Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Sisters of Battle... because I've been brainwashed x.x;; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 pm
Okay, its been about a year since I've posted in this thread, and I officially have more than 1000 points worth of models, and about 700 points painted and based. This (newly) updated Painting log will take us through the St. Celestine, a Rhino, an Immolator, and through a full set of conversions for a Repentia squad. biggrin I hope you like.

As for the rest, I am posting pictures of two full squads with their superiors, a full command squad consisting of three Celestians, a Hospitaller, a Dialagous, and a Canoness, a Penitent Engine, and a Serephim Demi-squad.

Let me know what you guys think.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:08 am
Immolator number 1 is finished. I've got a cupola set up for a rhino, as well as turret for an Immolator.

I have to find another canopy, but I think I may have a way to do it.

I separated the Weapons, because I intend to magnetize them to the immolator turret for easy swapping.

User Image

This is the Rhino look, with the Cupola and the dome/canopy flush with the Rhino chassi

User Image

And this is the Immolator smile
User Image

And for my own reference, a tutorial on casting with resin. Thanks Winnie!

Simple_Two-Piece_Mold_for_Casting_with_Resin  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:33 am
Go you!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:43 pm
Update on the Immolator/Rhino.

I got the majority of the turret finished. I need to drill out the smoke launchers and finish magnetizing the turret for the weapons, and base coat the weapons. For those who have seen the in progress pictures, I have the windows and highlighting left to do. I've painted the canopy black, mostly... and i'm going to use that as my finished look for the vehicle contest entry, but i'm going to be using aftermarket domes, granted that they get here any time soon.

All in all, a job well done, and still in progress.

I hate tanks.  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm
User Image

Immolator Complete! I finished it this morning and put it in the contest almost immediately before I lost my nerve. Now to concentrate on recovering my brain from losing smart cells after inhaling all of that spraypaint ninja

Nah, mostly just kidding. I stripped down DE's old rhino and replaced the doors, and the hatch with FW conversion doors. I'll take a picture of the old rhino soon, i'm sure, before it has any paint on it.

It needs alot of TLC though. It's been through alot.

Edit: I went ahead and took a picture of the pseudo converted yet stripped Rhino. After maybe a week or so, I'll pull out the immolator sprue and get to work on converting this thing to a proper Sisters Rhino.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 pm
Now that the Immolator is officially finished, I figured I'd post the photos Ive taken of it to show the progress I was making throughout.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 am
I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the frosted dome for the Immolator, but I'm slowly getting used to it, and I do like the window pattern provided on it. I still think the highlighting looks awesome. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 am
DarkElf27
I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the frosted dome for the Immolator, but I'm slowly getting used to it, and I do like the window pattern provided on it. I still think the highlighting looks awesome. whee

Yeah, The frosted domes are a little off-putting, i do agree, but I like the contrast, as well as the patterning you mentioned.

Immolator update: The heavy bolters and flamers still need to be worked on, and the magnet issues we were facing with the flamers are now complicated again because i might have glued the magnets to the weapons upside down.

Oh well.  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 am
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27

Yeah, The frosted domes are a little off-putting, i do agree, but I like the contrast, as well as the patterning you mentioned.

Immolator update: The heavy bolters and flamers still need to be worked on, and the magnet issues we were facing with the flamers are now complicated again because i might have glued the magnets to the weapons upside down.

Oh well.
*wags finger at* Tsk tsk.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:50 am
DarkElf27
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27

Oh well.

ninja I'm not the one whose going to get them out! 4laugh  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:51 am
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27

Oh well.

Who's*. And that's what -you- think. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 am
DarkElf27
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27

Oh well.

Who's*. And that's what -you- think. ^^

I know better.... ^^  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 pm
Are you gonna post an update with your magnetized weapons? Hmmmmm?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 pm
DarkElf27
Are you gonna post an update with your magnetized weapons? Hmmmmm?

Stinkyface. Yes, I'll be posting step by step photo references of how to magnetize the second turret. Granted that it doesn't go as badly as the first  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:44 am
You know nobody around where I live actually plays the Sisters, I kind of wish someone would do it, I thought about it but since GW hasn't made anything solid on them after the first try...And I don't know how well everyone would do with custom rules.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff