10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:24 pm
Starzel
charlieslaysvampires
Hobbies?
I like a lot of outdoorsy things, as far as hobbies go - some of my favorite things (despite me not being able to do them due to the location that is the Midwest) are scuba diving and snorkeling. 3nodding I also really like camping, but that might come from being a part of a Scouting family. (If any of you all are interested we went to Florida Sea Base with a venturing crew recently - and lived on an island for a week. Intense!)

On normal hobbies though, I like baking deserts, watching movies, running and drawing/writing. I'm not terrific at any of them, but they're super fun and a delicious break from classes and whatnot. cx I also like being a part of theatre productions. The next show we're doing is a Steampunk rendition of Midsummer's Night Dream - I'm only on crew, but I think it'll turn out fantastic.

Starzel
I'm still in school so I do color guard and mock trial there. I play the violin, but I'm not any good. I used to do some ceramics, I made the cutest giraffe, but am too busy atm to do it. I'm going to try and do ballet if I can find any classes. I used to swim, but I've pretty much quit because I hated it, and I was embarrassingly awful.

You do colorguard? I did that in High School. Super fun!

It is! we have a small guard though, only 8 people. I was a letter/id/shield last season, but I hope to be a flag next season.

Oh I gotcha. Our guard was quite a bit bigger than that (which honestly wasn't that good of a deal, considering it was harder to get everyone to work together.)
My favorite part was the swing flags, they were tiny and so. much. fun!
Not a fan of the uniforms though, ours were kind've awful every year. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:31 pm
charlieslaysvampires
Starzel
charlieslaysvampires
Hobbies?
I like a lot of outdoorsy things, as far as hobbies go - some of my favorite things (despite me not being able to do them due to the location that is the Midwest) are scuba diving and snorkeling. 3nodding I also really like camping, but that might come from being a part of a Scouting family. (If any of you all are interested we went to Florida Sea Base with a venturing crew recently - and lived on an island for a week. Intense!)

On normal hobbies though, I like baking deserts, watching movies, running and drawing/writing. I'm not terrific at any of them, but they're super fun and a delicious break from classes and whatnot. cx I also like being a part of theatre productions. The next show we're doing is a Steampunk rendition of Midsummer's Night Dream - I'm only on crew, but I think it'll turn out fantastic.

Starzel
I'm still in school so I do color guard and mock trial there. I play the violin, but I'm not any good. I used to do some ceramics, I made the cutest giraffe, but am too busy atm to do it. I'm going to try and do ballet if I can find any classes. I used to swim, but I've pretty much quit because I hated it, and I was embarrassingly awful.

It is! we have a small guard though, only 8 people. I was a letter/id/shield last season, but I hope to be a flag next season.

Oh I gotcha. Our guard was quite a bit bigger than that (which honestly wasn't that good of a deal, considering it was harder to get everyone to work together.)

We're recruiting so that our school actually knows what a color guard is.
I've never tried swing flags, I've heard they are really easy though.
Our uniforms are also awful. Luckily we don't have those ice-skater type dresses like most schools. We have a tunic and pants both of which are velour type material. The captain is devoted to getting new one though, I believe she has already secured us go-go boots.  

Starzel

Sparkling Supporter

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:34 pm
Starzel
charlieslaysvampires
Starzel
charlieslaysvampires
Hobbies?

Starzel

We're recruiting so that our school actually knows what a color guard is.
I've never tried swing flags, I've heard they are really easy though.
Our uniforms are also awful. Luckily we don't have those ice-skater type dresses like most schools. We have a tunic and pants both of which are velour type material. The captain is devoted to getting new one though, I believe she has already secured us go-go boots.

Recruiting definately helps. I think it's a huge reason why every year we got new people involved; especially since we always did shows at the middle school (or junior high) to the outgoing 8th (or 9th) graders. 3nodding They're easy and fun. I never did get to try rifles or sabres though, which is a bit of a disappointment. Snake flags though are terrible.

That doesn't sound too bad, but the gogo boots sound fun! The primary problem with our costumes is that our band director had a flair for themed costumes. One year our show was the beatles.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Looked substantially less flattering on us than one would've hoped. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:35 pm
I wish I had time for real hobbies, but I'm a college student now and barely have time for eating. I used to be in Venturing and did historical reenactments (French & Indian War) but stopped because I saw way too many old fat men's asses as they traipsed around in loincloths. Some things can never be unseen. Did some pirate festivals too, and was a wilderness first aid instructor for awhile. Nowadays, I make stuff for the Sims 3 (I don't have a site yet, but the name I go by in the Sims community is Anansi. I plan on making a ton of posters and wall art.), hang out in the Thor and Harry Potter fandoms, and collect Catholic paper artwork (which I guess is weird because I'm both agnostic and don't even have a Christian background), old photos, and postcards from the early 1900s. Unfortunately, my favorite local antique store closed recently, so the postcard collecting has been a lot tougher. The only other antique stores in town don't carry paper goods. :<  

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

WinterBear

Winter Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 pm
Hobbies? Oh, yeah. For that free-time thing I get every once in a while.

Eh, I quilt, take scads of pictures, am learning leatherwork, paint gourds, and am up to my eyeballs in assisting with or working with Scouting (Scouts, OA, Woodbadge, and Venturing).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm
Nisailei
The Dark Illuminati
[[

Once things calm down i'm thinking of taking a ceramics or pottery class at ACC(Austin Community College). I always loved working with clay and making sculptures. Considered welding, but i think they have an age limit that i'm two years away from.

Some day i will have the time to ask my mom to teach me how to sow, that way i can make my own damn clothes and not have to b***h whenever my mom brings in atrocious crap from the thrift store. I made a top hat a while ago from felt, but i used superglue, which i doubt will work with clothes.
Crafts are always fun.
]]

I've been wanting to take a pottery class! The local one is like 100 bucks though surprised
Hey sewing isn't hard! I taught myself recently how to use a sewing machine with no manual! I've been trying out hand stitching too. Like sewing button holes.
[[My high school pays for all my college classes, so i'm trying to take advantage of the free-ness before i have to actually go and pay. emotion_awesome
I was in a previous class where they taught me how to use it, but i forgot now. .___.' It seems so confusing when i go stare at the one my mom has. The only thing i could probably make is a tote bag, but i want to get into making clothes with pockets, zippers, and a bunch of other lovely decorations.
]]

Vyudali

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 am
Lets see, horse-riding. Although, that may be considered a lifestyle.

And then there is rotaract, running and....and oh lords, I'm ashamed of this one. Zumba.

And wow, there are some interesting hobbies in this guild <333. We're a nice unique bunch.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 am
acoustic guitar OP? do tell emotion_dowant

I play an obnoxiously long list of instruments. Mostly of the guitar variety (acoustic, electric, bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo). My band recently broke up... damn lead singers always being so dramatic.

I love to paint, too. If it weren't so expensive that would probably be a bigger part of my free time

I was a choir nerd throughout almost my entire education, so that plays through most of my hobbies... if you can call music theory a hobby xD

and if I'm not doing that or poking around on Gaia, baking is fun. Especially during the Christmas season  

loups-garoux

Wily Werewolf

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 am
I enjoy cooking various different kinds of things.
For the most part, I can read how to cook something in a book and make it pretty damned perfect.
Baked goods are something i love to make but I do not anymore as I only eat them and get fatter.

I take a lot of photos, of everything. I love it. When my health was better I would go hiking with my camera and take pictures of all sorts of beautiful things.

Showing Dahlias professionally has been a hobby of mine since I joined my parents doing it as a young child. But it has made me a dahlia snob. Normal garden variaties just look ******** terrible to me. Once you've gone show quality, you cant go back.

Pokemanz. Such a hobby, almost an obsession. i play daily. How long I play a day varies on my mood or on Gaia.

again, when I had my health, fostering orphan kittens was a hobby. ******** I love them. They were my lil babies and I raised them to be affectionate, good, healthy, playful little darlings.

Neopets is a sort of hobby, I guess. i go there daily to play a few games. Just so i can earn NP then gamble it away blaugh

Painting and drawing is fun too.. but I freeze up whn people try to get me to sell it or enter it in the art trail. nobody but me is allowed to see

That's about it. i'm not the most intersting lady on the planet  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 am
My main hobby is my ukelele.
I'm also a freelance artist, so I do a whole plethora of stuff pertaining to that in my free time.
I heart sci-fi (as previously mentioned elsewhere).
I cosplay.
I lolita. <3

For the more 'normal' hobbies, I also enjoy reading and music. By music I mean alt- and post-rock, some indie, folk, classical (mostly Bach) and techno... depends on my mood.

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:40 am
Reading (and I'm usually always reading something. Generally I can get through a book a day, rarely does it take 2 days. Just depends on the books length, the print size, and the kids' behavior), I RP on a couple of different boards (not on gaia), and I play games on our Wii, or on my comp (generally PoTC Online, though I have several other games on my comp.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 am
Voievoda

And then there is rotaract, running and....and oh lords, I'm ashamed of this one. Zumba.

And wow, there are some interesting hobbies in this guild <333. We're a nice unique bunch.

Why are you embarrassed?
Zumba is crazy fun. eek (Even though it reminds me what a terrible dancer I am each time I attempt it.)  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Pengaana

Slumbering Tengu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:18 pm
Sometime last year I got into papercrafting which I found super fun
Haven't done too much of it recently
Last thing I did was a Monoko papercraft
who I drew up myself

I wanted to do a bunch more Yume Nikki ones but eh I'm so lazy
Thinking of making a Kaibutsu recolor of the Monoko base though

and one of these days I'll get to working on this Shaymin papercraft
If I could do Guchuko I can do a Shaymin

I also have a few Black Butler papercrafts that I want to do
and I finally got my hands on a Potemayo papercraft to go along with my Guchuko

I kinda stink at the harder papercrafts but it's pretty fun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 pm
charlieslaysvampires
Voievoda

Why are you embarrassed?
Zumba is crazy fun. eek (Even though it reminds me what a terrible dancer I am each time I attempt it.)

It's fun whilst you're doing it, that's for sure xD. Lol! I bet you're quite good at it.
I'm pretty bad at it as well. Reminds me why I quit ballet. But the embrassing part is the middle-aged to grandma aged dancers (aka majority of the class.....being a gazillion times better at it then me.  

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

loups-garoux

Wily Werewolf

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 pm
Genea
My main hobby is my ukelele.

orly? do tell emotion_dowant

Konan Tatsuhiko

I LOVE papercraft. Though I'm still pretty 2-dimensional with it... It's so fun though x3  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff