Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💇💅Avatar Talk!
What was your "n00b" avatar on Gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When did you join Gaia?
  2012+
View Results

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:17 pm
jellykans
This was the earliest avatar I saved and the look I most often wore in my first year. I saved up for my Tama's Basket. This took me 2 months to achieve.

User Image

I kept the hair and eyes for a very long time.

Or what seemed like a long time, months.

Someone was surprised I was wearing am MC, yesterday, so after 2 days in a usual avi, I switched back over to a Revolution avi (instead of a usual one holding an SOS sign). I like the Sourpatch Kids angel & devil as an alternate emblem. Funny thing I just noticed, I have a mule in each town, and jelly lives in Barton but likes red so has 2 Durem items. Am in a Durem frame of mind. (jelly is a Barton resident.)

Naw, I'm no split personality, the assignment of different characteristics & preferences is more like RP/having dolls that each take on a life of their own. LARP. (Live Action Role-Play, what kids do - and, in my family, no one 'grows up,' we have intergenerational play.)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:45 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Hawkeyesgun
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I honestly remember thinking I was the bees knees when I looked like this. It was the first avi I was proud of, and I still dress like this now. Haha.

I kid you not, this was rejected olympics 2012 me. Because I always want to look like me (except Halloween).

<3 Those emo glasses.

I used to be the same, dressing up as how I normally dress irl. Then all those cool hair items came out and I stopped. XD
That's a cool Durem Outfit, though. I'm pretty sure I looked almost exactly like that, just Aekea version.

The EMO glasses. So many people had or wanted those...I really didn't care. 0.o I didn't want them until I got glasses irl (around 2006) and those were pretty much the only ones on the site at that point.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Crytuf

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:01 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Crytuf

That's some pretty cool stuff, there. I remember I wanted that G-Blade so bad!
XD The first avatar, though. Those prison clothes! I thought they were so cool. Now that I look at them again, they don't even fit the avatar right. xp

"Ahaha, I remember being so proud that I had those, I still do actually."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:09 pm
2009 here.
Well, my noob set was composed of mostly "starter" clothes. It was something like this:

Total Value: 3,572 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Red Baseball Cap
Citrus Snug Layered Tees
Tan Classroom Sneakers
Blue Jeans- M

That's all I could afford at the time, because I did not know about Booty Grab or how to play the market. Not to mention my knowledge with the English language back then was very bad, and, as a consequence of it, my fluency was very poor.
All this, combined with my shyness and religious fanatism made me "quit" Gaia for roughly 4 years.

Thankfully, I was able to afford an English course and only now, 2013, I know (almost) everything about Gaia: MCs, "buy low, sell high", Gaia Exchange, Booty Grab, Herald of Chaos (R.I.P.), zOMG! and stuff. smile

Better late than never, they say.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Darkend Light

O.G. Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:05 pm
This is the earliest one I can remember. I think it was mid 2004.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:18 pm
White Flag Idiot
Oh God lemme try to find my old ones...

I remember having that as my first newb avi. I was so poorly coordinated.

When I actually first learned I could match.

This was my permanent avi for two years straight and now I change mine almost daily. Oh the old days....

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about that hair on your first avatar!
I haven't seen that in a long time.

XD When you first start out, you don't even care about matching. You just put on whatever you have. Then later you realize, "Oh... I guess I don't have to dress like a crazy person anymore." Unless you like that style, of course. xp  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:20 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Mine was terrible XD

When the H2k8 event happened, with the 4-way battle, I became a Dark Elf. Then when they released the purple variation, I took that
Used to be nothing but purple and event items. If you pay attention, you'll notice that I have many more colors now ou o

My alt, I opened a giftbox on Kit and got Cecilia's Circlet, which formed the basis of her original outfit

Then she got this

And has since evolved into a Japanese/ninja theme. Traditional, for now. Adding modern later. She still has her original outfit, but only the kimono dress of the second

Hahaha! So cute and simple. All the cool girls wore those sandals. They were too expensive for me, and by the time I had enough gold for a pair they came out with something I liked better.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:21 pm
Princess Zelda21
Hmm, well, this would be my rookie avi, I guess. I remember it felt like it took me forever to get all the right items just to look like Princess Zelda. Kind of a rough draft before I finally found all the right items later on. ^_^*

Cute! I remember desperately trying to make a Zelda avatar. There weren't any good items for her! I made a really bad Link, though. Hahaha, we used to be so limited with who we could cosplay as.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:25 pm
Madame Xiva

OMGosh! I was the same way with Hermes Moon! I had a fascination with "busy" avis or something. The more gold I got, the more I just HAD to have. Fausto was one of my faves too. I remember the scandal on its final evolution and everyone was so mad that Gaia ended up adding a TON of new poses.

I think my all-time favorite item that took me FOREVER to get was Biancamella. :swoon:

XD Hermes Moon was the status item for a while. When I finally got one, I didn't even use it that much. That seems to happen a lot with items I think are cool. rofl

Biancamella... that was a good one. Well, if you like pink. XD I was so averse to pink. I still kinda am, though.

The item I quested for longest was probably my Gogh Reed. Man, I LOVE that item. So many poses! I use that thing all the time. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:26 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Princess Zelda21
Hmm, well, this would be my rookie avi, I guess. I remember it felt like it took me forever to get all the right items just to look like Princess Zelda. Kind of a rough draft before I finally found all the right items later on. ^_^*

Cute! I remember desperately trying to make a Zelda avatar. There weren't any good items for her! I made a really bad Link, though. Hahaha, we used to be so limited with who we could cosplay as.

Thanks! Oh man, no kidding! That was rather difficult to do with such limited options! I was thinking of one of these days doing Zelda's outfit as the goddess Hylia, but it seems a bit difficult to get the right dress and such. Sorry, didn't mean to repeat myself. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:27 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Pegasaurus Rex
Hawkeyesgun
I honestly remember thinking I was the bees knees when I looked like this. It was the first avi I was proud of, and I still dress like this now. Haha.

I kid you not, this was rejected olympics 2012 me. Because I always want to look like me (except Halloween).

<3 Those emo glasses.

I used to be the same, dressing up as how I normally dress irl. Then all those cool hair items came out and I stopped. XD
That's a cool Durem Outfit, though. I'm pretty sure I looked almost exactly like that, just Aekea version.

The EMO glasses. So many people had or wanted those...I really didn't care. 0.o I didn't want them until I got glasses irl (around 2006) and those were pretty much the only ones on the site at that point.

Seriously, EVERYONE wore them. That and the leaf on your head. whee That item was so cute. It's kinda hard to use now since the colors of old items and the colors of new items don't mix very well.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:34 pm
I loved hermes moon as well xD look at those bunnies and golden wings!

I didnt catch up after biancamella and the urn. I find them weird on my avy xD  

Musician Allen Walker

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Kitalpha Hart
Mine was terrible XD

When the H2k8 event happened, with the 4-way battle, I became a Dark Elf. Then when they released the purple variation, I took that
Used to be nothing but purple and event items. If you pay attention, you'll notice that I have many more colors now ou o

My alt, I opened a giftbox on Kit and got Cecilia's Circlet, which formed the basis of her original outfit

Then she got this

And has since evolved into a Japanese/ninja theme. Traditional, for now. Adding modern later. She still has her original outfit, but only the kimono dress of the second

Hahaha! So cute and simple. All the cool girls wore those sandals. They were too expensive for me, and by the time I had enough gold for a pair they came out with something I liked better.
Jigsaw was my best friend. Played it continually, probably had that avatar within two weeks, among other embarrassing ones that I refuse to show
I like Jigsaw, a lot of fun ou o  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

XD Hermes Moon was the status item for a while. When I finally got one, I didn't even use it that much. That seems to happen a lot with items I think are cool. rofl

Biancamella... that was a good one. Well, if you like pink. XD I was so averse to pink. I still kinda am, though.

The item I quested for longest was probably my Gogh Reed. Man, I LOVE that item. So many poses! I use that thing all the time. <3

LOL...I know! I must have had a thing for gold swirly stuff because I loved the swirls in Hermes and in Biancamella. But that pink taffy hair? :cringe:

I had a Gogh Reed much later in my Gaia life, but I never wore it. I bought and sold it at least twenty times or more. Finally I stopped buying the dang thing because I would admire it on other avis, but when I bought it, it never looked the same. Like me wearing a Tyra Banks dress. rofl  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:31 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

Those peasant clothes were seriously great. Seems like everyone wore them at least once.

Did you ever finish that dream avatar? Whenever I saw someone wearing that bao I thought they were super rich!

LoL peasant clothes were the best "starter gear" ever! When they pushed out the starter sets, I was kind of disappointed because I worked hard to get out of the nudey stage, it's a great motivator to be active on the site. lol

No, I never did the dream avatar. By the time I got a bao and the prism butterfly wings, I felt the outfit looked stupid. XD  
💇💅Avatar Talk!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff