Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Different Types of Vegetarianism! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soymilk_Gun

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:53 pm
[Le Waffle]
Proud Pescetarian....As long as the eggs aren't fertile and no animals (other than Salmon or tuna (the only types of fish I'll eat)) are harmed, I'm good ^^

But the tuna and the Salmon are harmed (along with alot of other marine life in the case of the tuna and dont even get me started on farmed salmon)....they suffer alot so you can have a tuna sandwich (or whatever). What makes them less important than any other animal? they have the same basic capacity for pain and suffering

i mean why care enough to stop eating meat but not tuna and salmon  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:55 pm
Caelestis28
no offence but to me...Semi-/Half-/Transitional/Social Vegetarians:
Eat meat, but try not to, or not so often.
Pollotarian:
Eat no meat or fish. They do consume poultry however (also eggs and milk).
Pescetarian:
Eat no meat or poultry. They do consume fish and other seafoods however (also eggs and milk).

are all meat eaters and in no way vegetarians

seems odd to include them in types of vegetarians

definitly not vegitarians
i even made up a little SAT anology for this
Pescetarian is to Vegitarian as Beegan is to Vegan  

Soymilk_Gun

Soymilk_Gun

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:58 pm
W!nd R!der
You know, I'm not really sure what kind of vegetarian I am. I eat no meat, with the exception of fish. But now that I've learned how to obtain proteins by means of non-meat products, I'm considering dropping fish. It's not very good anyway. The taste is good an' all, but...*shudder* Anywho, I only eat fish as meat, I do consume honey, though when I think about it, I haven't in quite a while. I eat the plants, and I'm not sure if it harms a pea, tomatoe, strawberrie, or blackberry plant to be picked off of. So in short, I really couldn't tell you what kind of Vegetarian I am!!!

sounds like ur a Pescetarian

vegitarians can still eat honey.....but whatever anyone tells you honey IS NOT VEGAN.....honey=animal product

dont worry plants dont have a biological capacity to feel pain (no central nervous system)...one evolutionary benifit of the ability to feel pain for animals is so they can avoid sources of harm but since plants cant walk they have no need to feel pain  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:43 pm
I'm a Pesceterian! I wanna be a Lacto-Ovo. I know a lot about the different types of vegetarians fyi. I'm doing a project on it!  

Paper Pandas

Lisanneliz

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:41 am
Yep, I'm a pescetarian too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:36 pm
I am utterly proud to say I am a full Vegan so far as I know. I say no to meat, fish, poultry, milk, eggs, and honey. (i'm sure there are others my brain is just omitting so I look stupider than I always do)
I don't understand people who don't eat meat but eat this and that. Unless you have money or availiability problems, why only do things half way? Just my opinion.  

vamp_gal_10_6

savetheearth4me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:48 pm
i am now a lacto ovo vegetarian. my parents forced me to eat meat for a year but then i refused all together surprised That made them a bit angry  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:53 pm
I don't count pescetarians and pollotarians as vegetarians.

They're still killing and eating dead animals.  

ffffff10

Kokoru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:32 pm
Botzira
I don't count pescetarians and pollotarians as vegetarians.

They're still killing and eating dead animals.

That's why they're called semi-vegetarians. They're not really vegetarians, but they're eating half as much meat..?

I guess you could say that--but really, what's the difference between a dead cow and a dead fish or chicken? It's all just as gross and generally unhealthy for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10 am
[Matsuko]
Somehow I had failed to mention that I'm a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian. I hate it when people say I'm eating baby chickens. They weren't fertalized!!!
I dont eat eggs but only because they remind me of an unborn chicken fetus. razz  

Lita2005

[Matsuko]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:51 pm
Regarding the pescetarian thing:

some people believe fish is not meat.

Theendkthxbai.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Yes I'm a Vegan and pround! I don't eat it, wear it or use products that contain animal by products. I live a total curelty free life style! I'm a tree huging animal lover!  

mimmcie

um...yea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 pm
I haven't read the rules, I'm too lazy to, and I don't feel like it right now, so sorry if I break any rules. Anyway...

WTF. All these semi-kinda-but-not-really "vegetarians" just erode at the label. To me this is bull. I'm not against lacto-ovos because they are vegetarian. But pesces, semi, flexi, freegans, any of those labels that allow you to categorize yourself/someone under a veg name, but really isn't one is pure poppycock! (trying not to curse... since i didn't read the rules). Just read soymilk_gun's post. Totally agree. If they eat meat, any kind any time (except in the past, and you know what I mean) then you are not vegetarian. All these stupid categories just allow ppl to live under the veg name and still be omnis. "semivegetarians" are just omnis that dont eat meat that often. does that make 'em vege's? no. They shouldn't have anything-veg title. that's why we got ppl thinking that true vegetarians can eat fish, chicken, or anything.

Well I'm going to retire now. You may yell at me now. You can argue with all your might against something you know to be true.

Yes, I'm opinionated. I'm vegan, btw. No, I'm not saying I'm better than you all. Think I'm going to veganfreaks now. It's a explicit humorous vegan podcast, btw. email me if you want the link or something or other.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:08 am
Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian, a presume.  

Indigo14

Winter Morning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:41 pm
I'm a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian =D
Awesome.

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash