Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlight Rose JoJo

Friendly Conversationalist

16,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:37 pm
Pwnder

I'm really glad you feel that way. I had a lot of fun while I entered my avi in the arenas. Revolution:Gaia had an amazing first two rounds with getting 5 in the top 10 the first week and 3 in the top 10 the next week. We started to see some user participation decline in it, but we were meeting with some nasty feed back in our comments, so it was a bit discouraging and we decided to re-evaluate the idea behind it. We will most certainly start up with it again after the holidays are over and I'm thinking that gold only based items can do the trick. I'm still not sure if disabling comments is what I want to do though. I can handle the criticism but I really like hearing from others that approve heart
It really is a decent way to be seen

:3 That's great!
Except for the comments :<
What kind of negative feedback was there?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:42 pm
Moonlight Rose113
Pwnder

I'm really glad you feel that way. I had a lot of fun while I entered my avi in the arenas. Revolution:Gaia had an amazing first two rounds with getting 5 in the top 10 the first week and 3 in the top 10 the next week. We started to see some user participation decline in it, but we were meeting with some nasty feed back in our comments, so it was a bit discouraging and we decided to re-evaluate the idea behind it. We will most certainly start up with it again after the holidays are over and I'm thinking that gold only based items can do the trick. I'm still not sure if disabling comments is what I want to do though. I can handle the criticism but I really like hearing from others that approve heart

Hmm I got stuff like, "this is rediculous" "take it to GCD" "your jumping on the band wagon" "if you don't like the site then leave" even "stop advocating abuse towards an NPC" xp
sweatdrop  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:45 pm
dark pillow
Pwnder

You have a grand point there. I think that a large portion of the community would relax just a bit if they were given some proof of how they are using our money and give us a feature that we have been asking for. The inventory arranger is one, but push back after push back is not helping the situation, not to mention they are going to monetize it. People are screaming for guild and zOMG updates, but all we get is Alchemy modifications, silly mini games, a slightly screwed up Battle system and fixes for stupid little things

I'm totally being to negative here sweatdrop

Well, I think I could forgive them for collecting so much money if I saw what they used it for too. Now I just feel like they are kinda being greedy... :I I think I am not alone about this. So if gaia showed us that they actually spend money on this site too and not just earn from it then perhaps there is no problem about new items in the cash shop (almost) every day? Then we could view our cash shop buys more as donations to the site and developing it and the pixel item is just a nice bonus and a way for gaia to say thanks for the donation. I saw another suggestion earlier about having scheduled flash sales and having differently priced items in each one... That way we as users would also get to choose how much we'd like to donate. Hm... So I guess what I am basically saying is that gaia should go back to viewing our purchases of pixel items as donations to the site.
And yes, I agree with you... The latest updates we have had haven't been that big and I honestly don't believe that is all they could afford... I can imagine they earn alot more now than they did when they made zomg, so in fact we should expect something at least as good as that. :I
I haven't heard about this monetizing (had to look the word up xD ) thing with the inventory updates even though I feel that I can remember they mentioning planning an update soon... How would they even do that? Earn money on updating the inventory... Are they going to make us pay for the updated version or what?

Here you go Inventory Arranger "less cash related"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:47 pm
Moonlight Rose113
I really think the avatars in the arena helped a lot :3

Pray tell how did they help entice change? I have to disagree. While being a fun way to spread the word, they aren't doing anything now.  

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:55 pm
Pwnder
dark pillow
Pwnder

You have a grand point there. I think that a large portion of the community would relax just a bit if they were given some proof of how they are using our money and give us a feature that we have been asking for. The inventory arranger is one, but push back after push back is not helping the situation, not to mention they are going to monetize it. People are screaming for guild and zOMG updates, but all we get is Alchemy modifications, silly mini games, a slightly screwed up Battle system and fixes for stupid little things

Well, I think I could forgive them for collecting so much money if I saw what they used it for too. Now I just feel like they are kinda being greedy... :I I think I am not alone about this. So if gaia showed us that they actually spend money on this site too and not just earn from it then perhaps there is no problem about new items in the cash shop (almost) every day? Then we could view our cash shop buys more as donations to the site and developing it and the pixel item is just a nice bonus and a way for gaia to say thanks for the donation. I saw another suggestion earlier about having scheduled flash sales and having differently priced items in each one... That way we as users would also get to choose how much we'd like to donate. Hm... So I guess what I am basically saying is that gaia should go back to viewing our purchases of pixel items as donations to the site.
And yes, I agree with you... The latest updates we have had haven't been that big and I honestly don't believe that is all they could afford... I can imagine they earn alot more now than they did when they made zomg, so in fact we should expect something at least as good as that. :I
I haven't heard about this monetizing (had to look the word up xD ) thing with the inventory updates even though I feel that I can remember they mentioning planning an update soon... How would they even do that? Earn money on updating the inventory... Are they going to make us pay for the updated version or what?

Hmmm... I see, but that still can be interpreted in different ways. Not GC related at all is after all also "less GC related". o3o They might have written it that way because lately their focus has been GC, so they are saying this is less GC related to show that they are working on things that doesn't include GC either... But on the other hand less GC related also can mean that it will still cost GC, just less than the items? Who knows. I think we'll just have to wait and see. I think it would be weird to have to pay for an inventory arranger in any kind of way... =.=;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm
dark pillow
Pwnder
dark pillow
Pwnder

Hmmm... I see, but that still can be interpreted in different ways. Not GC related at all is after all also "less GC related". o3o They might have written it that way because lately their focus has been GC, so they are saying this is less GC related to show that they are working on things that doesn't include GC either... But on the other hand less GC related also can mean that it will still cost GC, just less than the items? Who knows. I think we'll just have to wait and see. I think it would be weird to have to pay for an inventory arranger in any kind of way... =.=;

My impression is that we will be required to pay small amounts of GC to open up an inventory feature we would like to use. Not that users won't be able to live without it or anything via free methods. I guess that people like me, and thousands of others with thousands of items would probably find a use for these features and will pay for them. Things like an extra closet space, some sort of sorting feature, maybe even soulbinding features. Who knows. It will be free, but the good stuff won't be emotion_donotwant  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Moonlight Rose JoJo

16,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:23 pm
Pwnder
Moonlight Rose113
Pwnder

Hmm I got stuff like, "this is rediculous" "take it to GCD" "your jumping on the band wagon" "if you don't like the site then leave" even "stop advocating abuse towards an NPC" xp
sweatdrop

Wow. O.o
Well, they don't really understand our true goals or they think we're overreacting, I guess  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:24 pm
Kelso The Great
Moonlight Rose113
I really think the avatars in the arena helped a lot :3

Pray tell how did they help entice change? I have to disagree. While being a fun way to spread the word, they aren't doing anything now.

Well, more people got to see our message... sweatdrop  

Moonlight Rose JoJo

16,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 pm
Moonlight Rose113

I am sure many interpreted it different ways...
I find the best way is to actually communicate with people.
Be friendly and trade ideas, thoughts, viewpoints, predictions, to really get a good understanding of the site... Things are going crazy and many are beginning to question their future on this site...
I too ask myself, "why do I log on? There is just going to be more new overpriced items, more issues going unresolved... Inflation is getting worse... Gee I made it to 100 mil without buying anything or spending cash... WTF HAPPENED? Divinity's reach is what happened. They just offend my delicate sensibilities with Kelso's... ahem Rosamund's Rage." You can speak your mind and make your point without becoming an antagonist yourself. I look around and see divisions and bickering and it gets the community no progress... Time to assess the situation, exert the power we have as Gaians to Recover the economy. Make good financial investments, without going broke.
Crying tears of Rage because I can never have it...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 pm
Pwnder
dark pillow
Pwnder
dark pillow
Pwnder

My impression is that we will be required to pay small amounts of GC to open up an inventory feature we would like to use. Not that users won't be able to live without it or anything via free methods. I guess that people like me, and thousands of others with thousands of items would probably find a use for these features and will pay for them. Things like an extra closet space, some sort of sorting feature, maybe even soulbinding features. Who knows. It will be free, but the good stuff won't be emotion_donotwant

Hmmm... Maybe it will be like that. >.>; I still don't see why they would try to make money even from such a thing, since I doubt very many people will be paying for it even if they think it might be useful to them. xD I mean, we have been doing just fine with the old one, many people don't even use it all, so yeah... Paying for fancy features? I don't think so. maybe a few OCD people would pay for it? Or people with too many items and too much money to even care what they use it for. xD There apparently are some people like that on gaia too. :I  

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm
A Thief Appears
Feel free to ignore me. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm talking about.

* Tell members and viewers alike which sources are true and appropriate. Glass Door is not a reliable source, and so on.

* Set up a weekly Q&A. Obviously our part is to ask questions, and the answers should be addressed by Gaia. Send our questions to the appropriate Gaia HQ representative or E-Mail.

* You already do, but promote clear and concise data, patience, calm protest, etc. Too many people, too often, are letting their emotions fly before common decency.

* Let Gaia know what they are and are not doing right. Seriously, people getting suspicious and angry over every little thing has gotten out of hand.

I dunno, honestly. I know a lot of people love them, but I kind of feel like all the guild ever does is contest, event, contest, and so on. I wouldn't mind seeing more...Help Gaia out things? Eheh. I'm sorry. sweatdrop

I like from your ideas. It's not healthy to be so skeptic all the time.

I've read the comments of the following site while Gaia was down:
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/gaiaonline.com.html

Looks like you're spot on in your fourth suggestion. People need clear and concise answers instead of being frightened with "fear mongering" news.

And I'd like to add my suggestions:
- Transparency. We need to know where all this money is going to, instead of hiding everything in the shadows;

- Dialogue. I'm sorry if I keep insisting on the same keyword but that's what this site is lacking the most IMHO. Because dividing ourselves is what they want while they laugh all their way to the bank.
This is not about Cash Buyers VS Non-Cash Users: it's both sides helping each other to recover this site its former glory (remember Mandela). Because there's no winners at all in wars, specially when the own population fight against itself.

- Make our own Gaia Exchange, so to "fight back" the Flynnflation ?

- Make our own gold sinks, as suggested by one of our members ?

- I guess the AA is not a good place to show our ideals. It's where you show what you're made of and expose your talent(s), not to protest (I'm still dumbfounded how my IMBUTS avi did not got bashed with negative comments or had a very low score).
Alternatives way would be using the Forums or Towns to express ourselves, just to be safe.
Or we can use the Arena to show that you don't need a lot of shining items(GC/Verge and so on) to make a good avatar, without resorting to satire/sarcasm/whatever, like I did with my "White and Gold Gentleman" and what I'm doing now with my "Purple Star" avatar.
As long as items match, what's the matter ? Just because mostly of items I'm equipped with are not "shiny" it doesn't necessary mean that my avatar "sucks".

EDIT: Had to post this comment in a rush yesterday. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm
Someone needs to photoshop this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Into this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So basically, make him bald, remove his nose, replace it with snake-like slits, and make him pale with dark veins.  

Diosu

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300

antipanpan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm
i'm not really sure how to get gaia to change but i'd love to see them put a pricing cap on marketplace items. y'know, set a limit for how much you can sell an item. i think one of the reasons why we have a marketplace inflation is that the gc users just type whatever big number that pops in their head when they put stuff up for sale/auction. i mean seriously, who here has ever played enough to earn 100,000,000 gold?(as in purely playing on gaia and not buying gc stuff)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:58 pm
btw, can any of our members go to the next offline event and complain there? (has this ever been done before?)

it's easy to ignore the posts online but what if someone actually goes to them in person to complain?  

antipanpan

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 pm
What about making a Gold Sink out of resurrecting the Instant Messaging Feature the site once had?  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff