Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
There is only war.. (former IS-2 tank project) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 am
Received my missing ammo belts from Victoria Miniatures today, along with some extras to make up for a honest mistake. I got an extra ammo belt, a set of armoured torsos, groin plates and a full set of militia heads, all in addition to a $2,50 strip of bits that was mistakenly not shipped with the rest of my order. That's awesome service right there. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:22 am
Where are the updates though? I should break a bone every time you disappoint us. Do you know how many bones I can break in your body?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 am
Lady Blodwynn
Where are the updates though? I should break a bone every time you disappoint us. Do you know how many bones I can break in your body?
What'll you do when it's just the itty bitty wrist and ankle bones left? Those seem like they'd be a real b***h to break. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 am
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
What'll you do when it's just the itty bitty wrist and ankle bones left? Those seem like they'd be a real b***h to break. whee
Knowing Bat-Winnie, no bone will be left unbroken and right now, every bone should be broken. emotion_donotwant  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm
Vikki Stardust
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
Knowing Bat-Winnie, no bone will be left unbroken and right now, every bone should be broken. emotion_donotwant
I approve of this new title. emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:36 am
Pics when I can prime. Have you ever tried taking pictures of unprimed metals? I spent some time fiddling with the ammo belts, which are a delight to work with due to the softer metals used. Simply snip one off the sprue, trim the end a wee bit and carefully fold it across the torso of the mini in question. Right now I'm waiting on two other orders to arrive: Militia heads, more legs, both standing and kneeling now, more torsos, more groin guards and more shotgun arms. The second order is a pack of Victorian legs, both standing and kneeling, these will be for a command squad of sorts.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:23 am
Lt. Brookman
Pics when I can prime. Have you ever tried taking pictures of unprimed metals? I spent some time fiddling with the ammo belts, which are a delight to work with due to the softer metals used. Simply snip one off the sprue, trim the end a wee bit and carefully fold it across the torso of the mini in question. Right now I'm waiting on two other orders to arrive: Militia heads, more legs, both standing and kneeling now, more torsos, more groin guards and more shotgun arms. The second order is a pack of Victorian legs, both standing and kneeling, these will be for a command squad of sorts.
Is this all for only war?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:38 am
Vikki Stardust
Is this all for only war?
Maybe yes. All depends on the cast. I know there will be a sexy commissar, a bawdy sniper with a shotgun strapped across her back and a ??? with a ??? and a ???

Anyway, WIP, voting disabled, yadda-yadda. Click for larger images that support zoom function, not that I encourage it, these are best watched from a distance, not up close.

Veterans squad with carapace armour and shotguns, because rule of cool trumps logic every time in my books. Load-out is a bit s**t, but I don't have access to all the shiny stuff sadly. So shotguns, one meltagun and a grenade launcher. Sergeant just has a sword and pistol, nothing too fancy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not super pleased with the vox operator head, but eh, gotta made do with what I got huh? Really fond of the second model though, on the brown base. Bas excellent pose and the ammo belt, while a bit fiddly, works like a charm on him.

Also got a Chimera for the lads, just need to do something about the weapon ports. Probably cover those up with an excessive amount of spare kit in form of ration boxes, bedrolls and other items of supply for a unit that is on extended operations or more realistically, has been around for a while and knows that not everything fits inside with the troops. Tempted to try and scratch-build a wire basket for the rear of the hull, but that might be too bothersome and might present problems when forces to fire backwards with the turret in gaming terms.

Vehicle uses a simple two-colour camo pattern: Army painter leather brown and Flames of War British Armour green, with the vehicle being sprayed brown first, then had masking tape applied for a second spraying of green paint and presto: Quick, clean camo pattern that yes, is minimal effort, but seeing as I am not a super-painter, I'm happy with the result, just need to touch-up some missed parts here and there whenever Army Painter gets around to releasing their sprays as regular dropper bottle paints..

And yes, the icons on the hatches and turret are not picked out in a different colour, which might be heretical, but seeing as this vehicle is manned by a veteran crew, I'd like to think they know better than to put big shiny golden targets on the side of their vehicle, much like how Germans smeared mud over the big white crosses of their tanks, because a big bulleye on a tank? Easy point of reference for aiming!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 am
I'd go with a large bin on the back holding spare jerry cans and other items of survival, gaming be damned. wink You could always cover up the firing ports with a few fascine bundles or large camo netting made out of old gauze.

How about weathering it a bit? Nothing too severe though, maybe just a few scratches, some dirt around the tracks..  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:21 pm
We get a tank? emotion_kirakira  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 am
Vikki Stardust
We get a tank? emotion_kirakira
Maybe.. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 am
Lady Blodwynn
I'd go with a large bin on the back holding spare jerry cans and other items of survival, gaming be damned. wink You could always cover up the firing ports with a few fascine bundles or large camo netting made out of old gauze.

How about weathering it a bit? Nothing too severe though, maybe just a few scratches, some dirt around the tracks..
I'll get to it when I feel up to it, bit under the weather these days, but fascine bundles sounds nice, though a bit of a bother to properly deploy with that dozer blade.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 am
when the "team" gets a tank, GM gives ATGMs to NPCs...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 am
Van Evok
Depending on the opposition, encounters can be ramped up. wink What at first was a mob of orks on foot can become a rambling squadron of trukks led by a battle wagon.

But, I don't think we'll be going down the mechanized or armoured company road.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 am
Van Evok
Well, nothing too severe, but the system allows for some hard counters to stop the PC's from having too easy a time playing the game. As Blodwynn already mentioned, if the PC's go for a regiment with access to vehicles, the encounters are altered to cope with this sudden increase in PC threat. As a standard, if the PC's have a Leman Russ, regardless of pattern, at the very least you will face one heavy vehicle opponent as fielded by the enemy, so a Battlewagon for the Orks, Predator for Chaos and whatever the Dark Eldar have for their anti-armour duties.

Lady Blodwynn
But, I don't think we'll be going down the mechanized or armoured company road.
Actually, certain formations will be off-limits, as simple as that. Armoured Companies, Hunter-Killer and Recon formations are all a no-go really. Mechanized might be an open option, but from the sound of things not a popular choice with you lot.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff