Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Bretonnians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loserville2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:34 am
Now my only question is, how can you have an entire army of chosen knights and he have an army of pegasus knights?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:05 pm
eldin706
Now my only question is, how can you have an entire army of chosen knights and he have an army of pegasus knights?

Who said anything about an entire army of either...?

And back to the questions, I play Empire. So I don't really have the options of Nurgle or Chosen Warriors. sweatdrop  

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:10 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Lethkhar
eldin706
You cannot force a unit that has flying to charge anything, if the user is smart he won't put his pegasus warriors where they can be hurt, all he has to do is put them in the middle of his table and once you two are done deployment he can move them to where he would need them. The wonders of flying units.

That's what I'm saying. If my entire army consists of chosen chaos warriors and his pegasus knights, who's he gonna charge? He has no option but to charge my soldiers and get slaughtered. Unless pegasus knights are long-range, I doubt he would stand a chance.

But then again he IS the champion...

Bloody hell, your Chaos Warriors. The Pegasus Knights and you have the same toughness, except they get strength 5 on the charge. They have one extra wound, and of course will always be charging you essentially. If you want to drop something nasty on them, take the Nurgle Mark, and use death magic. If your lucky and get the Doom and Darkness spell, you can force him to take the all important leadership test to charge your precious units, and fail, especially if its at Ld 5 instead of the normal 8. Thats my advice. If they are too afraid to charge you they really aren't worth the pts value. Plus if you can outnumber his unit, they will outbreak if you win.

Do pegasus knights have 4 attacks each?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:11 pm
Everlasting Chaos
eldin706

And back to the questions, I play Empire. So I don't really have the options of Nurgle or Chosen Warriors. sweatdrop

Well, I would suggest spearmen. Don't the Empire ones get some kind of bonus against things charging them or something?  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:36 am
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
eldin706

Well, I would suggest spearmen. Don't the Empire ones get some kind of bonus against things charging them or something?

No, they don't. I have Pirazzo's Lost Legion though. They use pikes. Always strike first and +1 S against charging cavalry. They also fight in four ranks and the first rank is equipped with crossbows.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:24 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
eldin706

No, they don't. I have Pirazzo's Lost Legion though. They use pikes. Always strike first and +1 S against charging cavalry. They also fight in four ranks and the first rank is equipped with crossbows.

Uh, yeah. That's what I meant. Pikemen... sweatdrop  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:52 am
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
eldin706

Uh, yeah. That's what I meant. Pikemen... sweatdrop

Yeah, only Dogs of War have Pikes, though the Lost Legion counts as a special choice in an Empire army. But even then I can only take the one.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:26 pm
Ah, Bretonnians. I don't know what you all are going on about, Bretonnians are a helluva lotta fun.

The knight charge and lance formation are pretty fantastic, it can slay a good few units in the first round, and a properly eqiupped unit of knights can hadle the hard grind of combat if they fail to run down an enemy.

Most fun I can say I had is during one 1500 point battle against an army of dwarves, my Pegasus knights disabled the two War Machines on the field, and my men-at-arms swarmed the Dwarf Lord.

The funny part is, the Pegasi killed more dwarves than the knights riding them.  

BlueLucied

BlueLucied

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:37 pm
Lethkhar

A regular Knight has 1 attack, a Gallant has two, and each pegasus has 2 attacks at S4.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 pm
BlueLucied
Lethkhar

A regular Knight has 1 attack, a Gallant has two, and each pegasus has 2 attacks at S4.

Ummm... I thought it said that the pegasi's stats were included as part of the knight's profile...  

Everlasting Chaos

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:34 pm
It is, but your knight gets a lance, and has Strength 5 on the charge I believe. The Pegasus, like normal calvary also get attacks, can't very well have a horse attack with a lance in its teeth now can you? So they attack with hooves and such.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:36 pm
Lethkhar
EliotJamesRookwood
Lethkhar
eldin706
You cannot force a unit that has flying to charge anything, if the user is smart he won't put his pegasus warriors where they can be hurt, all he has to do is put them in the middle of his table and once you two are done deployment he can move them to where he would need them. The wonders of flying units.

That's what I'm saying. If my entire army consists of chosen chaos warriors and his pegasus knights, who's he gonna charge? He has no option but to charge my soldiers and get slaughtered. Unless pegasus knights are long-range, I doubt he would stand a chance.

But then again he IS the champion...

Bloody hell, your Chaos Warriors. The Pegasus Knights and you have the same toughness, except they get strength 5 on the charge. They have one extra wound, and of course will always be charging you essentially. If you want to drop something nasty on them, take the Nurgle Mark, and use death magic. If your lucky and get the Doom and Darkness spell, you can force him to take the all important leadership test to charge your precious units, and fail, especially if its at Ld 5 instead of the normal 8. Thats my advice. If they are too afraid to charge you they really aren't worth the pts value. Plus if you can outnumber his unit, they will outbreak if you win.

No they don't, and if they make it to combat, you should be able to survive the first round, and if your lucky get attacks back. Make sure you challenge too, they champion and the unit has 2 wounds, but a Chosen Chaos Champion should be able to destroy them, or better yet a character.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:10 pm
In conclusion:Something that's based almost entirely on one kind of unit will be easily squashed under the boot of an even slightly experienced general, as long as they have a firm idea of what that unit is based around.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:59 pm
Everlasting Chaos
BlueLucied
Lethkhar

Ummm... I thought it said that the pegasi's stats were included as part of the knight's profile...
Nope. The knight and Pegusi get seperate attacks.  

BlueLucied

BlueLucied

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:12 pm
Well, if someone has an army of nothing but Pegasus Knights, that would be slightly retarded.

As flyers, Peg Knights are best in the small groups to KO war machines and for flank charges. Their movement allows them to get across the table fast, but with my experience playing with them, I would not want an army full of them because...

A: The knights on the Pegusi are only so-so. The only real benefit is the charge, and even then, as skirmishers, they don't get the benifit of the lance formation.

B: To be able to use so many Peg Knights, you would need to sink the points in for a Lord or hero riding a Royal Pegasus.

C: They are expensive. At 55 points per model, they are the third most expensive troop type, behind the Trebuchet and The Grail reliquae.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff