Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
The Monarchy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:22 am
smoking_hippy
God save the Queen!

[music][/music]

Joins smoking_hippy in singing God Save The Queen! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:30 am
I'd much sooner have a senile on the Throne run the Country than Tony Blair or any other Politician for that matter.

We need someone with the Interests of Britain at heart, not the Phucking EU.  

Pepe`

smoking_hippy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:47 am
(Damn VB and HTML codes)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:49 am
My dad is anti the monarchy and thinks they should bugger off as soon as possiable and my mum just doesn't want them having all that money while so many are starving...

I, on the other hand, find myself slightly drawn to them. I might seem selfish for me to say. I feel they are a major what seperates us from becoming America away from America.
I feel having a Queen helps maintain a certain inderpendence.... Plus, the media frenzy about this crazy Royals is certainly amusing  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:51 am
PsyComa
I'd much sooner have a senile on the Throne run the Country than Tony Blair or any other Politician for that matter.

I think the Queen and Tony Blair meet up once a day or, perhaps, it's once a week. In theory, Tony can do nothing without her signiture. In reality, her real opinion doesn't count for much.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:43 pm
PsyComa

"blue blooded"

Ameyami
I don't think much of Tony Blair, but I'd rather have him as King than our current Queen or any of the princes. At least he works for it.

Damn, I hit that thread pretty hard.  

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:41 pm
Invictus_88

Damn, I hit that thread pretty hard.

Bloody hell, you did....And you completely shattered the futile resistance to your logic. Go Invi! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:35 pm
They also have little idea about what they are on about. XD  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:40 pm
As each day passes I become more convinced of the need to mount a revolution to restore to monarchy to power.

Bloody politicians.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:09 pm
redface eh heh. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the British Monarchy. I've grown up in this horrid America run by the Stupid President Bush. ( I dislike him) The only thing I know is that apparently Prince William is rather "hot" because my friend continues to tell me so... sad  

Arivel

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:35 am
Arivel
redface eh heh. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the British Monarchy. I've grown up in this horrid America run by the Stupid President Bush. ( I dislike him) The only thing I know is that apparently Prince William is rather "hot" because my friend continues to tell me so... sad

Well, I did always say I prefer the Queen to a President of Bush's or Chirac's ilk.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:03 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6602143&start=0

I just unleashed my Royalist hell upon another thread in ED.

My assault begins on page six.

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:10 am
Invictus_88
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6602143&start=0

I just unleashed my Royalist hell upon another thread in ED.

My assault begins on page six.

If I tell you how much I adore you, I am sure you can take it in the spirit it was meant....? Heheh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:13 am
Invictus_88
As each day passes I become more convinced of the need to mount a revolution to restore to monarchy to power.

Bloody politicians.

Steady on now.
Democracy might not work too well, but a royalist government certainly wouldn't work any better.
To be quite honest, they're inbred and not too bright. Few people can argue with that. This doesn't really count against them as figureheads, and theyu have qualities which make them exceptionally good figureheads. But I'm not sure I'd like to see them in power...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:31 am
whapcapn
Invictus_88

Bloody politicians.

Steady on now.
Democracy might not work too well, but a royalist government certainly wouldn't work any better.
To be quite honest, they're inbred and not too bright. Few people can argue with that. This doesn't really count against them as figureheads, and theyu have qualities which make them exceptionally good figureheads. But I'm not sure I'd like to see them in power...

They have more sense than to stay in power though, they'd just conjure a new democracy from the ashes of the New Labour horridness.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games