Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Traitor's Rage - a Traitor Guard blog/plog Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 am
I'll mix in some GW zombies too when i get some, but im kinda fond of the spindliness xD i'll cover some, leave some visible, and use GW bits for others smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:04 pm
just a quick no-photos update, got 4 necromunda gangers waiting for me to collect from a local wargames store in town (a quid a peice!!) and painted all the red on my troops now biggrin (slowly working through the lot one colour at a time haha)  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 am
fire - link
just a quick no-photos update, got 4 necromunda gangers waiting for me to collect from a local wargames store in town (a quid a peice!!) and painted all the red on my troops now biggrin (slowly working through the lot one colour at a time haha)
Which gang? ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 am
Uhhh these guys, got the very middle two, and the 2nd and 4th on the bottom biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:01 am
House Beefcake! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 am
Vikki Stardust
House Beefcake! blaugh

damn right. not sure what to use them as, gonna read the rules for the Penal squads and maybe use them as some kind of slaves?

yeah, expect LOTS of half finished squads as this goes on. they'll all be finished eventually, but since my aim is to make a chaos version of every unit (bar special characters) in the guard codex (incl. all tank variants) i'll be grabbing any few models i can when i see ideal ones cheap xD

just been to collect the gangers, and they look like they were painted with care (aka a fine layer of paint) years ago so its mostly worn away, should be fine to paint over without stripping to be honest, so thats nice biggrin

EDIT:
Okay, definatly penal legion squad. problem is they have to be armed with lasguns. time to lop off the juves pistols then! thank god they're made with the weaker metal GW was using a few years back biggrin very little effort with just a craft knife to remove them  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 am
fire - link
EDIT:
Okay, definatly penal legion squad. problem is they have to be armed with lasguns. time to lop off the juves pistols then! thank god they're made with the weaker metal GW was using a few years back biggrin very little effort with just a craft knife to remove them
Or you could stick a gun to their backs, dont penals roll before battle for a benefit anyway?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:07 am
Vikki Stardust
fire - link
EDIT:
Or you could stick a gun to their backs, dont penals roll before battle for a benefit anyway?

the only weapon benefit is to add a close combat weapon on a 5 or a 6, which the juves already have. they are now 1-handing lasguns too biggrin  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 am
fire - link
Vikki Stardust
fire - link
EDIT:

the only weapon benefit is to add a close combat weapon on a 5 or a 6, which the juves already have. they are now 1-handing lasguns too biggrin
Any ideas on what to do with their jailor?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Vikki Stardust
fire - link
Vikki Stardust
fire - link
EDIT:

Any ideas on what to do with their jailor?

Im thinking maybe either using a Khorne Guardsman with a Cat-o-Nine-Tails as the slaver, or perhaps using the Gang Leader model, with some extra armoured bits added or green stuffed on to make him look like almost a halfway between the slaves and the guard, which do you think would work better?  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:06 am
If going for an overseer with a whip of sorts, be sure to give one or two members of the squad bloodied backs, a bit macabre, but one of those tiny details that adds to the unit.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:19 am
Lady Blodwynn
If going for an overseer with a whip of sorts, be sure to give one or two members of the squad bloodied backs, a bit macabre, but one of those tiny details that adds to the unit.

oooo good point, cheers for that. want to paint more today but this uni work has to be done SOMETIME  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 am
Darkweaver66
Lady Blodwynn

oooo good point, cheers for that. want to paint more today but this uni work has to be done SOMETIME
Maybe give him a mask or something nasty-evil-bad?

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:17 am
Vikki Stardust
Darkweaver66
Lady Blodwynn

User Image
heart I appreciate the reference.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 am
Vikki Stardust

#borderlands reference

could do, could do... tempted to copy the borderlands helmet you "picked out" too

not going out thursday-night gaming tonight because of the heavy rain here, so gonna do a mix of my Animation coursework and some Modelling tonight. if I get anything worthwhile done i'll post pics smile

for those interested, my animation is based on Wall-E, and so far im mostly done modelling a simple version of MO from it (link) almost finished him now (got arms and his sweep), just fine tuning the shape and putting the eyes in. figured out how to make Wall-E's tracks run round the wheels too, so THATS made my day somewhat worthwhile biggrin  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff