Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count of visitors.
  1+
View Results

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm
I dont think you understand what a wiccan coven is to say such a thing.
No where does it say that wicca is a harsh cult as you've mentioned earlier about KKK and etc. Its highly spiritual and respectable, not to be feared or put fear into their followers. There is much more to it. But us non-initiates in the Gardnarian Wiccan Coven will ever know or glimpse.

I'm sorry that your past experiences with religions has skewered your view of cults and religions alike. Unfortunate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:05 pm
Kuudere-senpai

but that's still not right, that's still the same thing as saying if you don't attend church all the time, you must not be Christian and are "misusing" that religious identity because you don't belong to a larger organized group of it and instead follow all the teaching, the beliefs, and follow the same deity but you're still wrong. I'm sorry but, I don't see how that works. I know neither of us are going to agree with each other, and this is a huge topic that is debated over all the time, so for the sake of not turning this into a debate or argument, can we just agree that different people who practice wicca do different things, like with every other religious/spiritual belief, and leave it at that? more on to something that maybe isn't so controversial within the group?  

StrayKit

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 pm
I am trying to say that no one here is practicing wicca and shouldn't use the word for their path or religion alike. I do not care what path you follow or what you believe or to say you are wrong about your religion and etc. I just dislike the misuse of the word wicca and wish to not see it used here as your title for your practice and religion because it it not the correct way to use that word.

Saying you are wiccan when in fact your are not will leave you with peers that will not take you seriously and see that you are being disrespectful and insulting to true wicca.

Its best to see use neo-pagan or eclectic pagan or witch as a title or name for your practice. Especially with if you are not really Wiccan.

You need to understand that wicca is oathbound and initiatory. There are people that claim to be covens but are not the true coven or part of the gardnerian lineage of covens. Thse people will have adopted forms of witchcraft and rites but will never true wicca. Neo- pagan is a better fit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 pm
"Sorry" for being a skeptic

Dunno, but religions tend to be more free flowing and relaxed, while cults have binding oaths and secrets and initiation in my experience
So to go by what you're saying, your "one true Wicca" is nothing more than a cult

And you act like we're three year olds that don't understand. Obviously we're not if you're using the same tired not-really-an-argument to try and defend your cult spew, especially this 'there's only one correct form of Wicca' bullshit

Maybe once upon a time it was the 'only' form, but this is 2014. There's more than one recognized form of Wicca. Islam has two recognized forms. Christianity has several. So, your "argument" of there being only one 'true' form of Wicca is invalid  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Orphan Flower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 pm
...witchcraft scare me...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 pm
Orphan Flower

it scares a lot of people actually. you don't need to be scared of it, but it's not exactly a bad thing either  

StrayKit

Orphan Flower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:54 pm
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

it scares a lot of people actually. you don't need to be scared of it, but it's not exactly a bad thing either
Catholic school. Everyone called me a heretic witch. Because I'm agnostic. One class tried to shut me in the kiln and turn it on. For being a 'witch.' Because I said god is female. If there is even just one god or goddess.
I like public school better. No one cares so much.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:59 pm
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

Catholic school. Everyone called me a heretic witch. Because I'm agnostic. One class tried to shut me in the kiln and turn it on. For being a 'witch.' Because I said god is female. If there is even just one god or goddess.

they tried to put you in a kiln and turn it on? that's horrifying! I'm glad that didn't happen o.o

thankfully public schools, or most public schools, aren't that bad about it. don't get me wrong, there's always people out there who won't believe that everyone is entitled to their own religious belief, then there's people who might be part of the same group and play the "you're wrong but I'm right and you're horrible for thinking otherwise" game, but thankfully those people are few and far between.  

StrayKit

Orphan Flower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:05 pm
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

they tried to put you in a kiln and turn it on? that's horrifying! I'm glad that didn't happen o.o

thankfully public schools, or most public schools, aren't that bad about it. don't get me wrong, there's always people out there who won't believe that everyone is entitled to their own religious belief, then there's people who might be part of the same group and play the "you're wrong but I'm right and you're horrible for thinking otherwise" game, but thankfully those people are few and far between.
Yes. For being a witch. I know none. One of the more neutral sisters discovered it and got me out before they could figure out the code to unlock the cover to turn it on. Of course, she be my aunt as well...
The few I have seen here? Think of the Ignore function on this site. That's how they be treated.
Um.
Auntie and I convinced my parents that the school was bad for my health, so here I be in public school.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

Yes. For being a witch. I know none. One of the more neutral sisters discovered it and got me out before they could figure out the code to unlock the cover to turn it on. Of course, she be my aunt as well...
The few I have seen here? Think of the Ignore function on this site. That's how they be treated.
Um.
Auntie and I convinced my parents that the school was bad for my health, so here I be in public school.

well thankfully she was there and stopped them before anything could happen, that's still horrible. I'm sorry it even happened at all.

yeah the ignore buttong...is a pretty nice feature. and I think saying the school was bad for your health was a very polite way to put it.  

StrayKit

Orphan Flower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:50 pm
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

Um.

well thankfully she was there and stopped them before anything could happen, that's still horrible. I'm sorry it even happened at all.

yeah the ignore buttong...is a pretty nice feature. and I think saying the school was bad for your health was a very polite way to put it.
Yes. I be looking at it again, but the nightmares of old come back. Doesn't help.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:11 pm
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

Um.

Yes. I be looking at it again, but the nightmares of old come back. Doesn't help.

I couldn't even imagine...  

StrayKit

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:38 pm
StrayKit

I learn by very unorthodox methods so I cannot answer your questions, I'm very sorry.

Kitalpha Hart

I agree with your post 100%, However, given that Wicca is a very err... "tradition/stuck in it's ways" type of religion that is the one-track opinion a witch/Wiccan would speak.

Times have changed and so has the religion despite attempts of trying to keep any religion on it's own ancient terms before change comes into affect.

I'm not closing out her claims, but I'm at least denying them.

Times have changed and some just can't accept that and that goes for every religion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm
Haunting Paranoia
StrayKit

I learn by very unorthodox methods so I cannot answer your questions, I'm very sorry.

Kitalpha Hart

I agree with your post 100%, However, given that Wicca is a very err... "tradition/stuck in it's ways" type of religion that is the one-track opinion a witch/Wiccan would speak.

Times have changed and so has the religion despite attempts of trying to keep any religion on it's own ancient terms before change comes into affect.

I'm not closing out her claims, but I'm at least denying them.

Times have changed and some just can't accept that and that goes for every religion.
the bolded. Very much so. Especially the ones that are [passive] aggressive about it
At least the Amish don't get in your face about it. Nor do the Mormons  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

StrayKit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm
Haunting Paranoia

unorthodox methods? not sure what you mean by that but no worries, it's fine ^_^  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff