Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:48 am
Lozt_1
I am currently building my Orc war. I picked up a few used units from a mate who was throwing them out. 14 arrers, 14 Choppa orcs, 14 Night Gobz with short bows, a chariot, an orc on foot I converted to a warboss, Skarsnik and Gobbla special charachter, and a boar with no rider. I also got the ork half of a starter box 16 arrers, 18 choppas, 1 boar boss, and a chariot. Now this is about 1200 point I hear.

My plan.
30 arrers: 10 of which will be stripped of there bows and equipped with choppas. This will leave me a unit of 20 arrers. Backed up by the night gobz should be a pretty good fire support base.

42 choppa orks: (After the converted arrers are added) This will give me a unit of 20 and a unit of 21 orcs. The unit of 20 will be left with two weapons and count as my Big Uns. The unit of 21 will all be made into single choppa orks so I can exploit the choppa rule.

3 chariots: I will use the boar boss and extra boar and the left over Orc to build a third chariot from scratch. This will make a great orky addition of my own and help to hit the enemy lines hard and fast while my other units are advancing.

My Warboss will accompany the Big Uns. Skarsnik and Gobbla will be permission only so I don't know if I will be able to use gobbla and if not Skarsnik will become a Night Gob shaman.

It sounds good to me. I put a lot of thought into makeing it work and hope that my friend finally gets my half the box in the post so I can get started. I have not played Fantasy in twelve years other then one game this past weekend with a borrowed Lizardmen army. i lost but it was fun. Any Ideas for improving my design or list let me know thanks. I currently only plan on filling out the Night Gobz regiment up to a total of 40 with 3 fanatics and as many netters as i am allowed. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I will only be adding regular and savage orks over time and eventually cut out the night gobz.

Same plan different day...

you know, if you dropped Skarsnick, you'd have a pretty good Grimgors 'Ardboyz army....  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:57 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
I am currently building my Orc war. I picked up a few used units from a mate who was throwing them out. 14 arrers, 14 Choppa orcs, 14 Night Gobz with short bows, a chariot, an orc on foot I converted to a warboss, Skarsnik and Gobbla special charachter, and a boar with no rider. I also got the ork half of a starter box 16 arrers, 18 choppas, 1 boar boss, and a chariot. Now this is about 1200 point I hear.

My plan.
30 arrers: 10 of which will be stripped of there bows and equipped with choppas. This will leave me a unit of 20 arrers. Backed up by the night gobz should be a pretty good fire support base.

42 choppa orks: (After the converted arrers are added) This will give me a unit of 20 and a unit of 21 orcs. The unit of 20 will be left with two weapons and count as my Big Uns. The unit of 21 will all be made into single choppa orks so I can exploit the choppa rule.

3 chariots: I will use the boar boss and extra boar and the left over Orc to build a third chariot from scratch. This will make a great orky addition of my own and help to hit the enemy lines hard and fast while my other units are advancing.

My Warboss will accompany the Big Uns. Skarsnik and Gobbla will be permission only so I don't know if I will be able to use gobbla and if not Skarsnik will become a Night Gob shaman.

It sounds good to me. I put a lot of thought into makeing it work and hope that my friend finally gets my half the box in the post so I can get started. I have not played Fantasy in twelve years other then one game this past weekend with a borrowed Lizardmen army. i lost but it was fun. Any Ideas for improving my design or list let me know thanks. I currently only plan on filling out the Night Gobz regiment up to a total of 40 with 3 fanatics and as many netters as i am allowed. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I will only be adding regular and savage orks over time and eventually cut out the night gobz.

Same plan different day...

you know, if you dropped Skarsnick, you'd have a pretty good Grimgors 'Ardboyz army....
Sounds cool I have read through the older O&G book and some of that fluff is great. I will eventually drop him and the night gobz. But not until I am able to field a minimum of 2000 points of orks.  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:04 pm
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/orcs/gaming/special_characters/skarsnik.htm

If this link works, it gives the Skarsnik stats stated on the U.S. GW web-site...  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:10 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/orcs/gaming/special_characters/skarsnik.htm

If this link works, it gives the Skarsnik stats stated on the U.S. GW web-site...
Thanks I have it bookmarked for future refrance...  

Lozt_1

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:07 pm
finally got my orcs... Took the post long enough... Then the package was opened... anywho here is my list without any magicks...

30 orcs with one choppa, musician, standard, boss orc. I prefer the stronger first attack then multiple attacks later. It is more Orcy IMO...

20 Big 'Uns with two weapons. Since they are a bit meaner then the standard orc the two weapons do better here IMO...

I only have 14 night Gobbos but my mate dont mind. They have bows, musician and standard...

19 Arrers. They are a big enough squad to hold there own in combat if nessecary but they also can shoot a lot...

2 chariots still scratchbuildinganother then I will need more orcs to fill it...

2 war bosses on foot. I will use one as a black orc boss to quell animosity but the other will only be standard so I am not that much unorcy they need to fight lest they get bored...

Also Skarsnik and Gobbla they are 205 points of the total possible 1165 points... let me know what is needed. I only want orcs though not many black orcs but maybe lots and lots of savages and regulars so they can absorb lots of fire and still hit Really hard and orcy like... maybe 200 total more orcs...  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:45 pm
greqrg
i stopped reading your list at "grimgor ironhide" because i dont like using special characters in games (unless its a tournament with a wargear restriction).
How can you hate charecters!! eek there the best. espeshaly the lizardmen ones.  

KroqGar

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:03 pm
KroqGar
greqrg
i stopped reading your list at "grimgor ironhide" because i dont like using special characters in games (unless its a tournament with a wargear restriction).
How can you hate charecters!! eek there the best. espeshaly the lizardmen ones.

Yeah, but those characters ARE a bit cheap... I only use Borgut Facebeater in my current army, and he is well worth it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:26 pm
animosity is awesome especiallly when fighting orks it can save you  

Mrkatov

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:41 pm
Mrkatov
I like it so far. The fluff behind it rocks...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:50 pm
Lozt_1
Mrkatov

It actually caused me(The Orc) to win once. Lets see, I would have passed, and thus moved ahead. HOWEVER, since I failed, and squabbled, I stood where I was. Big deal you say. Well, Borgut was in the Unit. Well, after all my other units were decimated by a 17 man Knights of White Wolf Inner Circle Knight Unit with a Grand Master, I thought I was screwed. HOWEVER, due to him over-running off the board, I was able to charge a flank with the Orcs. I beat his Knights, Overran into normal calvary, and killed that with borgut. All due to that one failed animosity test...  

Drachyench

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:18 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Mrkatov

It actually caused me(The Orc) to win once. Lets see, I would have passed, and thus moved ahead. HOWEVER, since I failed, and squabbled, I stood where I was. Big deal you say. Well, Borgut was in the Unit. Well, after all my other units were decimated by a 17 man Knights of White Wolf Inner Circle Knight Unit with a Grand Master, I thought I was screwed. HOWEVER, due to him over-running off the board, I was able to charge a flank with the Orcs. I beat his Knights, Overran into normal calvary, and killed that with borgut. All due to that one failed animosity test...
Cool... I had all my orcs run away last week. the biguns lost half there unit to shooting and then failed the test and ran which caused my normal orcs to run which left me with arrers and night gobbz... It was not bad but i will do better next time...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:30 am
Yo, is anyone here playing in the Warhamer campaign over the summer? Do you know if the 'Ardboy list from Storm of Chaos is still usable? And, any tips you can give a new O&G player? Thanks.  

Angelic_Executioner

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:44 am
Something_Fierce
Yo, is anyone here playing in the Warhamer campaign over the summer? Do you know if the 'Ardboy list from Storm of Chaos is still usable? And, any tips you can give a new O&G player? Thanks.

First two questions, yes. Final question, I might be able to help you. What troops do you currently have/plan to use?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:05 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce

First two questions, yes. Final question, I might be able to help you. What troops do you currently have/plan to use?

Right now I'm shopping around to make my first buy, I have the army book, but no models yet. Since I can use the 'ardboyz list I want to make an all black orc army, but that seems a little too unbalanced. And the character is probably going to be a Black Orc Big Boss.  

Angelic_Executioner

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:13 pm
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce

Right now I'm shopping around to make my first buy, I have the army book, but no models yet. Since I can use the 'ardboyz list I want to make an all black orc army, but that seems a little too unbalanced. And the character is probably going to be a Black Orc Big Boss.

Well, an All Black orc army would be a little on the Small Size(Bad), Suffer more from Lustrian rules(worse), though be stronger. May I suggest an Effigy of Gork, Big 'Uns, and fill in all the gaps with black orcs. Black orcs are powerful, though they get shredded from terrain and heavy shooting.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff