Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mandeh Candeh

Beloved Browser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:57 pm
Hi guys : ) I'm Mandy or you could call me Candy, makes no difference because I like my name and I like candy! I've been on Gaia since late 2007 (almost 6 years). I've always used to love to come on to Gaia and just stay in my little world away from that reality we call real life. I love my few friends on here very much and I stay on now mainly for them. Gaia really used to be my second home, but as of late I feel suffocated with all the gc related ads, announcements, staff updates, etc. It's not fun anymore, it makes me a bit depressed, and it makes me miss the Gaia that I started out with. Also with gc, now you could become millionaire with just a few dollars spent. I have no extra money to spend, college takes up most of it. It's very frustrating for me considering that it has taken me almost 6 years to achieve 50million gold. But now someone can obtain in just a few days. I wish Gaia would realize that they are royally screwing up. I can't even think, too much going on inside my head dealing with the inflation....headache...ouch....and what really makes me sad is that Gaia doesn't care anymore, it really feels that way. I want my second home back crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 pm
My name is Solar.
I'm a 21 year old social work student about to go on my first placement.
I live in Australia, but am looking to move to either Canada, New Zealand, or Sweden and will be travelling to those respective countries over the next few years to decide.

I've been a gaian since 2007 on my first account The Solarised Night. I rarely purchase gaia cash. The first time I did so was in 2011 and it was really rewarding to spend a few dollars and get a pretty MC. Now it feels like you can't even be on this site without spending money.

I was a hard core quester, vender, and tank owner, but now none of those things seem worth it. I've considered quitting but only my friends and being able to participate in creative competitions keeps me here.

I'd really like to see a change. Releasing items I spent months questing for $50 or $75 is really cruel because the prices fall rapidly below what I paid. Additionally, releasing the Flynns Booty is counter productive, because all of the prices rise again. For example, I'm questing stellar rain. It was 12m and I was looking to get it for 10m. Now it is listed for over 20m thanks to Flynn's Chests and booty.  

Solar Reborn

MadSam123

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 am
Hey, I'm a british user and I've been around for a while, was a forum assistant for a bit too but never made it past that due to stupid little mistakes. I mostly lurk in Site Feedback throwing in the odd opinion in places.

I joined the site originally in 03 about two months after the site came out, however that account was lost to time and this account I made in 04.

I used to support almost everything Gaia did, but since they have become more about money and flash sales I am started to migrate to other sites. I would love to see the gaia I used to enjoy coming on back or some sort of equivalent.

I buy cash rarely and when I do it's only about 70p / £3.50 worth using my mobile phone. My job is terrible and my other half lives in Texas so I'd much rather use my phone credit texting her than on a site that I feel no longer cares about its users. I usually buy everything with gold, however it is a very long process due to flash spaces not working for me, a problem I have had for years which still has not been fixed despite being told that it would be several hundred times by devs.

Anything you wanna know, pm me or I'll end up writing too much here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:37 am
Wow! So many new people in our ranks....Hi everybody! We're so glad to see you here!!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:50 am
Mandeh Candeh
Hi guys : ) I'm Mandy or you could call me Candy, makes no difference because I like my name and I like candy! I've been on Gaia since late 2007 (almost 6 years). I've always used to love to come on to Gaia and just stay in my little world away from that reality we call real life. I love my few friends on here very much and I stay on now mainly for them. Gaia really used to be my second home, but as of late I feel suffocated with all the gc related ads, announcements, staff updates, etc. It's not fun anymore, it makes me a bit depressed, and it makes me miss the Gaia that I started out with. Also with gc, now you could become millionaire with just a few dollars spent. I have no extra money to spend, college takes up most of it. It's very frustrating for me considering that it has taken me almost 6 years to achieve 50million gold. But now someone can obtain in just a few days. I wish Gaia would realize that they are royally screwing up. I can't even think, too much going on inside my head dealing with the inflation....headache...ouch....and what really makes me sad is that Gaia doesn't care anymore, it really feels that way. I want my second home back crying

Hey Mandy! You joined Gaia the same year I did. emotion_brofist
You're not alone in feeling this way. Many of us are upset with the way Gaia's going. Inflation is crazy right now. It's really sad. ;-;
We're glad you decided to join! If you have any questions, you're always free to PM.
emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Mandeh Candeh

Hey Mandy! You joined Gaia the same year I did. emotion_brofist
You're not alone in feeling this way. Many of us are upset with the way Gaia's going. Inflation is crazy right now. It's really sad. ;-;
We're glad you decided to join! If you have any questions, you're always free to PM.
emotion_yatta

Woot XD
emotion_brofist
Yep, I've been following/stalking threads everywhere
and it's all the same, bad inflation, bad! emotion_puke
Thank you!  

Mandeh Candeh

Beloved Browser

Song Reference Dan

Versatile Gaian

1,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:28 pm
I'm Lerxst. I like Rush, Pink Floyd, and attempting to bust up Conservapedia. You can find that plan in my journal. I'm also a newb, so I'm short on the funds.

I hate 4Chan with a passion.

I am also against this seagull manager.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:18 pm
Lerxst Davis
I'm Lerxst. I like Rush, Pink Floyd, and attempting to bust up Conservapedia. You can find that plan in my journal. I'm also a newb, so I'm short on the funds.

Hi Lerxst! It's nice to meet you, and we're glad you're here!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Dota-chan

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:06 pm
*peeks in*

...I'm mostly a lurker on the site and have been for two or three years though I've been here since '04 at some time...forget when.

I was invited to the site by a few friends from school and it was something we would do in the school library during our lunch time. Since then, I've had my four younger sisters and my mother join the site and we've all made multiple accounts...basically for RPing but didn't see enough that got our attention. ...there's also the problem of RP having to be PG-13 and there not being a clear enough line as to where that is exactly since we've seen quite a bit seem to fly under the radar from other posters. So we gave up for the most part and just keep searching Barton Town off and on in hopes of something interesting....that doesn't die off fast.

My family is...quite poor. So even my mother and siblings currently able to share an old computer right now, they still have to have dial-up since it's all they can afford even with Mom and two siblings there trying to find work ( ...things are really messed up in the US right now...not easy to get jobs ).

So when I see Gaia Online becoming for cash-based....I just don't think we can stand to be around if it keeps being pushed on us. We just don't have that kind of money.

I'm now 26 years old, married to my Norwegian sweetie. We knew each other for six and a half years before we married. ...and currently going through our fourth year of marriage together. heart I moved to Norway to live with him and we have two cats that share the house with us. We also live on his mother's land ( farm land ).

I have...a very big catch, though. I've been diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder and Agoraphobia as well as some traits of Dissociative Disorder. I'm currently seeing two Psychiatric nurses about every two weeks in trying to pull myself together. In the meantime, I'm unable to work so have to get money from the Government here until things are solved.

....and this has gone on way too long for a simple hello. >.< I guess if there's anything else y'all wanna know, I'll tell it but other than that, I currently have the cats mad at me because breakfast isn't at exactly six in the morning. >.>;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm
Thank you everyone, for introducing yourselves!
You all seem like wonderful people, and I'd like to get to know each of you better in the future. I won't be around much, but I'll stop in whenever I can! I really appreciate the help and support you show for this guild and Gaia. Hope to see you around!  

GC Revolt

Song Reference Dan

Versatile Gaian

1,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:34 am
Madame Xiva
Lerxst Davis

Hi Lerxst! It's nice to meet you, and we're glad you're here!!

Thank you Madam Xiva (Do you mind if I simply call you Xiva?), I am happy to be here.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 am
Lerxst Davis

Thank you Madam Xiva (Do you mind if I simply call you Xiva?), I am happy to be here.

Of course you can call me Xiva. My real name is Kelly, so feel free to use whatever name you would like. As long as it's nothing too terribly ugly. LOL

So glad you're here!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

ganchroi

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:51 am
Hey everyone, I'm new here! Getting so aggro over the inflation caused by GCash that's it's unbelievable! cat_stare  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 am
You can call me Kiah! ;u; I've been on Gaia for 4+ years and have never really been off of it... My friends used to play with me on zOMG, but I was late to Gaia and they slowly started to lose interest while I remained. I think I've spent a total of $60 throughout my entire Gaia existence, so I've put in time and work for all the gold and GC that I've ever gotten, which has gotten me pretty far on this site. I've made a lot of friends through a D. Gray-Man guild where I used to RP before everyone got busy.

Lately I've been mostly lurking in the GCD and Booty Grabbing (and very rarely I'll go play zOMG, but it's boring playing alone and DMS is out of the question because my rings aren't all at level 10), but I like to RP when my friends are on.

I didn't really mind all the GC offers at first, since some of them were nice... but ever since Flynn's Booty came out, it just feels like they're trying to inflate the prices so that when they have a flash sale, it's cheaper to use GC than work for the gold. >~< I've been refusing to use gold for myself these past few days now that everything is ridiculously priced, and I've decided that I'm not going to use any real money again if it keeps up like this. I'm basically spending stuff on my friend only because it's going to be impossible for her to get anything since she can't get on as often. It just makes me very sad...

Kiahpup

Ferocious Dragon

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:00 am
ganchroi
Hey everyone, I'm new here! Getting so aggro over the inflation caused by GCash that's it's unbelievable! cat_stare

Hi Ganchroi! I'm glad you joined us! We're all a bit frustrated as well, and you're in good company here. I'm happy to see you!  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games