Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Battle of the Bands! [Winners Announced! p7] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeroVictimVillain

Quotable Autobiographer

15,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:26 am
hey ive got a second idea, not much of a music lover but what was the style of music toby mcguire was dancing to in the cafe in spiderman 3 when he took that new chic to where mj worked just to piss her off? just wondering cuz we could do something like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm
Six Days Left, People!
I hope you're all getting your art done!

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:30 pm
Extended!
You now have until Sept. 30th to finish your art!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm
ahahah, I'm just going to draw a band figure for my OCs and show it to people just for fun, don't add me in the contest tho lol. I still need a lot of years to improve my art...  

Coco Kitty the Killer X

NancyGlorry

Omnipresent Rabbit

9,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:31 am
soo... I should just drawn my whole band with their respective instrument right?
one of them isn't responding at how should we (me and the others) draw her, so we just conclude a name that fit all of our avatar and I think i'll just draw them.... any thing wrong with this?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 pm
NancyGlorry
soo... I should just drawn my whole band with their respective instrument right?
one of them isn't responding at how should we (me and the others) draw her, so we just conclude a name that fit all of our avatar and I think i'll just draw them.... any thing wrong with this?

^u^ Correct.
I see nothing wrong with that. They've had plenty of time to respond, so do what you must.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Destiny the Wrath

Bashful Giver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 am
Hey, I was wondering if I can drop out? Turns out I won't have the time to make the picture.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:31 pm
Fallen Shylo
Hey, I was wondering if I can drop out? Turns out I won't have the time to make the picture.

Ummm....
Well, I'm not taking you off the list (since your team members might have started already)

Besides, it's not like you'll be penalized for not submitting a picture.
^u^ You just can't win a prize!  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Destiny the Wrath

Bashful Giver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Fallen Shylo

Ummm....
Well, I'm not taking you off the list (since your team members might have started already)

Besides, it's not like you'll be penalized for not submitting a picture.
^u^ You just can't win a prize!

lol that's fine ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:28 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
NancyGlorry

^u^ Correct.
I see nothing wrong with that. They've had plenty of time to respond, so do what you must.

so i take it i can just draw their avatar in the requested manners without their consent? i mean... it doesn't matter whether they answered my PM?
anyway... uh.. i kinda worried if i could make it or not... i got some sort of art block in which i could draw what i want but suck ata those that i need to...
i could draw an OC of mine in all sort of style, from chibi to real-life, but i can't grasp it when i tried to draw others.... whteher it's my other OCs or random crap....

From one of you responds, i take it i'm allowed to not submit my art if i can't make it right?... let's hope that it won't happen... smile  

NancyGlorry

Omnipresent Rabbit

9,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

HeroVictimVillain

Quotable Autobiographer

15,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 pm
even with extention i will not have time im very sorry. i have to drop out.

lol i wont get that prize xd. i really should enter my chances are better this time around. im sorry i cant.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:52 pm
People are just dropping like flies....

It makes me wonder. It really does.

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

SuperBananaBuddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 pm
Is it too late to join? It'd be a shame to watch a thread die because people are dropping out.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 pm
I'd say this was a bust because:
A.) We had to coordinate using Gaia unless we somehow felt comfortable using another service, and Gaia is not useful in group situations unless you friend everyone and they in tern friend everyone so you can do a mass PM.
B.) The difficulty in coordination is magnified by everyone having different opinions on what is and is not good music. By giving us an endless amount of topics to choose from, you gave us too many to narrow down.
C.) With very little in the way of easy communication, real-life matters take precedence and a contest like this is pushed to the back of our minds and forgotten. Especially those like me who forget about gaia entirely for months.  

0000_deleted

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:42 pm
x.e Ugh. I hate it when you go to new places and find out that the internet doesn't work....

@ SuperBananaBuddy
I'm not even sure who's still in the contest.
People have dropped out and others probably won't be submitting.
x.e -sigh-

VRiosArt
A. There's this thing called "posting in the forum" that was an open option for everyone.
B. Well, truthfully, I didn't think it would be that difficult. It's really just a name that you needed to come up with, since the actual music doesn't really matter. I just wanted you guys to draw the same thing.
C. That's why I've been asking if people need extensions. I'm willing to put off the contests end for as long as necessary. My reasoning was that most people must be busy starting school and such. I've been busy getting ready for college and getting my internet to work in my dorm.

Contest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff