Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Customers from hell? How about them Cashiers? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 pm
Death Pop
Eudaemon

lol, that happens a lot at Subway.

I've informed everyone there that I will vomit and most likely pass out if I come even near feces, so I never have to worry about it. (lol, if I pass out, they are screwed because they need me!) The two boys that work there like to describe the messes to me, but hearing about it doesn't make me vomit. Just....seeing it.

I have no idea why feces make me vomit or pass out. Even animal waste makes me feel queasy. I can deal with cat litter boxes though.

I can usually stomach dog or cat poop...especially if it's my pet. And I can handle poop if it's my own...like you know flushing the toilet won't make me queasy or anything.

BUT....OTHER PEOPLE'S waste? Hell to the NO. That is another man's waste. That's gross.

lemme tell you about my work this week then CRIES i had to clean up diarrhea that was basically liquid and smelled like hell and then the day after i had to clean another bathroom that one guy got diarrhea in, it basically looked like a horror movie scene except instead of red....another color.

i had a shitty week. literally sob.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:37 pm
Dickie Twinkles
I hate Asda (Walmart) so much.

One time I bought three Xmas doggy stockings that were on offer. After I paid for them I realised they had charged regular price. Cue waiting at customer service for half an hour only to be told the refund wold be credited to my card "within 28 days" oh FFS, YOU screwed up, gimme my money back NAO!

That actually has to do with the card and not walmart. :x  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 pm
bedsick

i had a shitty week. literally sob.

*Hugs* There, there! You'll pull through this. Just....don't look at anything brown for a day or two.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:18 pm
Oh man. The poo/pee/vomit stories I have from working at toys r us. Ummm... this post isn't for those that can't handle the icky.

I legit don't even get sick anymore from seeing any of it.

There were several times where kids have peed on the carpet too. XP omg I hated cleaning that ******** carpet. I once told my supervisor that the carpet has so many stains on it anyways that there wasn't a need to clean it up. lmao

While straightening up one of the isles, I hear a kid begging his father to take him to the bathroom and the father is all "no, I'm looking at something" or w/e his excuse was. He then ignored his kid. After awhile, the kid stopped asking and like a minute later I hear it.

He pissing on the tile. e.e

The father didn't even apologize. :/

Vomit story
So the retail places I tend to work at are also where a lot of restaurants are. With that, you get a lot of people that over eat and then go shopping. Vomiting would happen all the time during the busy shopping seasons.

This christmas was no different. While running the front end, HR calls me over to legos and before I even get there, I can smell it. I was like "OMG REALLY?" Sure enough there is orange chunky stuff every where. Like, this kid puked more than once and it covered a great deal of the floor going to the bathroom. The parents did apologize and we set up cones and I had to stand in one area next to it because we ran out of cones.

This one group of people come in soon after it had happened and go on and on about how they've been there for five minutes and nothing was being done about it. After some arguing, they just left the store. I think they said they were going to call corp but eh. Those of us working on the problem didn't give a ******** while I'm trying to deal with that group, a kid is in the lego area and walks around the cone to look at a display and right into the vomit. I was "you might want to get out of that" and that is when the kid noticed. Like, really? You can't smell that rancid puke smell?

Another time someone made it to the bathroom but missed the toilet and sprayed the wall and such with vomit. From what we can tell, that person had olive garden. It didn't even look like this person had chewed their food. You could see the lettuce pretty clearly.

Poo
Where to start with this one...

Lets go with my first christmas season. :D I hated it so much. lmao

Anyways, at this point I'm only on the stocking team. I show up around 10pm and work until 6am or so. So most of us had shown up and notice that there is a bad poo smell around the thomas the train area. Its close to the bathroom though. We just assumed the smell came from there.

We unload/sort and are now working on the actual stocking part. That's when I here the "OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Of course, being the curious person I was, I went over to that area to see what was up.

Someone had taken a giant s**t in the middle of the thomas the train area and then put one of the train tables on top of it. And as they removed the box, the smell just got worse. omg That train table is about $200 btw. We had to damage it out. I think the manager put it in a couple of trash bags and threw it into the dumpster outside.

The manager sucked at cleaning up that mess. In fact, I think after getting up the chunks, he put a rug over that area. To this day (three years later) you can still see the stain it left. And its right where kids play with the trains on the display table.

Of course, nothing says fml better than having dirty diapers that have been festering in the 90f degree store for a couple of days explode on you when you're compacting the trash. I've only seen it happen to a supervisor. After that day, I always closed the door before hitting the button.. just in case.

There was one night during the summer that one cashier bought me a drink (and I got to pick the location too) to get me to clean up another poo mess. What had happened is that some a*****e had smeared s**t all over one of the toilets. They did a pretty good job of getting an even shade. That one was actually pretty easy to clean up.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Denham

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 pm
        It's not terribly bad but my mom always told me that as a customer I shouldn't let myself be taken advantage of by the service industry. There was a huge party with snotty rich kids at this sushi restaurant we went to and they took up the entire restaurant. We ordered ours to go and after not getting food for an hour or so I asked to see the manager. The lady said she wouldn't let me but I saw him go into the kitchen and followed him inside and around the bar. He said our food was ready but I demanded the food to be partially comped. He tried to give me coupons but I was visiting friends so I wouldn't even be able to visit the restaurant so we went on for twenty minutes until he comped my entire order and knocked half off my friends'.

That situation probably went from cashier/service from hell to customer from hell but I was damn pleased.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:37 pm
I really only remember like this one time and it's really not that bad
I just don't have many stories because I don't get out a lot to

We got McDonald's breakfast which I never get because I wake up too late
when they got the food back we realized they'd given us the wrong sandwich
so we drove back and asked if we could get a new one which they refused to
even though it was only like 3 minutes past 10 and they were still making breakfast for old people

They gave me a voucher for a free sandwich but hell what's the use
I never wake up at that time anyway and it's for a McDonald's I don't live near
That was like 4 years ago though, we never did get that free sandwich

Pengaana

Slumbering Tengu

Tidus Guado

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 pm
If anyone here goes to Anime Central in Chicago, i would advise you to stay the ******** away from the Crown Plaza.

The food was decent, but the staff there were horrible. They might have thought that a bunch of 20 somethings wearing costumes wouldn't want their food or drink in a timely manner, we waited an hour and a half to get our food and drinks, and then have the balls to ask for an 18% gratuity for being a group of 10.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:20 pm
Lots of Mc Donalds stories, I think I'll add another.

There is this McD's a mile away from my house, so when I was learning to drive my parents had me go through the drive-thru a lot and order snacky things or dinner for my siblings. I went there at least once a week, and usually my dad ordered a chocolate ice cream cone for himself.
This time I'm with my mom, and she's driving because we had to go somewhere involving the freeway. She goes through the drive thru to order a chocolate cone for my little brother.
The cashier said, "We don't have chocolate."
"Are you sure? Is the machine broken or something?"
"We've never had chocolate ice cream."
"I just ordered some last week."
"You must be mistaken, Mc Donalds has never had chocolate."
At this point my mom is so pissed at being blatantly lied to she doesn't even speak for a bit.
"Would you like vanilla instead?"
"No, I don't want anything." And my mom drove away. It was a bizarre time.

And the same store last year started trying to fix their wait times for the drive thru... by immediately telling everyone whose order isn't ready yet to park our front. I get why this would be useful for long lines, but the day I went I was literally the only person in line and nobody pulled up the entire time. I get to the food window and the guy tells me to park out front. I ask why, he says my order isn't ready yet. I tell him I can wait at the window, he keeps telling me I have to park out front, and even once told me that he couldn't hand me the food unless I did, which is BS. Finally fed up I park out front, and proceed to wait like 5 more minutes for some crappy spicy chickens and fries. I'm convinced they did something to the food, but I didn't eat any of it anyway, I was picking it up for my siblings.

So I don't go to Mc Ds anymore, mostly because I can't stand the food, but this damn store can't keep it's s**t together.
I have a lot of stories on the other end, from working at Papa John's for a year. Customer's are awful sometimes, so I try to be a good customer and I always appreciate when other's are good customers. One time an elderly lady I had helped over the phone called my manager to tell him what a good job I was doing. That was a good day. ^^  

chai fae

Magical Kitten

chai fae

Magical Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:30 pm
Oh I have another story. We were at Jack in the Box once and my mom ordered a burger with cheese. Even though the cashier couldn't speak English very well, she got the cheese part right. We get our food, and my mom's doesn't have the cheese she asked for. She told the lady, but because she didn't speak English she immediately got the manager. My mom showed him the sandwich, saying she asked for it with cheese, and there was no cheese, could I please get some cheese? She showed him the receipt which clearly has the extra charge for the cheese. Despite all this, the manager goes on a tirade yelling about how my mom didn't read the menu right and that sandwich doesn't normally come with cheese. My mom very calmly points out on the menu the option to add cheese. Manager starts yelling again about how, no, the menu is wrong and this sandwich doesn't come with cheese ever. Mom asked for the 79 or whatever cents back and mentions that they should fix their menu. Oh my gosh this flips the manager into crazy mode and he is practically screaming in my mom's face about how the customer is not always right and some other stuff that sounded crazy.
Jeeze, she just wanted a slice of cheese. Later the cashier apologized to my mom in very broken English, and gave us some coupons or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm
I work at a store where the customers are usually pretty decent (Menards if anyone knows what that is XD).

Sure, I've had a few difficult customers, but most of the time they just expect us cashiers to know everything and ask us everything about how to build houses just because we're pretty easily accessible and standing in the front. Looking at the stories everyone else has, i have really no license to complain about anything XD  

Equinoxious

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:21 pm
Meromictic
Dickie Twinkles
I hate Asda (Walmart) so much.

One time I bought three Xmas doggy stockings that were on offer. After I paid for them I realised they had charged regular price. Cue waiting at customer service for half an hour only to be told the refund wold be credited to my card "within 28 days" oh FFS, YOU screwed up, gimme my money back NAO!

That actually has to do with the card and not walmart. :x

Yeah but it's their fault they screwed up the promotion in the first place.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:00 am
Mine story is divine.
I bought a tub of frozen yogurt, one of those 1 lt take home tubs. This yogurt ice cream manager, filled it around half. I had already paid, and I saw it, I told her bluntly to fill it properly.
She legitly said :"This is already full!"
I wanted to sock her in the face but I ended up going home to write an exceedingly aggressive and threatening letter to the management. They offered me a free tub, but I don't really want to go back.  

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 am
Tidus Guado
If anyone here goes to Anime Central in Chicago, i would advise you to stay the ******** away from the Crown Plaza.

The food was decent, but the staff there were horrible. They might have thought that a bunch of 20 somethings wearing costumes wouldn't want their food or drink in a timely manner, we waited an hour and a half to get our food and drinks, and then have the balls to ask for an 18% gratuity for being a group of 10.
are you ******** kidding me

you went to a restaurant during an anime convention dude. im guessing you're blatantly leaving out the fact that the place was obviously packed?? because usually when i go to a convention of any kind, and i want to go to a food place during said convention, 9 times out of 10 the place is going to be packed and the wait staff has to accommodate for that.

also after a party reaches a certain number gratuity is factored into the actual price. you had a party of 10 what the ******** did you expect dude, way to be entitled!!

edit: OH AND ALSO YOU WERE IN CHICAGO DUDE THAT'S A PRETTY BIG CITY FOR YOU TO BE ACTING SURPRISED THAT THIS HAPPENED.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm
gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star
The other week I was at a petrol station getting a cornetto, and the dude was all patronising the whole time (like 'Take your time darling' and 'Having a good night sweetie?') I was in the store, which then was made worse when he kept staring at my chest when I went to pay.
Fortunately, there was nothing on display.

orsumo

Tipsy Nerd

10,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rya Dracosin

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:51 pm
Here's one I heard from a co-worker about another ex-co-worker.

There was an autistic boy that was with his mother, came through the checkout. The kid had an issue with drooling and staring, and the cashier, instead of doing the proper thing and just checking them out, bluntly told the kid to stop drooling and staring, then before the customers left, whispered to another worker loudly that it's not hygenic to bring in your autistic son if he's gonna drool on everything. -- I was floored by this comment...

As a cashier, I do my best to acommodate even the most rude of people. I've been yelled at, and I still smile. I've been chewed out, and I still smile. I'll live past people reporting me for doing my job. I made employee of the month last year, and I only started in September, and I'm proud of that feat. So in no way will I ever be a horrible cashier, and If I am, I hope someone tells me, so I can correct myself.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff