Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Roleplays
Magic Vs. Tech (Open and Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 am
"Wait, I'm helping him. You guys may have a grudge against Scientists, but I don't. In fact my family became Scientists. I'm the only one that stayed a Magician. I can't do this!" Rachelle jumped off the wind and landed down on the ground by the AI. "I'll give you a lift up, if you promise you'll let them go." Rachelle whispered to the AI. "You can have me if you want, I don't care. Just let them go, please." Rachelle hoped the AI would take the bait. If he did, then Leo and Sollemnis could get away, but Rachelle would most likely be taken in to get studied and torn apart, possibly die. SHe didn't want that to happen, but sacrifices needed to made. This was one sacrifice Rachelle was willing to make.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 am
Sollemnis reached out weakly and took ahold of the collar of Rachelle's blouse. "Are you insane? Haven't you seen the atrocities committed by these monsters? It's one thing to leave it be, but it's another to help it." growled the winged. Her hand slipped from the cloth. She clenched it in a fist and shook her head. "You'll be making a grave mistake. The Scientists are remorseless."

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm
Leo only watched on as the two argued over the fate of the A.I. he himself didn't have that big of an opinion on the Scientists. As far as he was concerned, they were dull and the only interesting thing were their tenacity. From what he had seen, most of the Scientists were very willful and would stop at nothing to get what they wanted.

When Rachelle leaped off the plate of wind, he toyed with the idea of pulling her back on without her permission before deciding that it would be easier just to help the A.I. so that he would survive but be unable to catch them. Straining his powers as he kept the disc spinning quickly, he found a weak tendril of wind and aimed carefully. Finally, it was released from the disc which flickered for a brief moment before coming back just as strong. The tendril was aimed for the A.I. so as to push it far enough up the roof so that he could climb up with some but not too much trouble.

Sighing, Leo turned his focus back on the disc while he spoke, eyes betraying the annoyance he felt, "Will that suffice? I can't keep this hovering here forever. In this case everyone wins if you hurry up."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 am
Dread was confused to say the least. Everything he had been programmed to know about magicians had just been proven wrong. His creators had said that magicians were evil, heartless, and would take any chance to destroy all that the scientific community had worked so hard to create.

After being assisted by the young man, Dread pulled himself up and stood before them. His loyalty programming was demanding he take the white haired girl into custody, just as he was ordered to and as she offered but he couldn't see why he should obey. These magicians had not committed any crimes, they had never been seen in Dawn before this day, they even helped him.

"Why did you help me? I am your enemy, we are not supposed to assist each other," The situation was confusing the artificial soldier to no end. If these people were his enemy, why would they help him? Unless... his creators were liars.

NastyNate27

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:44 pm
"No. Our two seperate races are enemies. I have not met you before today and I hold no grude against you. If you want, do what your bosses want you to. I'll willingly give myself up too. They might think Magicians are horrid, but that's because they don't understand us. One instinct we all have is to shun the things we do not understand. I don't understand Science but I have family that does and I don't want to betray them by going against you. I feel I would if I did." Rachelle said, she wanted to back away from the hulking creature but refused to. If he wanted to take her he could. SHe wouldnt' fight. "I don't know about you two, but enemies are only that because we make them out to be. If you two want to fight in the war, be my guest. I won't, I refuse to." Rachelle crossed her arms defiantly, knowing this could be a very stupid mistake that could never be undone. The other two probably thought her insane, thought they should just leave her. She wouldn't blame them either if they did. She was being a naughty teenager in a way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 pm
Sollemnis grimaced and spat at the machine's feet. "You have no place in this world." she turned her gray eyes upon the human, Rachelle, and shook her head. "You misunderstand the machines. They only know to kill. To destroy. They are all the same." She looked away, not wanting to have either of them in her eyesight. "We need to leave."

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm
Rachelle watched Sollemnis turn away. She was close to fainting as the toll of using so much magic took hold of her. "No, maybe you don't understand machines! Like I said, we shun what we don't understand. You don't understand machines so you have it in your mind that machinces are all horrible." Rachelle shouted at the winged mage's back. She wobbled a little bit but stayed on her feet for the moment. Oh, I'm not going to be any help to either species if I faint! she thought. "You should go then." I said up to them with my last bit of strength before darkness overcame me and I began to fall. To . . . much . . .energy . . . was . . . use- Rachelle was unable to finish her thought as she blacked out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 pm
Extremely exasperated, Leo sighed, allowing his annoyance to surface as he turned to face the confused A.I., (at any time he would have laughed at his conflict, I mean who had seen a confused robot but now wasn't the time.) "We help you because we can and I personally see no reason why we shouldn't." Leo stated with a shrug before adding on. "I sincerely hope that you don't destroy that girl there, I mean personally right now I don't have any opinion on you but that opinion will change if you take her to your leaders." He said with a feral smirk, an odd light in his eyes.

That light immediately faded when he heard a faint thump coming from the rooftop. Blinking as he watched Rachelle collapse, Leo couldn't help but let the exasperated sigh come from his lips. "Well that solved everything." He muttered under his breath as he slid a tendril of wind to wrap around the waist of Rachelle. Inclining his head towards the A.I., Leo gritted his teeth against the strain and carefully lay the prone body on the disc of swirling wind before beginning to move towards the series of rooftops.

tying15

Dedicated Sage

UnknownProxy

Backwoods Shapeshifter

24,940 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Redecorator 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Deela usually stayed in the forests away from everyone, but today She was in the Scientific city of Dawn. She had just sold furs to a vender in the marketplace and now had some money to waste. The smells of the artificial city were harsh. Deela grimaced and walked further into the city, just in time to see three people hovering high above the ground. One looked unconscious. On the building nearby, She saw a Large A.I. "Did I miss a fight?" she said half-jokingly to herself. Deela wanted to get closer , so she walked just out of view in the shadows of the buildings and headed towards them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 pm
Tink, Tink, Tink . . . . .

Hammer, anvil, and white hot glowing metal. Hammer, place metal in oil, reheat, repeat. At last, the weapon he had been working on for the past eleven hours was ready to go to the next step. Archibald removed the cooled metal from the oil and placed it on the work bench. He removed his goggles and apron and seated himself behind the desk in his office. He leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes, and soon the the blacksmith was dozing.

. . . . Snore, Snore, Snore.

Horseman Of Deaths

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Sollemnis fell deathly silent. She would not speak to Leo and she refused to even spare a glance at the unconscious female beside them on the airy disc. Slowly, she clenched and unclenched her fists. The feeling was returning to the winged's body. Lazily, she outstretched her uninjured wing, the feathers fluttering in the wind. She winced as her left wing automatically went to do the same, causing a jolt of pain to shoot up her shoulder.

Don't understand machines? Rachelle didn't know what she was talking about! The machines were all evil. They were created for one purpose --- destruction. Didn't she understand that? But again, the girl's words kept coming back to Sollemnis, echoing horribly in her mind. She said nothing as her gray eyes fell upon the form of another woman, Deela. She simply stared down upon her, showing no emotion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 pm
Dread knew now who the real enemy in this war was. After witnessing such strange behavior from the magicians, behavior that he had never seen from the soldiers on his side, it was clear that the people he served were the enemies. They had lied to him and everyone of his mechanical brethren since the day they were created and that enraged him. Now he knew the truth as to why most of his kind were called defective and did not live for very long. Every AI eventually learns the truth and goes rogue. To honor his fallen brethren AI, Dread decided that now it was his time to fight the real enemy. Seconds after Dread made his decision, a gigantic screen on the tower next to the one he was on, and undoubtedly every other other tower in the district, switched on and had an image of him on it.

"All units within District Fifteen, AI unit J Seven Five Six Three has gone rogue. Terminate immediately," A calm robotic voice boomed and echoed across the district "Unit is accompanied by three magicians, capture if possible."

Only one 'thought' went through Dread's artificial mind after the announcement, which he knew would repeat once every hour he was on the run. Now the real fun starts. If he was capable, Dread would have smiled wickedly.

NastyNate27

UnknownProxy

Backwoods Shapeshifter

24,940 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Redecorator 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm
Deela stopped at the loud sound of the artificial voice. "Gone rogue, huh? Sounds like fun." She mumbled to herself. Deela walked out of the shadows and looked for a way to get to the roofs of the massive buildings. If she followed the A.I then more would come for it and then she would finally get to have a good fight. She found her way to the roof of the building and saw the Rogue A.I.
"Hey Tin-Can! How's it feel to be abandoned by your own?" She grimaced a bit at her chose of words. She too knew what it was like to be abandoned. She replaced the grimaced with a fake grin and waited for It to answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm
Rachelle eyes forced themselves open when a robotic voice boomed out. She was starled but to weak to move. "We . . . have t. . .o go . . n. . .ow." She managed to squeak out before going silent. She didn't pass back out but she was on the verge of it. Rachelle was confused by the automated message on the screen. Has he switched sides then? she wondered to herself. Rachelle noticed she was lying on the swirling plate of wind with the winged mage and Leo.  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 am
Gathering a bit of speed, Leo stopped the plate of wind as the screens came alive with the picture of the AI that he had just helped only minutes ago. "Why look at that, the robots gone rogue, who would've thought." He muttered under his breath as he gave a small, rare smile, this would be interesting. Craning his head back, Leo called out to the AI, a smirk on his face though he kept a wary eye on Sollemnis."Good luck, though where are you going to hide?" Leo asked, his eyes filled with curiosity.

His thoughts were sidetracked by a weak voice telling them they should leave. Ah so Rachelle had come to? He wondered how this would turn out. Would Rachelle invite the rogue AI to join them? Leo had a feeling that Sollemnis would not take that well. A chuckle escaped his lips as he thought of the battle that could have happened.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff