Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 am
Vitalli
Read All Over
It's obscure, but my fave game ever is Illusion of Gaia. it seriously had the best midi music you ever heard in your life. Kinda weird gameplay, but I forgive it for that.

Also really loved FF III/VI for the huge cast of lovable characters heart

that my friend, is a damn good game. Only ever played it on an emulator.
But enjoyed every bit of it.

really??
I've only ever met one person who had actually played it!
I've been wanting to replay it for ages now, I keep hoping that they'll release it to the Wii downloadable stuff since it was a squaresoft game, but no luck so far :C  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:18 am
Read All Over
Vitalli
Read All Over
It's obscure, but my fave game ever is Illusion of Gaia. it seriously had the best midi music you ever heard in your life. Kinda weird gameplay, but I forgive it for that.

really??
I've been wanting to replay it for ages now, I keep hoping that they'll release it to the Wii downloadable stuff since it was a squaresoft game, but no luck so far :C
yep! you can always download an emulator for it and the rom, and play it that way
The gameplay was a bit different but I liked it,
If I remember correctly it was a lot like Secret of Mana. (which is also a really neat game)

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

Waking Buddha

8,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:25 am
Whats your favorite game series?
Dragon Quest, KH, Disgaea

What system(s) do you play?
PS2, PSP
Gameboy emulators

I don't play finish to many games but I really loved DQVIII  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 am
Vitalli
Read All Over
Vitalli
Read All Over

really??
yep! you can always download an emulator for it and the rom, and play it that way
The gameplay was a bit different but I liked it,
If I remember correctly it was a lot like Secret of Mana. (which is also a really neat game)

Yeah I have an emulator on my old PC, and one of those USB controllers to use with it, but for multiple reasons I like using an actual console XD is weird, I know. guess I'm old like that emotion_donotwant  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 am
Read All Over
nah not weird I totally understand.
I prefer actually having it, and being able to play the legit version.
much more nostalgic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:12 am
Vitalli
Read All Over
much more nostalgic

especially blowing in that ol' SNES cartridge, pretending it makes a difference rofl  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 am
Read All Over
Vitalli
Read All Over
much more nostalgic

especially blowing in that ol' SNES cartridge, pretending it makes a difference rofl
talk2hand it totally makes a difference.
same with the N64

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Ah, I gotcha. That's not so bad then. That form of blasphemy is...interesting. I guess in a way it's kinda like role reversal? You plays as demons and fight gods/heroes. ^^ And in the Persona games you summon gods/heroes to defeat shadows. Yeah, it kinda makes sense (though I'm sure the demons your party turns into look nothing like shadows).

Aw, online only? Guess that'll have to wait until later then. Definitely going to look into it though!

I asked for the original Persona game and Innocent Sin on the PSP for Christmas. smile I'm hopeful for Innocent Sin. I read a screenshot LP of Eternal Punishment and I've since wondered what the first half of the story was. Hopefully they'll remake Eternal Punishment sometime in 2012.

Innocent Sin never got released in the US the first time around because of Nazis. Hitler still appears in the PSP version of the game as the Fuhrer, Nazi soldiers are now called Imperial Soldiers and swastikas have been replaced with the iron cross.

Haha, I definitely remember hearing about Nazis and Hitler. Some people were complaining about the changes made to the game. Personally I'm okay with changes just so long as the gameplay is still fun. ^^ I even like some bad games simply because the battle systems aren't as terrible as the stories/characters are. xd

Oooh, Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 look interesting. On the DS too, which I already have. I'll have to be on the lookout for them. smile  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Obsequious Minion

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:41 pm
Silent Hill, Pokemon, Loco Roco. I can't decide. XD Though many of my favorite games aren't part of a series... My two favorite games of all time, Psychonauts and Deadly Premonition, aren't.

Wii (I play gamecube games with it, too), Xbox(360), Ps2, PsP, Nintendo DS.

Favorite game character overall?
York From Deadly Premonition.
Because, well, this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:43 pm
Obsequious Minion
Silent Hill, Pokemon, Loco Roco. I can't decide. XD Though many of my favorite games aren't part of a series... My two favorite games of all time, Psychonauts and Deadly Premonition, aren't.

Because, well, this.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Psychonauts!!! I loved that game and keep waiting for a squeal. Come on, the ending was just begging for another game to come out! One day it shall happen~. heart  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:43 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Ah, I gotcha. That's not so bad then. That form of blasphemy is...interesting. I guess in a way it's kinda like role reversal? You plays as demons and fight gods/heroes. ^^ And in the Persona games you summon gods/heroes to defeat shadows. Yeah, it kinda makes sense (though I'm sure the demons your party turns into look nothing like shadows).

Aw, online only? Guess that'll have to wait until later then. Definitely going to look into it though!

I asked for the original Persona game and Innocent Sin on the PSP for Christmas. smile I'm hopeful for Innocent Sin. I read a screenshot LP of Eternal Punishment and I've since wondered what the first half of the story was. Hopefully they'll remake Eternal Punishment sometime in 2012.

Innocent Sin never got released in the US the first time around because of Nazis. Hitler still appears in the PSP version of the game as the Fuhrer, Nazi soldiers are now called Imperial Soldiers and swastikas have been replaced with the iron cross.

Haha, I definitely remember hearing about Nazis and Hitler. Some people were complaining about the changes made to the game. Personally I'm okay with changes just so long as the gameplay is still fun. ^^ I even like some bad games simply because the battle systems aren't as terrible as the stories/characters are. xd

Oooh, Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 look interesting. On the DS too, which I already have. I'll have to be on the lookout for them. smile

I have no problem with the changes they made to the PSP version of Persona 2 Innocent Sin. It's not like they made these changes specifically for the US version only as they exist in the Japanese version as well. I've read that the game does have one optional romantic path that is homosexual, which I assume was left in as I read nothing either way about it.

Devil Survivor is a tactical grid-based RPG. I don't find it to be difficult considering that you are not forced to go from one story encounter to the next and can spend time doing optional encounters just to level up.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My good landscaping adds to the property value of the entire neighborhood.  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Obsequious Minion

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 pm
Shiver`
Obsequious Minion

Because, well, this.

Psychonauts!!! I loved that game and keep waiting for a squeal. Come on, the ending was just begging for another game to come out! One day it shall happen~. heart

I know, right! gonk I heard from somebody here on gaia that a sequel might be in the works, so... I don't know! I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it's not too far-fetched. I guess we'll see!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 pm
Obsequious Minion
Shiver`
Obsequious Minion

Because, well, this.

I know, right! gonk I heard from somebody here on gaia that a sequel might be in the works, so... I don't know! I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it's not too far-fetched. I guess we'll see!

http://kotaku.com/5688018/psychonauts-creator-is-totally-ready-for-a-sequel

of course that was also last year  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:59 pm
oh yeah i also really like minecraftminecrack