Saber Blysmey

Moonlight Pirate

24,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 pm
Harley91594

I know it's been like a month since you posted, but I want to ask: how old are you? I know doctors don't agree to remove a teenager's uterus. If you are a teen, how did you convince a doctor to remove it?
Sorry if I'm prying, you don't have to answer. I am just curious because I'm 17 and really want a hysterectomy. Most women in my family have had theirs removed because they suddenly enlarge and cause crazy bleeding that nearly killed them, and hysterectomies were the only life-saving option. Doctors are sure my uterus will be a traitor as well, so I'd rather get a hysterectomy sooner rather then later when I am lying around bleeding to death through my underwear.
Doctors always say "You're young, wait until you have kids"
I don't want kids, I have ******** up genes that contain too many diseases that I'd rather not pass on to others.

It sucks that doctors are like that. If you want it and you have your parent's permission I don't see how they can deny it. I had a hard time just getting one to tie my tubes and I was in my early 20's and already had two kids. They asked me to imagine how I'd feel if my kids were in a car accident and died. "Wouldn't I want more?" Jerks. >_>

To stay on topic somewhat, I also hate not being able to go swimming. Tampons never controlled the bleeding well enough for me to swim while I was on my period.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 pm
Saber Talawyrm
It sucks that doctors are like that. If you want it and you have your parent's permission I don't see how they can deny it. I had a hard time just getting one to tie my tubes and I was in my early 20's and already had two kids. They asked me to imagine how I'd feel if my kids were in a car accident and died. "Wouldn't I want more?" Jerks. >_>

To stay on topic somewhat, I also hate not being able to go swimming. Tampons never controlled the bleeding well enough for me to swim while I was on my period.

Doctors are ridiculous sometimes. One child can never replace another!
I strayed from the topic. I hate how my internal organs feel during the second day of my period. I don't get cramps, but I feel like they are all trying to crawl out of my body through my lady parts; I'm scared I'll stand up and suddenly my INtestines will become OUTtestines. Ugh. Medication doesn't help because it's not pain I feel, just odd discomfort.  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Saber Blysmey

Moonlight Pirate

24,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 pm
Harley91594

Doctors are ridiculous sometimes. One child can never replace another!
I strayed from the topic. I hate how my internal organs feel during the second day of my period. I don't get cramps, but I feel like they are all trying to crawl out of my body through my lady parts; I'm scared I'll stand up and suddenly my INtestines will become OUTtestines. Ugh. Medication doesn't help because it's not pain I feel, just odd discomfort.

Yeah they are. And no kidding! /:
Ugh, that would be irritating.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 am
Harley91594
oOVintage CupcakeOo

I don't get my period anymore (uterus was removed) but when I did get it I'd get these horrible cramps that would incapacitate me from even getting out of my bed and that felt like someone was twisting my insides. I'd curl up into a ball, had to use a heating pad all day, couldn't drink a single cold beverage nor get the slightest chilly breeze, I'd get nauseous and also get diarrhea, sometimes doing both at the same time. No painkiller helped, either.
So, yeah, I hated all of that and am quite grateful that I don't have to go through it anymore.

I know it's been like a month since you posted, but I want to ask: how old are you? I know doctors don't agree to remove a teenager's uterus. If you are a teen, how did you convince a doctor to remove it?
Sorry if I'm prying, you don't have to answer. I am just curious because I'm 17 and really want a hysterectomy. Most women in my family have had theirs removed because they suddenly enlarge and cause crazy bleeding that nearly killed them, and hysterectomies were the only life-saving option. Doctors are sure my uterus will be a traitor as well, so I'd rather get a hysterectomy sooner rather then later when I am lying around bleeding to death through my underwear.
Doctors always say "You're young, wait until you have kids"
I don't want kids, I have ******** up genes that contain too many diseases that I'd rather not pass on to others.

You're not prying, it's a valid question you are making.
yum_puddi

I am 33 years old and had to undergo a partial hysterectomy at the age of 26 due to life threatening hemorrhages caused by a large fibroid that had taken all of my uterus. D:

I am not sure if a partial hysterectomy is allowed on a young woman of 17, it all depends on the situation, but if I were you I'd consult my doctor about those concerns.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 pm
oOVintage CupcakeOo
You're not prying, it's a valid question you are making.
yum_puddi

I am 33 years old and had to undergo a partial hysterectomy at the age of 26 due to life threatening hemorrhages caused by a large fibroid that had taken all of my uterus. D:

I am not sure if a partial hysterectomy is allowed on a young woman of 17, it all depends on the situation, but if I were you I'd consult my doctor about those concerns.

Thanks so much for responding! My mom's enlarged uterus was caused by fibroids as well, which resulted in her hysterectomy. I definitely want to talk to my doctor again, and also speak to another doctor to get a second opinion. I do think I'll have to wait a while because of my age, but I can deal with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:33 am
I hate everything about it. But I haven't had it since about April 1 and I'm not pregnant so... I kinda start to miss it. emotion_sweatdrop My body's a mystery...  

mahou prince

Sweetheart

- Nanokax -

Desirable Genius

8,375 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • NPCon Attendee 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 pm
The flow. My first day it's like i'm on the last one, because it's almost nothing. But the 2nd and 3rd are like an waterfall!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 pm
Frezeal
The cramps, for sure. Luckily, I only have them on the first day but the pain is so terrible for me.

Another thing is pimples; so annoying.

OMG same with me! i hate the acne and midol is my savior for that one day  

_Chi_Chan_94_

Tipsy Millionaire

8,650 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200

Kitty-in-a-hole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:56 am
cramps and bloating emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:39 pm
The blood. I go into a panic frenzy when I see blood. Generally mine is really short, but even two or three days is enough to make me completely scared of everything...  

veils of silk and gold

Profitable Entrepreneur

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Alice WR Ashdown

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 am
The pain and the paranoia of bleeding through- definitely.

The pain oft gets so bad that I curl up, cry, and don't eat during the waves of cramps. However, I take a super-strength Motrin once the blood starts to flow, for preventive measures.

However, when the pain does hit, I found out that the best thing for me is to curl up in my bed, put in my earbuds, and press a hot water bottled wrapped in a towel against me. I find that trio relaxes me, which in turn helps the muscle tension- it also leaves me sleepy, so I occasionally sleep through dulled cramps. (I get my mum or sister to check on me and remove the bottle if need be so I don't roll over and pop it XD)  
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff