Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
COMIC BOOOOOOKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!11!!!1!!!1! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obsequious Minion

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:09 pm
I never really read Western comics. The only ones that come to mind are "Miss Don't Touch Me" and "Bone"... and I barely remember a thing about the latter.

But I read so much Manga that it's not even funny. gonk Hino Horror is my absolute favorite, but I also love Reiko The Zombie Shop, Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Mantis Woman, anything by Kanako Inuki or Junji Ito... mostly the really campy horror manga. emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:56 pm
Yeata Zi
Read All Over
I always call them graphic novels (instead of manga when that's the subject) cuz I hate getting corrected by the super nerds - "It's not MAINga, it's MAAAAAHNga." fool I'm talking American here emotion_donotwant

I've never been into American comics as much because I have this obsessive need to start at the beginning, and for obvious reasons I can't just walk into a comic store and say "I'll take Spiderman number one, please." They will shoot me in the kneecaps and leave me to die on the streetside.

I really like to read synopses of American style stuff though, like older X-men and Spiderman. It makes me sound like a super trivia nerd though, especially when I watch the movies. I feel the need to tell everyone around me that it was actually like this and that, and that dude was never really like that.

I've taken a s**t ton of Japanese in school--and I still butcher the word manga. I swear to god. When people correct me, I'm always like, "Look, d**k. I've taken three years worth of Japanese. That's six semesters. Please stfu. talk2hand "

When I moved into my Fiance's house, I brought all my manga and have pretty much set it up in just one gigantic book shelf. I have so much. I was mildly embarrassed about it. But back where I grew up, you couldn't get American comic books at the book store, really. So I bought a bunch of manga.

So what's your favorite Manga series? I like hellsing.

I took some Japanese... though I didn't really learn anything, mostly me and my buddies made up dirty stories about hiragana to help us remember them, like the character for "no," heh rofl when people get over sensitive about pronunciation for a language they don't speak (but wish they did) I just say calm yo tits.

though I do get absurdly upset when movies mix up their eastern genres. like putting ninja in a chinese movie, or shaolin monks in a japanese movie. stressed

I don't buy so many anymore, once I discovered mangareader.net and other such lovelies <3 plus, the books are released so damn slowly gonk when I was following Fruits Basket, they released maybe 2 a year. that's a long time for 23 volumes.

I don't read a lot of action ones, mostly because I can't follow the action. I need something really obvious, like the bad guy with a discernible fist in his face and the word "YOW!" over his head to be able to tell who is winning and who is losing. I think my recent favorites are Skip Beat and Yankee-kun and Megane-chan, because they make me laugh out loud so much <3  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

n o i r i s t

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:58 pm
I heart Fables!

If you get the chance, try to find a copy of Goodbye Chunky Rice by Craig Thompson. Really nice style and touching story about letting go. It's out of print here in UK though. crying

I also really enjoy Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma, the same creator of Azumanga Daioh. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 pm
It's all about Batman emotion_donotwant

I've only ever Read Batman Comics since he is my one true Favorite Super Hero although i've been so addicted to the " WARRIORS: JAILBREAK " comic

I mostly do read Manga for the most part. I couldn't name you my favorites since i have a ton and i've read so many. Currently waiting for Kuroshitsuji to update loving the arc it's on now.  

I Poetic Justice I

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:26 pm
-breaks the 4th wall between threads!-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:52 pm

I have a bunch of Futurama comics and a couple of... SPONGEBOB COMICS. Oh yeah.
And I'm getting me some Angel graphic novels for Christmas. I already have the second one but I can't read it because I don't have the first one. Fail. But it was like 9 dollars and they're usually like 30, so win.

Elynai

Dangerous Knight

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:14 pm
Obsequious Minion

But I read so much Manga that it's not even funny. gonk Hino Horror is my absolute favorite, but I also love Reiko The Zombie Shop, Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Mantis Woman, anything by Kanako Inuki or Junji Ito... mostly the really campy horror manga. emotion_kirakira

*writes down names* I love horror manga but I have a hard time findin' good ones....
Have you heard of Warau Kyuuketsuki (Laughing Vampire). I found scanlations of it somewhat recently. The story is pretty twisted but the artwork is fantastic. emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:27 pm
Nikunya
Obsequious Minion

*writes down names* I love horror manga but I have a hard time findin' good ones....
Have you heard of Warau Kyuuketsuki (Laughing Vampire). I found scanlations of it somewhat recently. The story is pretty twisted but the artwork is fantastic. emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

I've never heard of that one before! The art looks somewhat familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll have to give it a go! The art style is Gorgeous. @_@

Obsequious Minion

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:35 pm
The Undead Suitor
Meushi
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor

thats what I do xD

Like i said, no physical copies.
amazooooon! Or really awesome friends.

Almost all of my graphic novels were gifts.

Also where the ******** do you live that you have no comic books easily accessible DD;

western north carolina

Rural western north carolina.

we dont have any nerd stores

save for like...gamestop in the mall

I live in the midwest, and the closest store for me was in the next city, half an hour drive away from me. I read comics ALL the time growing up. I live in a VERY small town where I was the weird kid cause I liked comics, was into Anime before anyone knew what the hell that even meant and the internet was just a starting thing when I was but a child, to which I didn't get it until late highschool.....I feel your pain....oh god I feel your pain!

wait, the NEXT CITY is 30 minutes away?

I have to drive 30 minutes to the god damn grocery store

20 minutes for me. And even that town didn't have much. Just, like, a pizzaria, a grocery store and a skating rink.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:36 pm
Ridley Starsmore
-breaks the 4th wall between threads!-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If you find a taskmaster pony, I will love you forever.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 pm
n o i r i s t
I heart Fables!

If you get the chance, try to find a copy of Goodbye Chunky Rice by Craig Thompson. Really nice style and touching story about letting go. It's out of print here in UK though. crying

I also really enjoy Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma, the same creator of Azumanga Daioh. smile

Have you ever heard of Blankets? I think it's by the same author--and it's just an amazing story.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:47 pm
User Image

sweatdrop I feel so boring. The only comics I really read are stuff like Asterisk and Obelisk and Garfield. You know, the real cartoon-y sort. I want to like other comics, ones that have heroes in them, but I just can't bring myself to. Though I kinda want to read Batman.
Though I like quite a few webcomics, to be honest. But I guess they don't really count...
As for manga... I really don't read that much anymore. Just Hetalia and Junjou Romantica. Though I don't read the main Romantica story, and just focus really on Egoist. sweatdrop

User Image

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 pm
Elynai

I have a bunch of Futurama comics and a couple of... SPONGEBOB COMICS. Oh yeah.
And I'm getting me some Angel graphic novels for Christmas. I already have the second one but I can't read it because I don't have the first one. Fail. But it was like 9 dollars and they're usually like 30, so win.

AH!

I love teh Futurama comics!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:08 pm
Under The Darkness

I didn't even read many of those...batman and x-men, my bucket list P:
I've only watched anime but...egoists were hiro and nowaki? sorry, it's been a long time D: I remember the main couple was alwas the last one I was waiting to see...

I see that Gaiman has already been mentioned...if you guys like zombies then my sister was kinda obsessed with this web comic - Dead winter I think.
I myself enjoyed Umbrella Academy (:  

netamii

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm a huge Gambit fan girl.
If he is in a comic I'm reading it!

Right now reading X-Men Legacy and X-23. In March my favorite writer will be doing Astonishing X-Men and Gambit will be one of its lead stars!.
Can't wait.

I have not read a Manga since I was in high school. sweatdrop  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas