Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
steven harper likes to piss on hopes and dreams Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 pm
The Undead Suitor
Slick Southpaw
As a queer Catholic, I'm compelled to post this to cheer people up.

rofl rofl rofl

I forgot robin williams was funny
wink Likewise. Someone posted in ED-P chat and I've loved it ever since. I used it when doing my presentation on homosexuality and religion for GSA, haha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 pm
Slick Southpaw

emotion_donotwant Jeeze, I did a big a** research paper on why it's so difficult for gay couples to get adopted in 'merica. Didn't think Canada was still drinkin from the same kool-aid

We aren't.
3nodding  

Sabin le Rose

Shameless Enabler

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 pm
Sabin le Rose
Slick Southpaw

emotion_donotwant Jeeze, I did a big a** research paper on why it's so difficult for gay couples to get adopted in 'merica. Didn't think Canada was still drinkin from the same kool-aid

We aren't.
3nodding
emotion_bigheart good to know

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 pm
trufax i secretly like kim kardashian  

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 am
Slick Southpaw

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:20 am
bedsick
emotion_8c
qyp can you please stop this thread was about modern day lgbt issues not...this

Me sorry! I do go a little overboard with that kind of stuff! XD  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 am
Also, touching on the LGBTQ issues, I've always found image to be a difficult thing to maintain. Especially in Gay Pride.
Because of course people are gonna focus on the dudes in chaps walking down with the floats with their hairy asses hanging out instead of the parade of partners that have been together for 20+ years or the adorable families that are growing with gay parents.
emotion_donotwant
I totally agree with this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:09 am
Slick Southpaw
Also, touching on the LGBTQ issues, I've always found image to be a difficult thing to maintain. Especially in Gay Pride.
Because of course people are gonna focus on the dudes in chaps walking down with the floats with their hairy asses hanging out instead of the parade of partners that have been together for 20+ years or the adorable families that are growing with gay parents.
emotion_donotwant

People are dumb.

especially those who use it it court to claim your a bad father.  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

Phoenix Goliathane

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 am
Uncle Haijin
Wait, I found an article that says the marriages are not in danger, so that's good. Still, this sort of thing has already happened in the States. Would be kind of nice to have my future not used as a bargaining chip in politics for once. Between the ******** that is trans laws and the ******** that is gay marriage laws, I feel like I have a good chance of getting screwed over no matter who I marry.

Well, you are an abomination before Jeebus (who was also a corporatist raider who wholeheartedly recommended stiffing the government from helping the less fortunate)!

...God, I feel repulsive for even typing that in sarcasm, because there are people that actually believe that garbage.

Anyway, I forgot about 2's rant from back in the day. I agreed with it more when I was younger and more closeted, but seriously if you're that insecure about your sexuality, then ******** that s**t. Yeah, it's gross when two straight people make out, but at least it wasn't illegal in most jurisdictions until around the time I was born.

If one weekend of debauchery is going to undo 365 days of being a normal person - then seriously, we have way bigger problems than some bear in assless chaps sashaying down Christopher Street.

(Not that bears in assless chaps are ever a problem. For me at least. emotion_dowant )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 am
Jayce Reinhardt
Slick Southpaw
emotion_donotwant

People are dumb.

especially those who use it it court to claim your a bad father.
emotion_donotwant DAMN STRAIGHT. I hate that kind of insinuation from others.
Also, having to be PR officer to GSA drove me nuts trying to keep people from publicly acting like idiots during club events and on the official club page. stressed

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Hey, think of it this way... One down, three to go... Seriously, the HoC will have a vote of no confidence (since the NDP always hated Harper, and rightfully so, and now the BQ has turned on him as well). I'm just hoping, when all is said and fixed, the NDP, with or without the BQ, is able to form the next Gov't; Just too bad that Jack Layton won't be PM, because he would have been an awesome PM... cat_emo

...BTW, when I said "One down, three to go"... I'm referring to Harper, Sarko, Cameron, and Merkel; Each and everyone of them need to go (at least, in a legal, impeached-preferred, but losing election manner)... I mean, Harper just committed political suicide, Sarko isn't going to win the next election (so, maybe its two down, two to go...) and I can only hope Merkel is in the same boat (and, just maybe, Cameron will pull a Harper and that will be the end of his loosely held together gov't)...

Still, it is rather sad that a bunch of Israeli couples, married in Canada, will lose their marriage benefits now (because Israel doesn't perform, but recognizes foreign marriages, Gay or straight)... And, actually, this is the case with a lot of countries too, in that they don't have the guts like Canada to perform Gay marriages, but they've at least got the decency to respect Canada's actions/decisions/marriages... cat_emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:04 pm
Slick Southpaw

Tummy Swords XD  

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 pm
Dickie Twinkles
Slick Southpaw

Tummy Swords XD
wink The best kind of swords  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:38 pm
meep12345

Hey, think of it this way... One down, three to go... Seriously, the HoC will have a vote of no confidence (since the NDP always hated Harper, and rightfully so, and now the BQ has turned on him as well). I'm just hoping, when all is said and fixed, the NDP, with or without the BQ, is able to form the next Gov't; Just too bad that Jack Layton won't be PM, because he would have been an awesome PM... cat_emo

...BTW, when I said "One down, three to go"... I'm referring to Harper, Sarko, Cameron, and Merkel; Each and everyone of them need to go (at least, in a legal, impeached-preferred, but losing election manner)... I mean, Harper just committed political suicide, Sarko isn't going to win the next election (so, maybe its two down, two to go...) and I can only hope Merkel is in the same boat (and, just maybe, Cameron will pull a Harper and that will be the end of his loosely held together gov't)...

Still, it is rather sad that a bunch of Israeli couples, married in Canada, will lose their marriage benefits now (because Israel doesn't perform, but recognizes foreign marriages, Gay or straight)... And, actually, this is the case with a lot of countries too, in that they don't have the guts like Canada to perform Gay marriages, but they've at least got the decency to respect Canada's actions/decisions/marriages... cat_emo

Okay, but there's just one problem, I think.

(Disclaimer: I'm less familiar with Westminster as a system of government than as a place to drink tea. I also can't imagine why the liberal party is red and the conservative party is blue. That is to say, I'm a stupid American and a lot of this might be wrong.)

In Canada's case (Canucks can correct me if I'm wrong), a vote of no confidence means elections are called again. This would probably result in Steven Harper being re-instated as PM again, as I believe the Conservatives have plurality support (~40%); the Liberals, NDP, and BQ are around 20% each, right? (BQ is a regional party, though.) I think - THINK - that the party with the largest electoral support gets the chance to form a government first, and neither the Liberals nor NDP have enough support to form a coalition government.

As someone from under the hat, I can attest - IMPEACHMENT IS STUPID UNLESS THE OFFICIAL FLAGRANTLY COMMITS AN OFFENSE THAT DIRECTLY IMPERILS HIS JOB. I say this because - although I'm not familiar with French or German law - Merkel's problem is that she's waffling (although, to be honest, my partial understanding of the European ******** is that Germany is drinking massive amounts of tea and she's trying to be the adult in the room and failing), and Sarkozy's problem is that - at least on the foreign stage - he's tickling Angela Merkel's taint.

Cameron can arguably be tossed out of office. This is a direct effect of Rupert Murdoch, who - from the sound of it - owned a large portion of Parliament (which makes me feel marginally better about the situation in the US - at least over here, it was only the Republicans tickling the taint of Fox News, instead of seemingly both parties going down on the Murdick). On the other hand, I think that the Tories enjoy significantly more support than Labour does, and given that a lot of parliamentary politics is more party-driven than personal-driven (this is a distinction from the US congressional system where it's supposedly more individual)...

I also made the distinction about the offense imperiling the job because even if you do something minor, but it's a trumped-up offense (say...oh...you lie on the stand about receiving oral sex from an intern, and Congress decides to attempt to remove you from office), that will likely not end well for your impeachers when their constituents realize that they're trying to remove you over a ******** beej.

Yes, I know, the gasbag who orchestrated that was - for a hot minute - a serious contender for president of the United States. Let us not forget that other major contenders included a man who had four sexual harassment allegations against him and a 13-year affair with another woman (and basically attempted character assassination when those allegations came to light), a woman who thinks Gardasil causes mental retardation, and a man who's an extremely highly elected state official who can't even remember the departments he'd like to eliminate if he became President.

Also, yes, I like explaining politics in terms of fellatio.  

Phoenix Goliathane

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm
Phoenix Goliathane
meep12345
bedsick
-snip, snip, snip-
-snip, snip, snip-

Okay, but there's just one problem, I think.

Phoenix Goliathane
(Disclaimer: I'm less familiar with Westminster as a system of government than as a place to drink tea. I also can't imagine why the liberal party is red and the conservative party is blue. That is to say, I'm a stupid American and a lot of this might be wrong.)

Okay...? cat_stare

Phoenix Goliathane
In Canada's case (Canucks can correct me if I'm wrong), a vote of no confidence means elections are called again. This would probably result in Steven Harper being re-instated as PM again, as I believe the Conservatives have plurality support (~40%); the Liberals, NDP, and BQ are around 20% each, right? (BQ is a regional party, though.) I think - THINK - that the party with the largest electoral support gets the chance to form a government first, and neither the Liberals nor NDP have enough support to form a coalition government.

If the Tories retain their seats, that is... Also, BQ is Québec's party and is a federal party (despite its obvious, region-specific ties). As it stands in the HoC, Tories/Harper has 53~%, while the NDP is 32~%, Libs are 11~%, BQ at 1.3~%, and Greens in 0.3~%; Even combined, the Opposition, which is everyone but the Tories, wouldn't be enough, however, this is under the assumption that Tories will retain their seats... Which means under a vote of no-confidence, as long as the Tories don't win 154 ridings (and I'm pretty sure they won't), Harper will NOT remain the PM. You're also forgetting that votes of no confidence are not Whip guided, meaning that Tories who wish to retain their seats might simply support the vote of no confidence on the grounds of Harper's, albeit long-standing, unpopularity cat_wink

Phoenix Goliathane
As someone from under the hat, I can attest - IMPEACHMENT IS STUPID UNLESS THE OFFICIAL FLAGRANTLY COMMITS AN OFFENSE THAT DIRECTLY IMPERILS HIS JOB. I say this because - although I'm not familiar with French or German law - Merkel's problem is that she's waffling (although, to be honest, my partial understanding of the European ******** is that Germany is drinking massive amounts of tea and she's trying to be the adult in the room and failing), and Sarkozy's problem is that - at least on the foreign stage - he's tickling Angela Merkel's taint.

I have nothing to say on that, because I'm not sure a Die Grünen/Front de Gauche supporter, like myself, can really say much here that will, IMHO, make any sense without painting a very elaborate, post-stretching picture that I really don't have the time for... cat_stare

Phoenix Goliathane
Cameron can arguably be tossed out of office. This is a direct effect of Rupert Murdoch, who - from the sound of it - owned a large portion of Parliament (which makes me feel marginally better about the situation in the US - at least over here, it was only the Republicans tickling the taint of Fox News, instead of seemingly both parties going down on the Murdick). On the other hand, I think that the Tories enjoy significantly more support than Labour does, and given that a lot of parliamentary politics is more party-driven than personal-driven (this is a distinction from the US congressional system where it's supposedly more individual).

I agree with your Murdoch(/Murdick?) points, but I do not agree at all with your claim that Tories enjoy more support than Labour, its just that New Labour (the Dubya Bush borne/Tony Blair led kind of Labour) has led to an increase in Lib Dems; On principle, I think its an issue of honesty, because New Labour is, essentially, a closeted version of what Tories openly are (which I think explains why the Tories also had an overall increase in the number of seats they ended up with). And, honestly, I'd also argue that despite the party-driven aspect (which is just saying that, unlike US politicians, when you join a party, you agree to its base tenets), it is very personal-driven (meaning MPs actually believe what their party stands-for and take it quite seriously). Also, I don't agree at all that US politicians are more individual, unless "individual" means "I'll say this to get elected, but once I'm in offfice--Screw all of you!" (as, iirc, the European joke about American politics goes)... cat_rolleyes

Phoenix Goliathane
I also made the distinction about the offense imperiling the job because even if you do something minor, but it's a trumped-up offense (say...oh...you lie on the stand about receiving oral sex from an intern, and Congress decides to attempt to remove you from office), that will likely not end well for your impeachers when their constituents realize that they're trying to remove you over a ******** beej.

Yes, I know, the gasbag who orchestrated that was - for a hot minute - a serious contender for president of the United States. Let us not forget that other major contenders included a man who had four sexual harassment allegations against him and a 13-year affair with another woman (and basically attempted character assassination when those allegations came to light), a woman who thinks Gardasil causes mental retardation, and a man who's an extremely highly elected state official who can't even remember the departments he'd like to eliminate if he became President.

Also, yes, I like explaining politics in terms of fellatio.

I think Stephen Jay Gould sums up my response quite nicely when he said, "There are two things that European intellectuals don't understand about Americans, I find. One was Bill and Monica, or, our obsession with it. The second is how you can possibly have an anti-evolution movement in a modern scientific country" cat_3nodding  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff