Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:40 pm
grymlog
Lethkhar
grymlog
Lethkhar
grymlog

who says lizard players use a slann? a old-blood on a carnauasur is nasty to. i have seen a carnausaur killed a dragon ogre shaggot in 1 turn

Here's why:

Every single time I've played against a Lizardmen army with a Slaan, I've lost.

Every single time I've played against a Lizardmen army without a Slaan, I've won.

wel i ave played with both and won
That's a fact.

Wonderful.

I didn't say it was impossible, I'm just saying that, considering that Slaan are the best wizards in the game, it seems only logical to use one.

well i have had one time some one used a slann and he didnt cast a thing..... xd

i think if you use magic in warhammer that u must really trust on luck

Well, the whole game sort of relies on luck. Magic, like any other part of the game, is just about measuring your luck and seeing if the chance is worth it.

You know, deciding whether to roll 3 or 4 dice for a spell. Stuff like that. Unless you're Tomb Kings...

And Slaan tend to be able to cast things quite well. Not to mention the variety of spells they can choose from. They're quite competent.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:13 am
Well what would Tzneech do for a Beast men army.  

Desperado de Anarquia

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:35 am
ShasO Bane
Well what would Tzneech do for a Beast men army.

It adds power dice and dispel dice to each of their respective pools. It makes your shamans/wizards scarier.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:46 am
Hmm, qwell I am 95% sure about starting beast men, So what are your perceptions of Shamans, good bad, in between? And I was wondering what is Better Beast Lord with Great weapon, Or Beastlord with two one handed weapons?  

Desperado de Anarquia

Human Cladogenesis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:17 pm
ShasO Bane
Hmm, qwell I am 95% sure about starting beast men, So what are your perceptions of Shamans, good bad, in between? And I was wondering what is Better Beast Lord with Great weapon, Or Beastlord with two one handed weapons?

It's entirely situational. If you need him to help tear apart some heavy cavalry or something similar, a Great Weapon. If you are facing off against average->lightly armored troops, dual Hand Weapons will wreak more havoc... I'd suggest just looking over your list, and seeing whether it would be more beneficial to you personally to have another heavy hitter, or if a few extra average attacks would be more helpful.
Shamans have the potential to be very useful. With the lore of Death, they can help fill the shooty niche that Beastmen lack. Lore of beasts can help support your units, potentially aiding in rallying them n' such. Not to mention that a Shaman with Staff of Darkoth ambushing with a Beast Herd is a not-so-nice suprise for your foe. twisted

Unfortunately though, they can't take the Mark of Tzeentch, so no colorful fires for them. They're saved for Shaggoths, Doombulls, Wargors, and Beastlords.

I'm actually building Tzeentchian Beastmen as well. This is just a very basic list for them, but if it can help you get any ideas....

Heroes
Wargor
Equipment: Great Weapon.
Magic: Tzeentch.
Items: Spell Familiar and Armour of Damnation.
Mark of Tzeentch.
Total: 179pts.

Bray-Shaman
Level 2 with Lore of Death
Chaos Armour and Staff of Darkoth.
Total: 145pts.

Core:
Beast Herd
12 Gors and 8 Ungors.
Equipment: Gor have two Hand Weapons and Ungors have Spears.
Musician, Standard
Total: 131pts.

Beast Herd
12 Gors and 7 Ungors.
Musician. 5pts.
Total: 117pts.

Tzaangor Herd
15 Bestigors.
Equipment: Hand Weapon, Great Weapon and Heavy Armour.
Full Command.
Mark of Tzeentch.
Total: 230pts.

Special:
4 Minotaurs
Additional hand weapons.
Mark of Tzeentch.
Total: 196pts.

Total: 998pts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:37 pm
Milty
ShasO Bane

It's entirely situational. If you need him to help tear apart some heavy cavalry or something similar, a Great Weapon. If you are facing off against average->lightly armored troops, dual Hand Weapons will wreak more havoc... I'd suggest just looking over your list, and seeing whether it would be more beneficial to you personally to have another heavy hitter, or if a few extra average attacks would be more helpful.
Shamans have the potential to be very useful. With the lore of Death, they can help fill the shooty niche that Beastmen lack. Lore of beasts can help support your units, potentially aiding in rallying them n' such. Not to mention that a Shaman with Staff of Darkoth ambushing with a Beast Herd is a not-so-nice suprise for your foe. twisted

Unfortunately though, they can't take the Mark of Tzeentch, so no colorful fires for them. They're saved for Shaggoths, Doombulls, Wargors, and Beastlords.

I'm actually building Tzeentchian Beastmen as well. This is just a very basic list for them, but if it can help you get any ideas....

Heroes
Wargor
Equipment: Great Weapon.
Magic: Tzeentch.
Items: Spell Familiar and Armour of Damnation.
Mark of Tzeentch.
Total: 179pts.

Bray-Shaman
Level 2 with Lore of Death
Chaos Armour and Staff of Darkoth.
Total: 145pts.

Core:
Beast Herd
12 Gors and 8 Ungors.
Musician, Standard
Total: 131pts.

Beast Herd
12 Gors and 7 Ungors.
Musician. 5pts.
Total: 117pts.

Tzaangor Herd
15 Bestigors.
Equipment: Hand Weapon, Great Weapon and Heavy Armour.
Full Command.
Mark of Tzeentch.
Total: 230pts.

Special:
4 Minotaurs
Additional hand weapons.
Mark of Tzeentch.
Total: 196pts.

Total: 998pts.

Well your Hero will be a Potent entity on the Battle field, A kick arse CC fighter with two levels of sorcery will tear up Entire squads, and youll have lots of power dice also, Let's just say you'll be fierd by High Elfs in the Magic department biggrin . Well I am officialy starting my Beastmen I have the Codex or Army book (What ever you want ot call it) and I will get models after Im done with my Tau. I will be fighting Mostly Lizardmen and High Elfs... so I need to make a good army to counter them, any advice?  

Desperado de Anarquia

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:03 am
Two random questions from a modelling perspective:

Could Gorthor be ordered individually and used as a decent standalone model?

And what the heck is going on with Morghur? These pictures give no decent indication...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:33 pm
Under the mixed Army and Character rules am I able to use the Caos Stunties to help my Gors?  

Desperado de Anarquia

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:22 pm
ShasO Bane
Under the mixed Army and Character rules am I able to use the Caos Stunties to help my Gors?

What are "Caos Stunties"? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:08 pm
Slang for Chaos Dwarfs.  

Desperado de Anarquia

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 am
ShasO Bane
Slang for Chaos Dwarfs.

But isn't "Chaos Dwarves" shorter and easier to say? confused

No, beastmen are not allowed to use them (Yet). The most recent rules for Chaos Dwarves (Ravening Hordes) said nothing about them being able to combine with any of the Chaos factions.

There was a big debate about this in the Chaos Dwarves thread about a year ago...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:23 pm
Lethkhar
ShasO Bane
Slang for Chaos Dwarfs.

No, beastmen are not allowed to use them (Yet). The most recent rules for Chaos Dwarves (Ravening Hordes) said nothing about them being able to combine with any of the Chaos factions.

There was a big debate about this in the Chaos Dwarves thread about a year ago...

Well, the U.S. GW site updated, and put the Chaos Dwarfs (Ravening Hordes) in both Chaos and Beast of Chaos pages. I'm guessing that would be the reason for the question.  

Daemon_King

Desperado de Anarquia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:35 pm
Yah, and I want to use them crying That would have been cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:27 pm
Daemon_King
Lethkhar
ShasO Bane
Slang for Chaos Dwarfs.

Well, the U.S. GW site updated, and put the Chaos Dwarfs (Ravening Hordes) in both Chaos and Beast of Chaos pages. I'm guessing that would be the reason for the question.

Hm...Maybe they're preparing for something? neutral  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:50 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_King
Lethkhar
ShasO Bane
Slang for Chaos Dwarfs.

Hm...Maybe they're preparing for something? neutral

Well, I did here that Chaos will be getting revised sometime in the future. So, Chaos Dwarfs might actually be officially part of Chaos. I mean, some of the things I've heard already are nuts.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff