Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Auto-Bump [Edited 1st post] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm
chiisai-akanbo
*O* Thanks to all your replies I might quote later.

Quick question for everyone (Please quote me)

If I put two reply boxes (One leads to a reply box and one is an auto-bump)
would you like the reply box to be "EMPTY" or at least quoted with something in it?

Something in it : 1
Empty : 0

you could link to the auto bump without the &action_submit=true
so there would still be text and everyone could add their scores to that 3nodding

but also have both reply box -- and -- auto reply

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm
As a tank owner:
Just speaking for myself (of course) but for my tanks I'm just grateful for folks who bump my glow thread. I don't care if they advertise the guild the bumped from or just say "GLOW" (what I usually type) or anything else as long as it isn't trolling, hating stuff that would be against the TOS anyway.

As a bumper:
I like the speed of the auto-reply. I'm on dial up internet and it REALLY speeds up the bump reply. I don't know / don't care what the post I just quoted said. Usually, as soon as I see the 'Your post has been submitted" (or what ever it says) I x out of the tab to save time.  

David2074

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Humphreypoptart

Mega Sex Symbol

24,275 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:47 am
It doesn't matter to me. If you wish to advertise the guild, that is fine. I've seen the autobump, but haven't really looked into it much.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 am
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the auto bump...saves so much time smile  

blue magnolia

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:58 pm
LeafyNitemare
BrilliantBlueStar_0
chiisai-akanbo

LeafyNitemare
The "Against ToS?" question wasnt answered very clearly. Is it a ToS violation or not? Can you get in trouble for it, when can you get in trouble for it, etc. I'm still scared to use it.

Back in early Spring, a lady found out from a dev, that it was okay to use a bump stamp in a post as long as it was not an advertisement and didn't have a link to the guild or thread. However, you could put a linked banner in your signature as advertisement. Now, as for today, August 23, I have not read the ToS and Rules and Guidelines since then - so I'd have to re-read them myself. I'm just passing along what I knew back then in April.

I would like to ask a question to ponder though, if you are in a Guild or Thread that you have your tank links, and someone posts a stamp that says something like "Bumped from Sparkling Waters", you knowing your tank is there, would you be upset that another member bumped your glow thread from a place you are part of a team? It doesn't sound like advertisement to me - it sounds more like, "I'm letting you know where you were bumped from and where your tank has exposure". Just something to think about.

However, the link to the guild should NOT be in the post. That is a No-No.

Okay so you're saying it's legal as long as the auto-bump doesn't include an advertsement? So for example can I use it in my siggy to secretly get people to bump my quest thread?

Okay, so " I " don't get in trouble, and I did say someone else said that earlier, I am checking with someone who is checking it out for me at Gaia. When I get their info back, I will let you know what they say.

Thanks for your patience. They told me to wait.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:05 pm
Would like both boxes to include a response then I know where people are bumping me from~~ heart  

sachara

Sparkling Girl

LeafyNitemare

Swashbuckling Elder

17,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:31 pm
BrilliantBlueStar_0
LeafyNitemare
BrilliantBlueStar_0
chiisai-akanbo

LeafyNitemare
The "Against ToS?" question wasnt answered very clearly. Is it a ToS violation or not? Can you get in trouble for it, when can you get in trouble for it, etc. I'm still scared to use it.

Back in early Spring, a lady found out from a dev, that it was okay to use a bump stamp in a post as long as it was not an advertisement and didn't have a link to the guild or thread. However, you could put a linked banner in your signature as advertisement. Now, as for today, August 23, I have not read the ToS and Rules and Guidelines since then - so I'd have to re-read them myself. I'm just passing along what I knew back then in April.

I would like to ask a question to ponder though, if you are in a Guild or Thread that you have your tank links, and someone posts a stamp that says something like "Bumped from Sparkling Waters", you knowing your tank is there, would you be upset that another member bumped your glow thread from a place you are part of a team? It doesn't sound like advertisement to me - it sounds more like, "I'm letting you know where you were bumped from and where your tank has exposure". Just something to think about.

However, the link to the guild should NOT be in the post. That is a No-No.

Okay so you're saying it's legal as long as the auto-bump doesn't include an advertsement? So for example can I use it in my siggy to secretly get people to bump my quest thread?

Okay, so " I " don't get in trouble, and I did say someone else said that earlier, I am checking with someone who is checking it out for me at Gaia. When I get their info back, I will let you know what they say.

Thanks for your patience. They told me to wait.

Okay. I tried it out on one of my threads. Simply quoting myself saying bump. And it redirected to the reply box page...and if I clicked submit it submitted right away. Sorta like it froze me thinking I was a bot. DD; But I know that if they checked, they could see that I used that code at the end and that I wasn't proxying thru a bot. ^^  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff