Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
~Tossing the Old Pig Skin~ (Full/Starting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:27 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Talking to Willow gave Joe the will to make it through the day. He would pretend Jessie leaving the team didn't hurt him and be the Joe girls fell in love with. Joe left for the gym early, and took a seat beside the Coach. He would go and talk to Jess after the meeting.

Joe thought back to English, they were covering Edgar Allan Poe, Joe and Willow's favorite author. After the test on Edgar Allan Poe's troubled past, marrying his cousin and all, they were to read Annabell Lee, which was Joe's favorite poem of all time; he completely memorized it, another thing no one knew about him.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

When Jessie walked into the gym, Joe's eyes flew to her and all of his hate vanished into a selepchure by the sea, and Joe stopped himself. He forced his eyes away, down to his lap. He was growing attached and was already let down once by this girl he knew nothing about. He composed himself again, ever hardened, and looked up to the mass of football players. They seemed to part when she entered, treating her like a leper.

Joe's heart ached to go down and sit by Jessie, but Coach wanted Joe to stay by his side in the front as the Captain of the team. Joe locked eyes with Jessie and gave her an understanding smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 pm
Jessica Danielle Rochester

~Jessie~

User Image

The gym fell silent as I walked in. Even though it was just our…..the school’s football team, it still had an eerie feeling to it. All of their eyes were on me as they let the leper pass. I looked at Luke who gave me an encouraging nod. As if he thought everything was going to be alright. How did he know? He wasn’t the one walking down death row. I was branded just like the Scarlet Letter, forever to be known as something evil. I sat on a gym bleacher by myself. Coach hardly noticed I was being treated differently. I looked over at Joe who actually smiled at me. My stomach jumped but I just figured I was hungry. I barely ate my lunch. But I couldn’t help that his smile made me feel a little better. Coach stood up so he could address the team.

“You all played a good game last night. I’m proud of every one of you.” Coach looked to me and gave me a smile himself. “As many of you heard,” he looked at all the other players, “Rochester, will not be joining us for our next game if she chooses.” His statement caught me off guard but I said nothing. Clearly, he knew something I didn’t. Coach Davis held up the football from the previous game. “Game ball, goes to Rochester.” He tossed it to me and I stared down at the pigskin. I had never been given a game ball before. All the other coaches were afraid of how the team members would react. “For bringing some spirit back into this team.” Coach then went to talk about practice, new routines they would work on and even when the next game was and who with. It turned out it would be with the school’s rival. The Scorpions. It hurt to listen but I did anyway. When the meeting was over, Luke stopped me.

“Hey, listen. I know you’re not on the team but there’s a party tonight. At least, come to that.” I wasn’t sure if that was a good idea. I was the leper of the school. No one would talk to me. Hardly, anyone wanted to look at me but Luke seemed to be determined. “If you come, this thing will blow over. I promise.” He gave me a smile and walked off to his car. I started to walk outside myself but I didn’t want to go home. My father would be there and I didn’t want to face him. Not after he forced me to quit something I didn’t want to. Travis still insisted I talk with him but would he listen? I was his only daughter. My father barely listened to his sons let alone his youngest and only daughter.

As I went to grab my keys, I stared down at the jersey in my bag. Its vibrate crimson colors had haunted me all day. The number 27 still printed on the back along with my name. I thought of the number and its importance to my family. My parents were married on the 27th. My father was always promoted on the 27th. It was the day I was born as well as when my mother died. It was our lucky number, oddly enough. Now, I wouldn’t be able to wear it to any game. When I played football before, it was always with Travis. He would have the number 27 and I would have just a random number. It was finally my turn and it was taken away from me.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:02 am
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

After the meeting, Luke brushed past Joe towards Jess, and invited her to the big party tonight. Joe smiled to himself and gave Luke an approving nod. Joe saw Jessie reach for her keys and stare at her jersey in her bag. That made him think. He knew she had requested a special number. Just as Joe had requested 15, the number of his favorite quarter back, in whose large footsteps he would be following, Tim Tebow.

Joe approached Jessie, and lightly touched her shoulder. "Hey." Joe cleared his throat a bit, and softened his voice, "Do you need a ride to the party tonight? I know where it is. You can give me your address, and we could, uh, talk about you tutoring me on the way. What do you say?" Joe whispered the part about her tutoring him, he didn't want anyone else to know he was close to being banned from playing. It was embarrassing.

Several of the players were staring at Joe being nice to Jessie, and cocked their heads or pursed their lips. Joe swore his team thrived on drama like teenage girls. Some of the players who had shown Jessie mercy recently, smiled at Joe talking to her, but Joe knew Jessie was trying to sort his actions out, but hey, Joe liked being that guy whose next move you couldn't guess.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:21 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

I closed my bag out of frustration. This was dumb. I had to let it go. At least, until I could go home and talk to my father. I was about to head to my car when I felt a soft hand touch my shoulder. Joe’s touch was made me feel the same way it had every time since I had arrived at the school. The way he talked about the party made me feel better. It made me think he didn’t hate me as much anymore. That was good. When he offered to give me a ride, I almost said no. I didn’t even know if my father would allow me to attend a high school party. In his mind, it would be filled with drugs, alcohol and everything else forbidden of teenagers by parents. And he would probably be right. Then again, I had never been to a party. My brothers had been to enough parties for me that my father didn’t want any of us to go to one ever again.

I brought myself out of my thoughts. I still hadn’t answered his question. “Yeah, sure.” I rummaged around my bag, pushing my jersey aside, and took out a paper and pen before scribbling on it. “Here’s my address and phone number in case you get lost. Though, it shouldn’t be hard to spot. Our house is the only one on the street with an American flag and pole next to the driveway.” My father had to make call after call just to get approval to have the pole in our yard. It took him almost an entire day. He wasn’t too happy about that. I checked my watch for the time. Dad would be home and wondering where I was. Technically, I was late by, at least, half an hour already. “I got to go but I’ll see you tonight. Text me and let me know what time you’re coming.” I quickly trotted to my car and headed home. This wasn’t going to look well once I actually got there.

When I parked in the driveway, I noticed Travis’ car in there as well. He drove a 1970 Black Mustang. It was his pride and joy. It looked like a wreck when he started engineering school and looked brand new by the time he graduated. He promised for my high school graduation, he would fix up a car for me. I have yet to see it. But I was glad to see that car of his. It meant he was home and would be there as my back-up. I walked in the door to find Travis, my father and Stephanie all sitting in the living room. This didn’t seem good. Then again, I could use Stephanie as leverage. Dad hated yelling in front of guests. I pulled the jersey out of my bag and tossed it to my father. “Coach Davis gave this to me in case I ‘changed’ my mind.” I let this sink in before continuing. “What’s going on here?” I asked.

“Stephanie wants to take you shopping.” Travis said nonchalantly as he sipped his ice tea. I nearly fell on the floor. I didn’t go shopping. It wasn’t my thing. My thing was football, cuts, bruises and old cars. Not shopping. Both my father and I seemed to ignore Travis for a moment.

“I had a very interesting conversation with your coach. And then another one with Stephanie.” My father started and then tossed me back my jersey. I expected him to tell me to throw it away or put it on our wall of shame. At least, if we had one. “You’ll need it for your next game.” Then my father smiled. I couldn’t feel my legs. He was actually going to let me play? I looked to Travis who was smiling as well. This wasn’t a joke. My father was actually going to let me play. This was why Coach Davis was so eager to give me my jersey. I knew he was hiding something.

“There’s one more thing.” I stated and bit my lip. My father could see right through me because his smile suddenly went away. “There’s a party tonight. My new friends are going to be there and I have a ride.” I didn’t dare mention the fact that it was with a boy let alone with the captain of the football team. I was in deep enough waters as is.

“All the more reason for me to take you shopping. I wanted to have some girl time together.” Stephanie smiled. Girl-time? I had never had girl-time before. I wasn’t even sure if I would like it. Then she turned to my father. “If it will make you feel better, Mr. Rochester, Travis and I will gladly follow them to the party.” My father took this into consideration and, oddly enough, agreed. What had Stephanie done? She had helped convince my father to allow me to play football and then she helped persuade him to allow me to attend a high school party. She had my family wrapped around her little finger. I wasn’t going to be fooled. I could see behind her little bag of tricks. But I wasn’t going to say anything about either one of these topics. For now, this would do. Going shopping, however, now that was going to be interesting.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe was half shocked Jessie had agreed, and half elated. Joe pocketed the slip of paper, he would enter the number in his phone the second he got in his Jeep. Joe watched her walk away with a smirk on his face. With a sigh, Joe walked towards his Jeep, pumping his fist at his side.

Driving towards the hospital, Joe hit up the Taco Bell, and got a few soft tacos for Willow, a crunchwrap supreme for himself, and nachos bell grande for his mom. Knowing his father, he would be at work, leaving his mother to watch Willow. Joe's mom ran a bakery business from home, and during her stints in the hospital, there were enough small chains around the state to pick up her slack. Joe's mom used to be a world class baker, but when she got pregnant with Willow, she quit the bakery, wrote a cook book, and then was sponsored by a local millionaire to make and sell her goods across the country.

His father on the other hand was a fireman. Not too many off days available there, so he worked across the clock. He was allowed to be late to see Willow before work if it wasn't an emergency and if she was in the hospital. Everyone they knew was always sympathetic and understanding to Willow's condition and the extra care she needed.

Joe drove to the hospital, a path he could go with his eyes closed, and parked in his usual spot by his mother's car. He walked to the room and held up the bag of smelly Mexican food. Cheers erupted throughout the room from his mother and crippled sister. "I get out tomorrow, after they put my hard cast on!"

"That's great, Wills." Joe sounded with enthusiasm, handing the girl her two tacos. She unwrapped them with a haste not unlike a starving child in Africa. "What, do they not feed you around here?" Joe offered a smile to her before handing his mother her nachos. She gave a tired smile and a sigh.

"There's a party tonight." Joe told the room. There was no need for permission anymore, they had a 'as long as no one gets pregnant, and no one dies' policy with Joe's social life. There was no point in trying to keep Joe on a short leash when Willow needed a constant handler. His mother gave a tired nod, and Joe sat by Willow and told her the events of the day while adding Jessie's number and address into his phone. He found that butterflies were starting to spawn in his stomach.

"Well Squirt, I gotta get home and get sexy. Later." Joe laughed at his own joke and as gently as a whisper, kissed Willow on the top of the head.

"Don't break anything!" Willow winked at her big brother and chomped into her second taco. Joe smiled, kissed his mother on the cheek, and left for home.

Joe showered, combed his hair, and stared into his closet. He chose dark skinny jeans, a dark blue V-Neck, dark blue Toms, and his black leather jacket. after dabbing on his Polo cologne, he brushed his teeth, fixed his hair again, and decided he was decent enough to leave. By now it was 8:30, and the party was starting at 9:00. Joe took his phone out and texted Jessie.

It's Joe. Be at your house in 10.

Joe powered up his GPS, climbed in his Jeep and soared down the road, and turned as his phone told him to, and pulled up to the only house on the final road with the American flag.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 am

~Jessie~

User Image

Shopping with Stephanie wasn’t as bad as I thought. The first outfit she had me try on was horrendous in my eyes. It was girly, pink and had flowers on it. One outfit was all it took for her to actually dig deeper and try harder in learning the kinds of things I was into. Our conversations were actually decent. I never had the feeling that she actually was using me, though I still stayed on alert, and I felt like she really wanted to know about me. None of my brother’s girlfriends ever wanted to really know about me. They just wanted to get on my good side so I could get my brother the thumbs up. What they didn’t see once they left the house was an entirely different story.

I don’t know what possessed me but as we were walking around Marshalls I felt like I needed to ask. “Steph,” We had been shopping together for, what seemed like, so long, I felt that calling her ‘Steph’ seemed appropriate, “do you love my brother?” I figured she would have answered right away as if by habit but she didn’t. Instead, she stopped looking at shirts, bit her lip and smiled.

“Yeah, I do.” It seemed sincere enough. Again, something uncommon amongst Travis’ old girlfriends. But I seemed to believe her. No matter how many times I tried to find something out of place, I couldn’t find anything wrong with her. No tricks. It was just her. Just a girl in love with my brother. Weird.

The rest of the trip wasn’t so bad. I tried on things I liked but Stephanie didn’t feel it suited me for a party. So we kept looking. Finally, we settled on a nice white shirt, skinny jeans, a blue and black striped zip up hoody, and black high tops. I had to admit, for someone to actually convince me to not only buy but actually wear skinny jeans, Stephanie was good. Several times she reminded me how good my bottom looked in the jeans. It was weird having someone tell me that.

After shopping we headed home and I got ready. I couldn’t understand why, but Stephanie did my hair while my brother watched over my father down in the living room. She put some kind of product in my hair to, Stephanie informed me, add volume and straightened it with a little curl.

Just as I was finishing up, I got a text from Joe. He would be at my house in ten minutes. All of a sudden, I was getting butterflies in my stomach. “Nervous?” Stephanie asked as she was still working on my hair. I didn’t answer. “You really like this guy, huh?”

“What?! I do not! He's just the captain of the football team! That's it.” My answer was a little high pitched which seemed wrong. My voice had never gone high pitched before. Stephanie could see right through me.

“Sweetie, I’ve grown up with an older brother and four sisters. I’ve seen both sides.” I was trapped like a rat. “It’s ok to like a boy. It’s normal for everyone.” Stephanie looked at me through the mirror. “And I do mean everyone.” I didn't know what to think about that. I never had a crush on a boy. Well, I did in elementary school and my brothers told me to punch him to show my affection so I did. The boy never spoke to me again and I never had a crush since. I still wasn't even sure if this was a crush at all. I was way out of my element.

After applying a little bit of make-up, I was finished. I couldn’t believe it. The make-up was barely visible but I realized something right of the back. I looked like my mom. I only remembered bits and pieces of my mother but, from all the pictures I had seen of her, I was almost spitting image; not including the fact that I was wearing skinny jeans, a hoody and high-tops.

The door bell rang and I could hear my brother inviting Joe in. I wanted to throw up. Joe was in my house and in front of my father. My legs couldn’t move. It wasn’t until Stephanie touched my shoulder did I actually find the motivation to do so. I kept expecting all of this to be a dream or even a nightmare but, as I walked down the stairs, I was truly convinced it wasn’t.

My father stood at the end of the stairs, arms folded and just watching Joe like a hawk about to hunt for its prey. I had to act fast. Quickly, I ran down the steps, grabbed Joe’s arm and whisked him out of the front door as I yelled goodbye to my father. Travis and Stephanie were right behind us. My heart was pounding faster in my chest. As we stopped at his car, I turned to him. “Whatever my brother and/or father said you, I am truly sorry.” It was all I could say from killing myself from the embarrassment I had to endure. It was bad enough Joe came to my house. It was worse that my father tried to stare him down until dead.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:50 am
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe thought it would be polite to go to the door and wait for Jessie there, so he did. Upon being welcomed into the house by what looked like Jessie's brother, Joe smiled, shook his hand, and introduced himself. Their house was neat, but welcoming. Whilst examining the house, Joe saw Jessie's father staring him down. Joe gave a polite smile before matching his gaze, showing him that Joe wasn't a coward. As soon as the staring war began, Jessie ran down the stairs, grabbed him, and whisked him out the door. "Nice to meet you, sir!" Joe yelled out behind him to her father.

At his Jeep, Joe chuckled and smiled gently at Jessie. "You look nice." He opened her door, then walked to his side and got in, starting his car. By the looks of it, Jessie's brother and some girl would be following them. Figures.

Joe turned the music down a bit, and Joe drove in silence, casting sideways glances at Jessie. Her hair looked great straight, and he had to admit, she cleaned up well. Joe thought about how his one healthy sister always wore ten pounds of make-up, and spent three hours getting ready just to go to school. Joe never thought that look was attractive. But how Jessie was dressed, was beautiful to him. Just enough make-up to accentuate what was naturally gorgeous- and he had to stop.

Joe sighed, grinding his teeth. He knew nothing about this girl, nothing at all. She could be a serial killer for all he knew. "So, you mentioned tutoring me earlier?" Was the only thing Joe was capable of saying, with his head full of her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

Somehow I felt at ease with just one statement. For a brief moment, I forgot that we were still at my house. I forgot the fact that my brother was on babysitting patrol with his girlfriend. It was just him and me. “Thanks,” I told him. “You don’t look too bad yourself.” I got in the car when he opened the door for me. Only my brothers did that for their girlfriends. As their sister, they just figured I could get it myself. To them, I was just one of the boys. That was it and I was fine with that.

Joe, on the other hand, seemed to actually treat me as a girl. For once in my life, I was glad I actually put on a bra. I never had to think about that until now. It seemed Joe was making me think and feel things I wasn’t used to. Stephanie and I would have to have a girl talk later. I could feel my father watching us from the window. This seemed more humiliating than I thought. I looked toward the window and gave my father a wave. He just smiled and walked away from the window as Joe drove off. I stared at the front of the car, watching the road. What was I to say? Normally, I was perfectly fine talking with guys but now I was drawing a complete blank. Finally, Joe broke the ice.

“Oh right.” I nodded. “Yeah, you said you can’t understand Algebra. I happened to be pretty good at it.” I shrugged. “Since we’re on the same team our schedules should be similar.” My own statement brought me back to what had happened when I got home. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot. So Coach Davis and, oddly enough, my brother’s girlfriend talked with my dad and he agreed. I’m back on the team.” It felt good to tell someone on my team but, more importantly, it felt good to tell him. Now he didn't have a reason to hate me. Not that he ever really did but it seemed like he hated me along with every other player on the team as well as everyone in the school. It was as if everything was falling into place. I was back on the team and I would help him with his math.

We arrived at the party just as it was starting in full swing. People were hanging everywhere outside. I saw a few of my teammates and couldn’t wait to tell them. At least, Luke. Besides Joe, Luke seemed to be the only one who didn’t hate me at this point. As Joe opened the door for me, I received a text from Stephanie.

Travis and I followed you as far as the party. We won’t stay but we won’t be far. Have fun and be safe ~ Steph

I was beginning to like her more and more already. I didn't even care if they were just going to sit in the car and make out. This night was starting to be perfect.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:21 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe didn't like the idea of having a tutor. It made him sound weak and dumb. But in this instant, he needed it to pass and stay on the team. When Jessie mentioned that they were on the same team, Joe, thankfully at a stop light, looked at her, eyebrows knit together, and opened his mouth to ask what she was talking about. Then she said it. What he was waiting for. All he let go was a smile and, "That's great!" But what he really wanted to do, well that was too rash for his second day knowing her.

They pulled up to Jake's house, who was the school's party boy and heavily supported the football team. Joe saw everyone he knew and no one he didn't. Brittney was giving a baseball player a lap dance, with a wine cooler in her hand. Joe got out of the Jeep, waited for Jessie, then walked to the door. Dave from English was handing out plastic red cups at the door. Joe shook his head, denying the cups, assuming Jessie didn't drink, and he didn't want to make her feel pressured around him.

Sure, Joe did tend to drink a lot, it relieved his stress, but being with Jessie, he decided not to drink, he was driving her home after all. Joe saw the majority of the team clustered by the keg, watching the cheerleaders dancing. Joe grabbed Jessie's hand and pulled her towards them. He then placed his arm around her waist and spoke to the team.

"Hey boys! Jessie's got some news!" Joe beamed at them, down at Jessie, and squeezed her waist.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:56 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

The way Joe’s face lit up when I told him the news made me relieved. I wanted to see his smile again. It gave me comfort. Then again, every little thing he did seemed to give me comfort. Joe helped me out of the car and took my hand. Anyone who knew me would have thought this would have been awkward if not weird for me to hold his hand but it felt right. As we reached the front door, I received a text from my brother.

p.s Lil sis, Don’t go buck wild at this party. I made dad a promise. - Travis

I closed it and pocketed my phone. He wouldn’t have to worry about me. I hated to drink. My brothers had given me some a few years back. Dad wasn’t very happy but I swore I would never drink again. After being offered and refusing to grab a drink, Joe led me to where most of our team members were. Luke being among them. Joe’s arm around my waist seemed to make me forget what the news was. I almost had to ask him. I smiled at the boys and gave a shrug as if to tease them.

“Oh, it’s no big deal. I’m just back on the team.” A giant cheer erupted almost above the loud music. The boys jumped up and rushed over to me. I could smell the alcohol from their hands, their breath and from their bodies. They congratulated me, apologized for their behavior, offered me drinks but I didn’t seem to care about any of it. Joe was no longer by my side. I looked over and, through the rowdy boys, tried to look for Joe. Before I knew it, I was lifted up and carried above their heads all the while they screamed throughout the entire house that I was back on the team. I still tried to look for Joe but I couldn’t find him. I felt myself being lowered and felt relieved until I landed in the pool in the backyard.

My head went underwater and I could see other bodies jumping in. It wasn’t until I resurfaced did I realize the other guys had jumped in as well as part of their excitement. I had never been so thankful in deciding to wear the jacket to the party. I zipped it up tighter and climbed out of the pool where I tried to ring out as much water as I could. Alcohol sure did some crazy things to these boys.

I was soaking wet, a little cold and my make-up was probably ruined by now. It was tempting to go home but I needed…..or wanted to find Joe. I just had to find him throughout the crowd. As I started to walk through the house, a hand grabbed my arm. At first, I thought it was Joe but was disappointed when it was Britney; Joe’s ex-girlfriend.

“I know you came here with Joe,” she began. I could tell by now she had too much to drink. She wasn’t standing up straight and looked like she was going to throw up. This was going to be fun. “Stay away from my man.” Her grip wasn’t very tight but it was still on my arm. It was almost as if she was using my arm for support. I removed her hand and turned to actually face her.

“Last time I checked, he broke up with you.” She shook her head; I could see a bottle still clutched in her other hand.

“We’re just taking a break but he’s still mine.” This girl was in deep and way over her head. This time I took her arm and led her to the backyard where I had left the guys that were still in the pool. The entire time she tried to break free of my grip while telling me to let go but she was too drunk. I dragged her to the pool and pushed her in. That should sober her up a little. Some of the boys laughed and helped her up out of the pool. Though, it was tempting to push her back in again.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:22 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Once Jessie told the team the great news, she was gone. Joe meant to catch up with them but he was sidetracked. A pair of hands covered his eyes and a slurred sweet voice dripped in his ear, "Guess who?" The hands slipped a bit, she must have stumbled. Joe removed the hands gently, and turned around slowly. Of course, Brittney was done with her lap dance and spotted him.

"I-I miss you." She hiccuped, and Joe shook his head. He tried to get away from her, he knew by past experience that talking to Brittney when she was drunk was like trying to discuss quantum physics with a newborn. She grabbed his arm, her fake nails digging in. "I'm talking to-to you!" Her beer sloshed on his shirt, and he cussed under his breath. Now he would smell of alcohol. "It's Meagan right?"

"Her name is Jessie, and no. Leave it alone, Brittney. Go lie down before you throw up." Joe pushed her lightly, so he could wade through the crowd to find Jessie. He could hear Brittney screaming, "Did you see that? He pushed me!" And of course, no one listened. She was an even bigger b***h when she was drunk.

Somehow his search led him to the kitchen, and he helped himself to chips and salsa, eyes scanning the crowd for Jessie. Joe walked to the window when he caught a glimpse of her, and watched as Brittney harassed her. Of course. Drunk bitches will be drunk bitches. Was it just his imagination or was she wet? Joe shrugged the thought off and pushed through the crowd to get outside.

Half his team was in the pool, and Brittney seemed to have just gotten out. And, Joe was right: Jessie was been in the pool recently. Joe came up from behind her, put his mouth by her ear and spoke, aiming to scare her. "Did you have a nice dip?" Joe took her hand and pulled her back to his Jeep. He handed her his jacket and a towel he always kept in the back. "If you want, we can leave early. But I would hate to leave before dancing. My killer dance moves are legendary. It would be a waste to be here and not make use of my talent." Joe spoke with his cocky grin, leaning against his car. He really sucked at dancing, but wanted an excuse to stay longer with her, and don't forget put his hands on her waist again. Though her make-up was running and her hair was matted, he still found her attractive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 am

~Jessie~

User Image

Brittney was crying and I couldn’t stop but smile and enjoy every minute of it. A few people patted me on the back and welcomed me back on the team. Others even said they were relieved and couldn’t wait for the next game. I was just glad that I wasn’t hated. I felt a hand touch mine. This time I thought it was Brittney but I got chills up my spine and goosebumps on my arm when Joe almost whispered in my ear. I nodded at his question and was led back to his car.

I didn’t mind if we left. I would have been fine if it was just him and me. He smelt so good as he wrapped his jacket over me. I pulled my arms through the sleeves and felt silly wearing a big jacket but I didn’t care. I was warm and wearing the jacket owned by a guy that made me feel weird. When Joe mentioned dancing, I was a little nervous. I had danced in my room hundreds of times. A few times even with my dad and brothers but the way I danced with them was not like how the kids were dancing at this party. It was fine, I could do i.....I was just nervous. But Joe looked cute the way he pretended to be cocky.

“You? Dance?” I grabbed his hand, the feeling of being where I should be returned; “Now this I gotta see.” We walked back into the house where everyone was dancing with drinks in their hand. I turned to face Joe and, soon, it seemed like it was just the two of us. We danced, well he danced. I wasn’t really sure what kind of moves I was making. They looked like they could pass for moves. At one point, I looked over at another girl. Her moves weren’t too hard or too sexy so I, somewhat, copied her. But when I looked back at Joe, I couldn’t remember anything. Soon, I didn’t care.

The party was a blast. I didn’t know what time it was since my phone went with me in the pool but when we left; people were still hanging around the house. Joe and I got into his car; he opened the door for me again, we headed for my house. “I never got to thank you for what you said to me at the game. So thanks.” I said to break the silence. I felt comfortable around him. It was hard to explain.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 am
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

After an amazing night, Joe was not ready to leave. He would rather stay in that Friday night with that girl, than have to go on and see what twists and turns the future held. They were driving, Joe's wrist on top of the steering wheel. After a few minutes of driving in silence, Jessie spoke, awakening Joe from his thoughts. He smiled, which seemed to come easily to him these days. He shrugged, "It was nothing."

Joe's phone lit up, Willow's name on the screen. Joe screened the call, and then remembered Jessie had a strict dad. "Do you need to call your dad?" Joe offered his phone out to her, eyes still on the road.

Why was Willow awake? It was close to 11, she should be asleep in her hospital bed, watched carefully by their mother. No one would let use her cell phone, unless it was an attending or maybe their mom. Joe's head was spinning, his heart was racing, his teeth were set on edge.

Joe tried to forget about his sister while he was with Jessie. "So, that tutor thing, we could meet up after practice in my pool house." The pool house was a place Willow was not allowed. It had a kitchen, guest bedroom, it doubled as the guest house. She wasn't allowed there, because it was a short hike away from the house. She could fall, or hell, even drown in the pool if we carried her out there. So it was the only safe place to have company over.

They made it to her house, and the butterflies were back. They walked to her door, and he smiled at her. "I had a lot of fun with you. Too bad you got wet." Joe reached out and flipped a lock of her hair to emphasize her overall dampness. He let his finger trail down her cheek. He gave her another smile and left with a "Goodnight, Jessie."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

Joe offered for me to use his phone and I gladly took it. “I actually need to call my brother. Thanks.” I called Travis and explained that we were on the way home as well as what happened to my phone. He laughed at my misfortune and told me to put my phone in some rice. It would be better after 24 hours. I took a mental note of that. I hung up after the short conversation with my brother and handed the phone back to Joe.

“That sounds great. After practice, I can just follow you in my car that way I can just drive home from there.” I felt nervous and a little excited that I was going to go to his house. It was all still strange being around Joe and wanting to be around him more. I could have stayed with him all night but I knew my father wouldn’t allow it.

When we reached my front door, I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I smiled when he flipped a lock of my wet hair. It was dryer than before but it was still a little wet. I’m sure I looked like a mess but Joe didn’t seem to care. I liked that about him. “I had a fun time, too.” I said and then I did something I never thought I’d do. I kissed him on the cheek. “Goodnight, Joe.” My cheeks were burning as I walked in the house. What had I just done?! I’d never kissed a boy before. I never wanted to until tonight. This really was all new to me. Was I even supposed to do that? Or did I make a mistake.

I walked into the kitchen and barely noticed that my father had said something to me. I pulled out some rice from the pantry and poured some in a bowl where I buried my phone in it. “Jessica?” My father said a little louder. I looked up at him. He was wearing his reading glasses and a war documentary book in his hand. I figured he would have stayed up until I came home. I smiled at him, kissed him on the cheek and went up to my room. I felt......happy. Oddly enough. I hardly ever kissed my father’s cheek. It wasn’t like me but I didn’t care. I felt like doing it. I headed to bed and hoped for good dreams.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

iWhite Out

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe sped from Jessie's house, cheek tingling, Willow on his mind. He immediately called Willow back, and after what seemed like a lifetime, his mother's voice came on.

"Joe? Honey?" Her voice was stressed, and pinched.

"Mom? What happened to Willow?" Joe tried his hardest to keep his eyes on the road and not to end up hurting himself. He had to stay strong for Willow.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry if I interrupted your party. Willow, she got out of bed while I was sleeping, slipped and broke a rib. It-It punctured her lung and we finally got her back, but it was shady for a minute there. She's sleeping now."

Joe's relief didn't feel as good as he would have wanted. Willow was hurt, she slipped, and he wasn't around. He felt like a failure. "I'll be at the hospital in ten minutes."

Joe hung up the phone and sped towards the hospital again. Joe remembered Jessie, and gritted his teeth. Willow was the biggest part of his life, and he couldn't get involved emotionally with someone who wouldn't understand Willow. People think of her as a freak of nature, or are overly sympathetic towards her. Willow hates it, and and Joe hates it. She's a normal person with an abnormal disease. She doesn't let the disease define her, so why should everyone else?

Joe made it to the hospital after stopping by the house and grabbing all of their over night bags. Joe was glad there was no school the next day, he could spend the entire day with Willow, and let his mother get rest. Then Joe could discuss Jessie with Willow, and get Willow's advice on the situation. Willow was the smartest 8 year old in the world, and he trusted all she said.

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff