Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Role Play
Death Note, The Story Re-Told Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm
Seeing L walk into the shop Shi smiled and walked over to him before sitting next to him. Ironically it was in the same booth that he and Light sat in when she had served them. Glancing around she felt odd sitting in the booth seeing how she had never really eaten there before, that and being around L in person made her lose her train of thought often. With a mental sigh she shook it off and smiled at the detective, while pulling on her sleeves.

A friend of hers came up to take their orders and tell them about the free Karaoke deal that they were having. Shi didn’t bother looking at the menu as she got a cheese cake. She also asked for a small sigh of strawberries on the side. The waitress nodded and walked off with their order.

Shi glanced at L and chuckled at his words “Inconvenient? I live with Matsuda, nothings inconvenient compared to what he does or asks of you” Shi spoke in a gentle tone while speaking of her brother though, at the mention of the flash drive she pulled it out and handed it to him. “There you go. Two months’ worth of Light talking to himself or silence. Now, um. . .if you’d prefer to listen to it now I have my laptop with me. . .and it should be un-locked, but you’ll have to excuse me for a moment” Getting out of the booth Shi walked over to the list of songs that they had and read through it quickly. Grabbing a piece of paper she wrote her name and the song she had chosen, which was Only Exception By Paramore, before heading back over to L. “Sorry about that Hideki-san.”  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:48 pm
L nodded and accepted the flash drive gratefully. If there was anything at all on here...he'd be indebted to Shi forever. He did want to listen to it now. He had no time to waste. He watched in surprise as Shi ran up and submitted her name and a song. She was going to do karaoke? Okay.

He waved it off as she came back with an apology. "Not at all, I don't wish to hamper your usual activities in any way." His attention was suddenly caught by his earpiece, which fed him some unfortunate information. He thought quickly, before following Shi's example and submitting a song for himself to sing. His own voice, though out of practice, wasn't too bad.

"Now Shi, your brother is on his way here. Coming down the street in fact. It's too late to duck out, so I ask only that you follow my lead. I'd like to keep the purpose behind this meeting, as well as your knowledge of who I am, as secret as possible for your safety." The girl brought them their sweets, and L sugared up his tea before digging into his Banana split. He made sure he wasn't eating it when Matsuda came in though. "Hi Shi!" He said cheerfully, before catching sight of L.

"Ryu-!"

L put on his best look of surprise. "Hm? Oh, hello there! You must be Shi's brother, she was just telling me about you!" Oh? Matsuda's freaked out look quickly fell to one of a really bad liar. "Oh, yeah, that's me! And you must be Hideki Ryuuga, that genius kid from To-oh U!" 'Matsuda is the worst actor ever...except perhaps Misa...'  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:40 pm
“Wait? Why is He coming here?” She questioned slightly eyeing the door slightly. She sighed when her Anii walked in through the doors but she stilled smiled at him “Hey Anii, what are you doing here?” Shi questioned once he and L had spoken to each other. She had to refine from laughing at his bad acting though. “Well, I was slightly worried about you since there’s this cough going around I wanted to make sure you were feeling okay.”

Shi smiled softly and giggled before moving to the left slightly so Matsuda could sit down with them. “So, Anii, you going to sing today?” She questioned nudging her brothers side with a small smile. Though soon after her name was called and she had to go up to the stage. A nervous chuckle left her lips as her brother moved aside as she headed up, her cheeks a light red color.

Once on stage she noted she could still see L and her brother in the back of the shop, and that just caused her face to turn an even darker shade of red. Normally she’d have to problem singing in front of a group but for some odd reason having the worlds greatest detective listening as she sung, was making her nervous, extremely nervous.

The song started and Shi listened the song start the slow beat making her sway her hips, if only slightly as she looked away from the detective and then the song began. Whoever had started it made sure only one was heard to let the singer know the song started. So Shi opened her mouth and began to sing “When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind. He broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it. And my momma swore that she would never let herself forget. And that was the day that I promised I'd never sing of love if it does not exist. But darling, You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.” The song went into instrumental for a moment and Shi used that time to glance at L and her brother, then the song started once again so she started to sing while still looking at the pair “Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts. And we've got to find other ways to make it alone. Or keep a straight face. And I've always lived like this keeping a comfortable distance. And up until now I've sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness. Because none of it was ever worth the risk. Well you are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.” Once again it was instrumental and Shi was slightly dancing to the flow of the music, to keep her mind off of the two important people that were watching her.

When the song started up again Shi closed her as she sang, focusing on the words if only slightly “I've got a tight grip on reality, but I can't let go of what's in front of me here.I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up. Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream. . You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.” A small pause and some more dancing on Shi’s part and then more singing “. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.” Shi couldn’t help but look at the pair as she last two lyrics of the song, glad for the cover her hair, she looked mostly at L, a small smile forming on her face. “And I'm on my way to believing. Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.”

'Hehehe. . .I've got a crush on the worse possable person' Was the only thought in her head as she got off the stage and headed back to L and Matsuda

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:18 pm
L watched as Shi was called onto the stage. Thankfully Matusda waited until she was out of earshot to ask; "Ryuuzaki, what are you doing here with my sister?" L looked at him. "I was actually out on an errand and decided to come here for a bit. Light brought me here one day, and I rather like the place. Your sister was here, and decided to strike up a conversation." L let the conversation die as Shi began to sing. She looked nervous, which was rather silly.

She was good. She seemed to get more nervous as she kept going instead of less, oddly enough. Perhaps she had issues with her confidence? L could see how one would not like to appear to be bad at something, especially if it happened that one was actually good at it. He smiled as he listened, just letting himself relax for a moment. Matsuda was beaming with pride and hissing comments such as "She's great, isn't she?!" It had been a nice song too.

Of course, she came back and someone else went up, sang their bit. "That sounded very nice, Shi. I didn't realize you had singing talent." Matsuda started yammering away, which was fine with L. Then the detective was called up, and the look of surprise on Matsuda's face was almost enough to even make the stoic detective laugh. He resisted, however, and simply made his way to the stage as Matsuda looked to Shi in confusion.

L closed his eyes, listening to the song out of one ear. As the song started, he took a breath and began to sing. The song did remind him of himself in an odd way, and it foretold of his fall almost prophetically.

"I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world
It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world."
As he finished, he simply came back to the others. And to finish his banana split.

[Hey, this vid is Death Note, and uses that song, if you're interested. I really like it. Death Note Viva La Vida Oh yeah, and L is clueless!]  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:57 pm
Shi smiled at L, greatful for his words. “Thanks” She muttered as L went up onto the stage. As she listened to him sing she noted he was rather good. His words seemed to have another meaning to them, or that’s was she though as she listened. Matsuda was quite as L sang but he seemed suspicious of something, though she decided against mentioning it. Though soon enough it seemed that L’s song ended and he headed over to finish his banana split. A small giggle left her lips as Matsuda spoke “Ryuuga I didn’t know you could sing!”

Shi lightly pushed her bother “Anyone can sing, just others are better at it then some” As Matsuda grumbled about her indirect teasing of his rather bad singing voice, she turning her gaze to L and smiled “And You’re rather good Hideki-san, much better than my brother” “H-Hey! I’m not that bad!” “You can’t even hold a note Anii, so yes you are that bad” Shi teased her brother and Matsuda just complained slightly, but the smile on both of their faces showed that they were used to it.

Soon enough silence ensured which as odd seeing they had the worlds most talkative person at the table with them. So Shi ate her cheese cake in peace, while matsuda seemed to be thinking aabout something. “You two should sing a duet.” He suddenly said caused Shi so choke on her cake and stare at her brother, the fork still in her mouth.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:51 pm
L ate, enjoying the peace and quiet that Matsuda thinking actually gave, rather than questioning what he was thinking. The detective would probably be better off not knowing. He did chuckle at the sibling love he saw displayed. Rarely was he exposed to true humanity like this. Once...he'd met with one of his successors in person. Just before this case, in fact. He made it a point to get involved in his cases, but lulls like this were so truly rare.

When Matsuda finally spoke his mind, L stopped eating, spoon still in his mouth, to study the young man thoughtfully. After a moment he removed the spoon and said, "I'm not opposed to the idea, if Shi wishes it...but what makes you say that?"  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:08 pm
“Well, nothing really, I just thought that it would sound nice” Shi stared at her brother eating some more of her cheese cake. His words could be translated to ‘I don’t trust you with my sister and I want to look around the booth while you two are up on the stage’. But Shi sighed and shrugged signaling that she wouldn’t care. “I really don’t mind. . .but Anii, promise you’ll head home right after okay?” Matsuda agreed, as long as Shi got home at least an hour after him, and no later. ’. . .Since when do I have a curfew? was the thought that went through her mind, but she agreed.

Shi glanced at L and held in a sigh, she already knew singing with him was going to be slightly hard then singing alone and looking at him. “Any song you had in mind Hideki-san?” She asked finishing off her cheese cake.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 am
L already had the drive in his pocket, and so long as Shi didn't leave anything untoward on her computer...he hoped she'd cleared it. This could be a problem. Matsuda had a big mouth. Still, there wasn't much he could do about this situation.

He finished off the last of his banana split before looking at Matsuda and Shi. "Hm...I'm afraid duets aren't my area of expertise. Perhaps you had something in mind?" The question, and a fair one considering it was his idea, was directed at Matsuda.  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:33 pm
“I’ll go see what they have!” Matsuda stood up and headed over to the list of songs that they had leaving the two alone. “Why’d you say yes? And why’d you let him pick the song?” She muttered to L while messing with the sleeve of her shirt. Her gaze never left her brothers form as he seemed to write something down and hand it to one of the waitresses who started giggling softly and walked off to go give it to the boss.

Matsuda soon returned a smile on his face and a small plan forming in his mind. Shi in the meantime was wondering how in the hell she could get out of singing the duet with L without saying she didn’t want to sing with him. After a moment she looked to her brother and asked him what song he had chosen. “Summer Nights from grease” Shi stared at her brother and she seemed ready to choke the man. “I hate you Anii” She muttered placing her head in her hands. Sadly Shi loved Grease so she wouldn’t be backing out anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:36 pm
L looked at Shi calmly. "You agreed as well, Shi. Besides, you weren't coming up with any ideas...your computer is clear of anything incriminating, correct?" He seemed totally unfazed by this. Of course he was, he was wondering what the hell Matsuda was up to. He soon found out. L may never have actually sat through Grease, but he knew enough of the story to know that this was going to be an awkward experience. As Shi held her head in her hands, he found himself wishing desperately for someone to inform him of an emergency that he had to tend to right away. It didn't look like it was going to happen. In fact, Wedy had gotten the earpiece to transmit sounds from him to her too, and was now thoroughly amused by the situation the detective found himself in.  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:05 pm
Shi sighed and muttered profanities in Italian while glaring at her brother. After a moment she looked into her bag, pulled out her laptop, and then looked through her files for a moment. She finally decided that she had nothing of great importance on the computer expect for some essays that were due soon. To make it seem as if she was trying to finish an essay, she opened one of her old copies of an essay she had already turned in and started typing silently.

Though with her brother chatting away right next to her she found it hard to focus on what she was pretending to type. But she found it best not to say anything but just smile and nod every now and then, She also she nibbled and one of the strawberries she had asked while typing away on her laptop.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:11 am
What was Matsuda going on about now? L hadn't the vaguest idea. He'd tuned out awhile ago. He had the flash drive, now he just wanted the opportunity to go through it. Maybe something could suddenly come up. That would be nice. Not that he minded singing with Shi...it was just...L fought the urge to sigh. As socially awkward as he was, he knew this situation was going to be difficult.

He started stacking some odds and ends sitting on the table, to help him think. At least the computer was clear. Now if Wedy would stop giggling in his ear...She seemed to think this was great fun...  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 am
Shi felt her eye twitch as Matsuda wouldn’t stop talking. Then, too soon for her liking, both L’s name and her own was called up. She felt her face flush as she closed her computer and headed over to the stage. It seemed that they were currently adjusting the second microphone so the feedback wouldn’t be as bad. So she stood silently pulling her hair into a pony tail to keep it out of her face. ’Why are you doing this to me Anii’

Soon enough they finished adjusting the microphone and smiled “Are you two ready?” One of the waitresses Shi didn’t know asked them. Shi just nodded and looked to L “I must apologize for my brother inconveniencesness”  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 pm
L looked to the stage as both he and Shi (oh dear god...the puns! They burn!) were called up. This was going to be a lesson to him; If Matsuda was in the same country, get other people to do the footwork, or else you may end up on a stage in a cafe struggling to keep up with the words of a musical set in the seventies...

He watched them adjust the microphone with trepidation, although it didn't show. When Shi apologized, he dismissed it. "Not at all Shi, I'm quite used to your brothers' ways." He said softly, with his back to the man lip reading would be impossible. He looked to the stage, waiting for her to go first.  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

Za_Juu_Iki

Familiar Poster

6,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:46 pm
By the end of the song Shi was a very bright shade of red. Her brother, who after finding nothing of intrest at the table, seemed to find the moment extreamly entertaining. She calmly walked down the stage and back to her brother who she quickly told to leave "I love you, but I'd prefer to speak to my friends with out you here" She said softly. Matsuda nodded and stooded up. "I see, just becareful." With that said Matsuda went to leave.

Once he was out of earshot she blinked a few times before looking to L "If I didnt know any better, I'd say he didn't trust you"  
Role Play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff