The Hordes of Chaos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:34 pm
Daemon_king
I can't remember what choice is a Chaos Dwarf unit in a Hordes of Chaos Army. HELP!!

Chaos Dwarves aren't part of chaos. They're their own separate army. Although in the near future they may join with chaos as another wing, like beasts of chaos. In that case, they will be special choices. However like I said before they aren't part of chaos yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:40 pm
Daicon
Well, I've recently decided that I'll be starting a Hordes of Chaos army, but I've yet to decide what I want to do with them as of yet. My choices are mainly between an Archaon's Horde army or a Khorne army. Opinions, please?

Well personally I went with khorne because you can get magic anyway in a big enough battle. Plus magic resistance is invaluable. Also, if you arm your chaos warriors with 2 hand weapons then give them the mark of khorne they get 3 attacks each for a core unit eek .

Now, you may have been surprised by my saying you could get magic in a big enough battle. Galrauch, first of the Chaos dragons, is a level 4 wizard of tzeentch. He can be taken into any chaos army, including a khorne army. Of course, this is only if you're willing to spend that many points on a single unit. But he's invaluable and a complete surprised in a 3000 point army.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:45 pm
Oh, and be careful with a full demon army. They are fickle beings, very powerful, but instability is devastating. It's almost sad to see such a fantastically evil army get wiped out because it's outnumbered.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:06 pm
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I am torn between the forces of Nurgle and Slannesh! I want to do both but Slannesh promises power! And Nurgle promises cookies!

gonk  

The Death Masque

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:19 am
Mister Freeze

I am torn between the forces of Nurgle and Slannesh! I want to do both but Slannesh promises power! And Nurgle promises cookies!

gonk
heart Slannesh promises hot deamon women heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:16 pm
Mister Freeze

gonk

Between those two, gotta go with Nurgle. ******** impossible to kill and pretty hard to break. Then again, there's always the Slaaneshi demonettes...  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:43 am
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

gonk

Between those two, gotta go with Nurgle. ******** impossible to kill and pretty hard to break. Then again, there's always the Slaaneshi demonettes...

Well, Slaanesh are immune to psychology, and nurgle cause fear. Nurgle are tough, but they can be beaten, Slaanesh like to hang in there as do Nurgle, Demonettes aren't the best daemons in the game, Nurgle daemons in my oppinion are the best fantasy demons of troops, higher toughness. Each have their postives and negatives. So, Freeze, I recommend making a small army of both, and work with them and see which is better, or do an undivided army with Nurgle and Slaanesh, but I doubt they would work too well together.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:30 pm
Demonettes can be mounted...but fear can be really devastating. I guess it depends on what you're fighting.  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:04 am
Lethkhar
Demonettes can be mounted...but fear can be really devastating. I guess it depends on what you're fighting.

Yeah, but they are very fickle.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:21 pm
Daemon_king
Lethkhar

Yeah, but they are very fickle.

That's the definition of Chaos.  

Lethkhar

The Death Masque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:51 am
Well I've decided to do both. M'yup.

Also, just to be a b***h, I'm going to throw in some Beastmen into both armies for good measure.

Plus, I'm going to be saving up for the Froge World Keeper of Secrets. I don't like the metal model. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:41 am
Mister Freeze

Also, just to be a b***h, I'm going to throw in some Beastmen into both armies for good measure.

Plus, I'm going to be saving up for the Froge World Keeper of Secrets. I don't like the metal model. xp

Beastmen are awesome. Ambush kicks a**!  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:49 pm
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Beastmen are awesome. Ambush kicks a**!

The general has to have the ambush ability inorder to ambush.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:36 pm
Ok. I've never been to this portion of the guild, having only used the RP section, but I thought I'd give it a try. For a while now I've been looking at the Warhammer models in GW's websight. I have absolutely 0 books on Warhammer, but the models where just so cool. They gave me inspiriation. I decided to create a series of armies, each with a theme. I've been looking for a place to post them and get feedback, and just found this place! Keep in mind, I did not consider points whatsoever since I didn't have the books, and my only referance for the demons was my Chaos Space Marines codex. So here goes, my themed army for the Hordes of Chaos.

Hordes of Chaos (Slaanesh mostly)
This is a cavalry based army. I chose Slaanesh for the mounted demons because of their Warp Screem coupled with their Demonic Talons and their mounts' high speeds. The whole concept of this army is moving fast and getting tangled in melee. The Daemonettes provide a screen for the Knights as both charge forward ahead of the Mammoths. They tangle in melee, and if they push through hit the units that are most dangerous to the Mammoths, such as cannons and bolt throwers. I threw in a Tzneetch sorcerer along with the Slaaneshi for greater spell selection. They'll wreak havoc while the Mammoths lumber forward. When the Mammoths hit, its all over. The simplist kind of combat.

Lord: Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh mounted upon Slaaneshi steed.
Lord: Keeper of Secrets (Forgeworld)
Hero: Sorcerer of Tzneentch (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Hero: Sorcerer of Slaanesh (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Mauraders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Marauders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Knights of Chaos with Marks of Slaanesh
Special: Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh
2 Rare: Chaos War Mammoth

The War Mammoths are from Forgeworld and are the only unit (besides the demons) for which I know the percisie rules. They where just too powerfull to pass up. I basicaly themed the army after them.  

hotwaxonlobsters

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:50 pm
hotwaxonlobsters
Ok. I've never been to this portion of the guild, having only used the RP section, but I thought I'd give it a try. For a while now I've been looking at the Warhammer models in GW's websight. I have absolutely 0 books on Warhammer, but the models where just so cool. They gave me inspiriation. I decided to create a series of armies, each with a theme. I've been looking for a place to post them and get feedback, and just found this place! Keep in mind, I did not consider points whatsoever since I didn't have the books, and my only referance for the demons was my Chaos Space Marines codex. So here goes, my themed army for the Hordes of Chaos.

Hordes of Chaos (Slaanesh mostly)
This is a cavalry based army. I chose Slaanesh for the mounted demons because of their Warp Screem coupled with their Demonic Talons and their mounts' high speeds. The whole concept of this army is moving fast and getting tangled in melee. The Daemonettes provide a screen for the Knights as both charge forward ahead of the Mammoths. They tangle in melee, and if they push through hit the units that are most dangerous to the Mammoths, such as cannons and bolt throwers. I threw in a Tzneetch sorcerer along with the Slaaneshi for greater spell selection. They'll wreak havoc while the Mammoths lumber forward. When the Mammoths hit, its all over. The simplist kind of combat.

Lord: Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh mounted upon Slaaneshi steed.
Lord: Keeper of Secrets (Forgeworld)
Hero: Sorcerer of Tzneentch (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Hero: Sorcerer of Slaanesh (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Mauraders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Marauders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)

The War Mammoths are from Forgeworld and are the only unit (besides the demons) for which I know the percisie rules. They where just too powerfull to pass up. I basicaly themed the army after them.

That list is not logical.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces