Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desperado de Anarquia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:25 pm
Lethkhar
ShasO Bane
But Currently What is the Best tactic for them?

There really is no "best tactic" for any army. Otherwise what would be the point in playing? Everyone has their own style. It takes awhile to really be good with any army.

I ment as in are they genraly a fast attack or a shooty or a casting army.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:12 pm
ShasO Bane
Lethkhar
ShasO Bane
But Currently What is the Best tactic for them?

There really is no "best tactic" for any army. Otherwise what would be the point in playing? Everyone has their own style. It takes awhile to really be good with any army.

I ment as in are they genraly a fast attack or a shooty or a casting army.

Whatever you want them to be. The people I fight usually are pretty shooty with them. They have a couple of cavalry units to slow my men down as they blast away with the reaper bolt thrower(s). Then there's the assassins...Then again I usually beat these people so I dunno...  

Lethkhar

Narelon the Great

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:11 pm
I play an offensive army, Witch Elves, Hydra, Cold One Chariot(s) etc, supported by repeater crossbows, reaper bolt throwers and a substantial amount of magic.

The melee troops are the key to my plans and the ranged soldiers are there to support, harass and destract.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:18 pm
I made a list for fun, but I know now that I should probably do some work on it, but this is what I have right now.

-Highborn On Dragon
-Sorcress on Cold one
-Beast Master on Dark Peg.
-3 Units of 10 Warriors
-2 Units of Cold One Knights, 5-6 strong.
- 2 Hydras

I know it's small... But I love the monsters, but it needs some work.

I won the other day with it only because all my characters survived, and I was able to run down a unit of Swordsman with my dragon.  

HiveLord

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:51 am
Ok, so I plan on playing a Dark Elf player sometime soon. It's a pretty important match. The thing is, I just realized that I really have no idea what the general flaw in a Dark Elf army is. Kinda like how Ogres are easily outnumbered, Chaos has little to no ranged attacks, Wood Elves have non-existant armour, and so on and so forth. So... Just what IS the general weakness of a Dark Elf army?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:13 am
Everlasting Chaos
Ok, so I plan on playing a Dark Elf player sometime soon. It's a pretty important match. The thing is, I just realized that I really have no idea what the general flaw in a Dark Elf army is. Kinda like how Ogres are easily outnumbered, Chaos has little to no ranged attacks, Wood Elves have non-existant armour, and so on and so forth. So... Just what IS the general weakness of a Dark Elf army?

They all have T3, and aren't the best in close combat. The only thing they may have would be spear regiments, but they drop like flies, or the high weapon skill.  

Daemon_King

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:51 pm
Everlasting Chaos

They die easily. Honestly, the only things that don't die easily are their monsters. T3, for any elf player, is the major annoyance. Down to their greatest Lord, all of them have T3.

Of course, they usually make up for this in WS, but if you can overcome that they'll drop, as Daemon King put it so well, like flies.

And if you can (somehow) outmaneuver them, you overcome their main advantage. Their strategy is largely based on their high movement, and being able to get where they want to be quickly.

So if you were playing, say, orcs and goblins, this would be easy. Be sure to bring plenty of squigs and you'll ruin the dark elf player's day.

If you get the charge on elves, they're screwed.

What army are you using against him?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:35 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

They die easily. Honestly, the only things that don't die easily are their monsters. T3, for any elf player, is the major annoyance. Down to their greatest Lord, all of them have T3.

Of course, they usually make up for this in WS, but if you can overcome that they'll drop, as Daemon King put it so well, like flies.

And if you can (somehow) outmaneuver them, you overcome their main advantage. Their strategy is largely based on their high movement, and being able to get where they want to be quickly.

So if you were playing, say, orcs and goblins, this would be easy. Be sure to bring plenty of squigs and you'll ruin the dark elf player's day.

Also, I'd like to mention Ogres or Skaven, for outmaneuvering, and Chaos, can match the Dark Elves weapon skill and still can do some damage.  

Daemon_King

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:52 am
Daemon_King
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Also, I'd like to mention Ogres or Skaven, for outmaneuvering, and Chaos, can match the Dark Elves weapon skill and still can do some damage.
Elves manouvering? Im used to seeing one regiment getting slaughtered in Cc with my Orges, and then having like one or two Orge make it into cc with the rest of em(the Dark Elves have repeaters)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:22 pm
Reddemon
Daemon_King
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Elves manouvering? Im used to seeing one regiment getting slaughtered in Cc with my Orges, and then having like one or two Orge make it into cc with the rest of em(the Dark Elves have repeaters)

Well, there's more than one way to play an army. It's just using elves' movement is the most common. Elven steeds have a movement of 9 for Christ's sake.  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:54 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Empire. Ok, so lots of Knights and lots of Mortars. Maybe a few Helblasters or Giants too...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:23 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Empire. Ok, so lots of Knights and lots of Mortars. Maybe a few Helblasters or Giants too...

If you're using empire I wouldn't recommend wasting points on handgunmen. You don't need the armor-piercing and the fact that they can't move-and-shoot is a big disadvantage.

I would recommend using the battalion rules to your best advantage. Use your artillery to take out his archers and such. Let his close-combat units charge at your battalions and get slaughtered by entire battalions' stand-and-shoot shots. Does the empire have archers? Or do you have to have those handgunmen?

Oh, and that sniper-rifle thingy will help a ton. Remember, even his lords have T3, so if you hit them it's pretty easy to kill them in a couple of turns, especially if you have more than one engineer.

A giant may be useful for soaking up missile fire, but quite frankly with the elves' high leadership his causing terror won't do you much good.

Also keep in mind that you'll probably outnumber him, and in fact should make sure that you do so.  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:01 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

If you're using empire I wouldn't recommend wasting points on handgunmen. You don't need the armor-piercing and the fact that they can't move-and-shoot is a big disadvantage.

I would recommend using the battalion rules to your best advantage. Use your artillery to take out his archers and such. Let his close-combat units charge at your battalions and get slaughtered by entire battalions' stand-and-shoot shots. Does the empire have archers? Or do you have to have those handgunmen?

Oh, and that sniper-rifle thingy will help a ton. Remember, even his lords have T3, so if you hit them it's pretty easy to kill them in a couple of turns, especially if you have more than one engineer.

A giant may be useful for soaking up missile fire, but quite frankly with the elves' high leadership his causing terror won't do you much good.

Also keep in mind that you'll probably outnumber him, and in fact should make sure that you do so.

Swordsmen horde with many detatchments of Archers lead by Master Engineers equipped with the Hochland Long Rifle. Got it. I'll probably stick in a Steam Tank too just for the extra rifle...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:36 pm
Hey can someone do me a favor and post the stat line for warriors and cosairs?  

Boranor

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:10 pm
Boranor
Hey can someone do me a favor and post the stat line for warriors and cosairs?

No, no we cannot.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces