Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
All I WANT IS MY FREEDOM! (an Axis Powers: Hetalia thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:46 pm
The Undead Suitor
dakki-dono
I don't much enjoy things that mock one of the biggest wars in known history.
Every time I've tried watching it, I imagine trying to explain the premise to my great grandfather who was a fighter pilot and my great grandmother who lived through bombings in England.

"So yeah, these little gay dudes ******** and argue over s**t because LOL WWII and look at how they all portray their respective negative stereotypes! So funny!"

So, call me a buzzkill, but I don't see the appeal.
I may or may not also have been completely sickened by fans, who insisted on shipping the ******** OLYMPICS over which flags touched when the wind blows.

WHAT.

WHAT THE ********.

WHAT.

but dakki

implied boy sex dakki

implied boy sex
It's okay, I ship tree species and never have a dry pair of underwear in the autumn.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:47 pm
Eudaemon
dakki-dono
Every time I've tried watching it, I imagine trying to explain the premise to my great grandfather who was a fighter pilot and my great grandmother who lived through bombings in England.

"So yeah, these little gay dudes ******** and argue over s**t because LOL WWII and look at how they all portray their respective negative stereotypes! So funny!"

I may or may not also have been completely sickened by fans, who insisted on shipping the ******** OLYMPICS over which flags touched when the wind blows.

WHAT.

WHAT THE ********.

WHAT.

Or the cosplayers Nazi saluting at a freaking Jewish memorial or that fancy synagogue? Yeah. That's what turned me away initially (damn you kids getting me to watch it. kind of like how I got tricked into watching MLP:FIM, but it's actually cute and not controversial).
Homestuck kids can go to restaurants and spit into buckets all they want, but it will never sicken me as much as the people who disrespected all of the Jewish men, women and children who died because of a psychotic man.

However, that is only a tiny fraction of the fandom. In the far, far corners of the internet, there are rumored to be history buff fans who aren't in it for TEH YAOI or TEH SHIPSSSSS. There's sane fans on Gaia (which are in this guild), so I have hope.

I think the sick ******** ruin it for everyone.  

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:48 pm
dakki-dono

I don't consider you a buzzkill. When the fans of anything like brainless weirdos, it's easy to be repulsed and sicked by whatever the fandom is. I'd lump that one in with the Twilight fan who thought that the Wolf Man ripped off Twilight or the Homestuck fans on Gaia that were having a pissfest over candy corns and the zodiac.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 pm
dakki-dono
The Undead Suitor
dakki-dono

WHAT.

WHAT THE ********.

WHAT.

but dakki

implied boy sex dakki

implied boy sex
It's okay, I ship tree species and never have a dry pair of underwear in the autumn.

I ship the pencils in my art bag

when I throw them in there I pretend the pencils that land on eachother are women scissoring. redface  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:11 pm
Sachie Whitby
dakki-dono

I don't consider you a buzzkill. When the fans of anything like brainless weirdos, it's easy to be repulsed and sicked by whatever the fandom is. I'd lump that one in with the Twilight fan who thought that the Wolf Man ripped off Twilight or the Homestuck fans on Gaia that were having a pissfest over candy corns and the zodiac.

I blame a person's upbringing and obsession regression levels.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:21 pm
Eudaemon

Or the cosplayers Nazi saluting at a freaking Jewish memorial or that fancy synagogue? Yeah. That's what turned me away initially (damn you kids getting me to watch it. kind of like how I got tricked into watching MLP:FIM, but it's actually cute and not controversial).
Homestuck kids can go to restaurants and spit into buckets all they want, but it will never sicken me as much as the people who disrespected all of the Jewish men, women and children who died because of a psychotic man.

However, that is only a tiny fraction of the fandom. In the far, far corners of the internet, there are rumored to be history buff fans who aren't in it for TEH YAOI or TEH SHIPSSSSS. There's sane fans on Gaia (which are in this guild), so I have hope.
User Image

Wait, what. People actually Nazi saluted at a memorial for the sake of cosplay? gonk Excuse me while I go add another reason to my list of 'why I'm ashamed to be a Hetalia fan'.
You, you just don't do that. My Great-Grandad had to flee his home country because he was Jewish. He had a wife and children there, but they were sent to a concentration camp and never came out alive. I hardly see that as hilarious, or something to be treated as if its nothing. The idea of someone supporting what happened just because of an anime has a human version of Germany makes me really upset.

User Image

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 am
I watched the first episode or two of Hetalia before and to be honest, I didn't really get it. sweatdrop I couldn't make any sense of it, and I also found it odd that each episode was only five minutes long.(At least, they were on the site I was watching it on.) Maybe I should give the series another chance, seeing as I've an interest in History~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:51 am
dakki-dono
The Undead Suitor
dakki-dono

WHAT.

WHAT THE ********.

WHAT.

but dakki

implied boy sex dakki

implied boy sex

I crack ship stars, constellations, in my mind  

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:45 am
I like Hetalia but I missed a lot. I want to see the movie though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:05 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
User Image

I know that well. I really want to buy the movie DVD so I can finally watch it, but I just can't justify £60 ($93) just for an imported DVD.

User Image

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm
Under The Darkness
MrsrachaelSnape
User Image

I know that well. I really want to buy the movie DVD so I can finally watch it, but I just can't justify £60 ($93) just for an imported DVD.

User Image

I'm just hoping they play on tv and not so late.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:17 pm
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image

That would be pretty awesome. Only problem for me would be that it will most likely be the dubbed version, and I prefer the subbed. (I don't mind dubs, don't get me wrong. But I'm odd in the sense I only either like the dubbed version or the subbed version, with no inbetween.)

User Image

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:19 pm
Under The Darkness
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image

That would be pretty awesome. Only problem for me would be that it will most likely be the dubbed version, and I prefer the subbed. (I don't mind dubs, don't get me wrong. But I'm odd in the sense I only either like the dubbed version or the subbed version, with no inbetween.)

User Image

I don't care much. But if it goes on TV it will take a while. Though Netflix gets some anime movies so I'm hoping maybe they will get it as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 pm
all this talk about TV. They won't show it on RCN.  

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:39 pm
Dexigone
all this talk about TV. They won't show it on RCN.

User Image
sweatdrop We don't have RCN where I live. The channel here has a really funky name and I don't know if its still even around anymore. But, yeah, I know its not very likely at all. But its an interesting 'what if'.

User Image

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces