Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Boyfriend Trouble. Advice? My tears wont let me sleep. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was he in the right to say that about me?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Neko Hungary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 pm
Aquatic_blue
ninja feline
Gigi Deveraux
ninja feline
he said that it wasn't my smarts that attracted him to me

*HEADDESK*

*HEADDESK*

*HEADDESK*

gonk I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, he says I'm not stupid eek well...Ah... sweatdrop he said he like my .....perseverance ..... neutral
crying He isn't the best at explaining his feelings which is why I want to speak in person...he knows I'm still upset with him...but I wont see him for weeks...
...sorry....

Hopefully you two will get the chance to speak in person soon so a heart-to-heart talk will hopefully be easier for him to express his feelings to you, and both of you can work this out. I hope the weeks go by quick! ^_^

Thank you...I told him I was going to visit him this week. I recently got accepted to a university and I found a better paying job for myself. Both my new job and new college are farther away... cry I don't want to string him along-so I told him we needed to talk when I go see him. cry

I love him so much... cry sure we both make mistakes sometimes but most of the time we get along perfectly and we always have such a good balance, but I don't want to hold him back... cry I suppose its just how life is...lots of change...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 pm
Gigi Deveraux
How the hell can he say that and you still want to be with him is beyond my ability to understand. Girl, did you not get he called you "stupid" to your face!?

YOU DESERVE BETTER.

You deserve someone who accepts you for what you are, even if they can't really grasp the concepts of the religion you practice... and if your religion is such a problem for him, why didn't he just leave you the hell alone so you could find someone worthy of your love?

OHGAWD if this was in the forums, I would've literally tipped your post like a million times.

I agree completely; you only made a joke about your religion, just something
silly and funny to say—AS WELL AS EXPLAINED AFTERWARD—and he
basically called you stupid for saying that.

Quote:
You've ruined my image of you—I guess it's my fault for thinking so highly of you.

UHM WHAT? SERIOUSLY?

This is what upsets me the most.

It sounds like he put you on a pedestal, like a friggin' Barbie wife,
and you didn't act like he wanted you to act. So he insulted you.

I really, truly think that this relationship is not healthy for that reason, and
you can definitely find someone who respects you, your religion, your sense
of humor, and loves you for who you are—NOT for his "idea" of what you are.

EDIT:
If you truly love him and want to get back with him, go right ahead.
But he BETTER understand the difference if he wants your relationship to work out.

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

Mord Alushar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm
Marnomy
Gigi Deveraux
How the hell can he say that and you still want to be with him is beyond my ability to understand. Girl, did you not get he called you "stupid" to your face!?

YOU DESERVE BETTER.

You deserve someone who accepts you for what you are, even if they can't really grasp the concepts of the religion you practice... and if your religion is such a problem for him, why didn't he just leave you the hell alone so you could find someone worthy of your love?

OHGAWD if this was in the forums, I would've literally tipped your post like a million times.

I agree completely; you only made a joke about your religion, just something
silly and funny to say—AS WELL AS EXPLAINED AFTERWARD—and he
basically called you stupid for saying that.

Quote:
You've ruined my image of you—I guess it's my fault for thinking so highly of you.

UHM WHAT? SERIOUSLY?

This is what upsets me the most.

It sounds like he put you on a pedestal, like a friggin' Barbie wife,
and you didn't act like he wanted you to act. So he insulted you.

I really, truly think that this relationship is not healthy for that reason, and
you can definitely find someone who respects you, your religion, your sense
of humor, and loves you for who you are—NOT for his "idea" of what you are.

EDIT:
If you truly love him and want to get back with him, go right ahead.
But he BETTER understand the difference if he wants your relationship to work out.

^^^^^^
this  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:23 pm
ninja feline
Aquatic_blue
ninja feline
Gigi Deveraux
ninja feline

*HEADDESK*

*HEADDESK*

*HEADDESK*

gonk I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, he says I'm not stupid eek well...Ah... sweatdrop he said he like my .....perseverance ..... neutral
crying He isn't the best at explaining his feelings which is why I want to speak in person...he knows I'm still upset with him...but I wont see him for weeks...
...sorry....

Hopefully you two will get the chance to speak in person soon so a heart-to-heart talk will hopefully be easier for him to express his feelings to you, and both of you can work this out. I hope the weeks go by quick! ^_^

Thank you...I told him I was going to visit him this week. I recently got accepted to a university and I found a better paying job for myself. Both my new job and new college are farther away... cry I don't want to string him along-so I told him we needed to talk when I go see him. cry
I love him so much... cry sure we both make mistakes sometimes but most of the time we get along perfectly and we always have such a good balance, but I don't want to hold him back... cry I suppose its just how life is...lots of change...

That's good that you will be able to visit him this week. If you love him and you see that things are truly working out in your relationship then try not to let that go right away and just try to understand his feelings and express your own to him so that both of you can be on an understanding.

I will say that even in the healthiest relationships - there are arguments. I'm married and love my guy so much and we end up arguing over super dumb things at times. Then we'll just stop and be like, "Wow, why are we arguing about this?" and laugh it off. I remember being angry and not wanting to talk to him because he said something that I didn't like while we were dating. He had valid reasons and I was the one that was being the jerk and not being open minded enough to care about his feelings 100%. When I talked to him again, we both talked and came to an understanding and it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I got mad without understanding the reason first and it wasn't right of me to do so. In most relationships, if they're truly strong - an argument can be talked out and made into a thing of the past.

In the end, it's also your choice what to do in the relationship because you're the one that knows your man better than anyone else here.

At times, life does change, and we need to figure out how to make the most of it. How to make it better in the end. The saying still stands, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." If we keep going in life no matter what decisions we make - we can only get stronger =)  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:49 pm
whoa there.
based on personal experience, that really sounds arrogant and pretty much jerk-like.
is he always like this? or is this the first time this has happened?
have you tried talking to him about how you felt about what he said?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:11 pm
Atomic Poppy
whoa there.
based on personal experience, that really sounds arrogant and pretty much jerk-like.

^_^ we both joke around at how jerk like he can be sweatdrop but he isn't a bad jerk he is the jerk that is a jerk to jerks if that makes sense sweatdrop  

Neko Hungary

Neko Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 pm
Aquatic_blue
ninja feline
Aquatic_blue
ninja feline
Gigi Deveraux
ninja feline

*HEADDESK*

*HEADDESK*

*HEADDESK*

...sorry....

That's good that you will be able to visit him this week. If you love him and you see that things are truly working out in your relationship then try not to let that go right away and just try to understand his feelings and express your own to him so that both of you can be on an understanding.

I will say that even in the healthiest relationships - there are arguments. I'm married and love my guy so much and we end up arguing over super dumb things at times. Then we'll just stop and be like, "Wow, why are we arguing about this?" and laugh it off. I remember being angry and not wanting to talk to him because he said something that I didn't like while we were dating. He had valid reasons and I was the one that was being the jerk and not being open minded enough to care about his feelings 100%. When I talked to him again, we both talked and came to an understanding and it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I got mad without understanding the reason first and it wasn't right of me to do so. In most relationships, if they're truly strong - an argument can be talked out and made into a thing of the past.

In the end, it's also your choice what to do in the relationship because you're the one that knows your man better than anyone else here.

At times, life does change, and we need to figure out how to make the most of it. How to make it better in the end. The saying still stands, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." If we keep going in life no matter what decisions we make - we can only get stronger =)

Well that actually gives me relief, he and I are getting along better gonk I just fear a few things but I'll do my best mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:14 pm
ninja feline
Atomic Poppy
whoa there.

^_^ we both joke around at how jerk like he can be sweatdrop but he isn't a bad jerk he is the jerk that is a jerk to jerks if that makes sense sweatdrop

so you're saying that he basically isn't a bad jerk. lol.
have you talked to him about your feelings towards what he said?  

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm
ninja feline
Aquatic_blue
ninja feline
Aquatic_blue
ninja feline

...sorry....

Well that actually gives me relief, he and I are getting along better gonk I just fear a few things but I'll do my best mrgreen

Yup, just do your best! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:19 pm
Atomic Poppy
ninja feline
Atomic Poppy
whoa there.

Yes, o.o he was sorry but he knew I didn't feel better and just asked me if there was anything he could do and I said "not really just wait for me to get over it"
He tries to cheer me up in the weirdest ways  

Neko Hungary

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 pm
ninja feline
Atomic Poppy
ninja feline
Atomic Poppy
whoa there.

Yes, o.o he was sorry but he knew I didn't feel better and just asked me if there was anything he could do and I said "not really just wait for me to get over it"
He tries to cheer me up in the weirdest ways

lol. okay then..
I guess it's fine if he cares about your feelings.
but after reading all the posts above, maybe you do need to find someone else who will respect you better and watch their words.
your choice if you want to stay with him.
I hope it all works out for you emotion_hug  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces