childish. Specially if it is "just for lolz".  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/gaia-encourages-you-to-report-signatures/t.89768371/

I lol 'd with this thread in CB. xd  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Diabolic Edge

Romantic Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:00 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Diabolic Edge

I didn't see you as against it, so no problems there. emotion_c8
We were actually thinking of maybe doing it every Sunday. That's the day we had it last time and it seemed to be agreeable with most people. I agree that sticking to it might make them notice. If they see "Sundays are really down lately" they might try to do things on Sunday to get us to stick around, so I think we need to advertise the "no post on Sundays" thing wherever we can. This, to me, is the most formal way of protesting. We should also wear our SOS signs on that day.

I know, Gaia keeps getting sneakier with how they sell things so people want to buy more. Really, the members have all the power. If no one bought anything, you better believe they'd be scrambling to do something to get in our good graces again. Without us they're out of a job and I don't think most people realize this.

emotion_awesome You CAN get rid of that ad. Right click on it and click "adblock", then "block this ad". Works wonders.

Well that would be nice. Sadly I don't have one of those signs though.
But I'll participate. C:

And thanks for the tip, its gone now. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm
Okays, Hai!!! Not sure if I;m too late, but I have a question and a concern maybe?

My question is, You know the Philosopher's Cache? I used to get those in my 'Daily chance', it only happened every once and a while but I got it, and once they started selling it in the shops, I haven't got one since.
I though it was nice to get something awesome in Daily chance every once and a while and I don't anymore really...

And oooooh my GOD there are SO many re-colours! Don't they know if you keep doing that it's not going to be special or exciting anymore?
Re-colours used to be a cool dream, but there are just sooooooo many now  

SighingNight

Fluffy Cleric

13,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:19 pm
Some seriously great ideas going on in here. I'd love to know what you guys think on possible themes for arena entries as well as any ideas you might have for taking our protests to the art and writing arenas. How can we get our words out there and try to spread the message without seeming spammy?  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff