Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Who is better Dimmu Borgir or Cradle Of Filth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who is the better black metal band??
  Dimmu Borgir
  Cradle Of Filth
  Other
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:50 am
Rellik San

You extremify Type O Neg and you end up with a stage show that probably involves voices so deep only fish can understand them whilst the band practically violates 18 year old nuns on stage. Cradle is what happens when a Death Metal band is jumped upon and pounded down and down and down again by a record label into becomming marketable.

Nah Alice wouldn't kick and scream and hiss and spit. He'd just hit them with his cane.

And this, I must save for future refence for when I need a laugh rofl

Alice would unleash Ronnie Corbitt on their arses xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:06 am
i prefer cradle of filth  

xslipknotmaniacx

hybrid_13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:23 am
xslipknotmaniacx
i prefer cradle of filth

So do I.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 pm
I've never heard of the other band but I like CoF. I don't really see why everyone is crushing on them neutral
I mean, they have to be somewhat good on account they are even signed.

Rimi

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:21 am
I really like cof. I had just recently seen them live 4laugh I had a brill night. The band were great and I had fun listening to them. I hate it when people moan about how 'mainstream' they are. Yes now a lot more people listen to them so what?  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:35 am
i like both  

Konatafangrl

Fuzzy-Panda-Bandit

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:47 pm
cradle of filth is poser metal so you cant really compare their sound to the almighty dimmu borgir but yea i like dimmu borgir better  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:36 pm
DIMMU BORGIR KICKS a**! twisted twisted twisted  

bloodyandrea

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Well, I might have posted earlier in this discussion, but, yeah, dimmu is f*cking awesome... although their new stuff kind of lacks the thought and melody their old stuff had... Mourning Palace = Best metal song... ever...

CoF I just stopped listening to... except for Gothic Sanctuary...

However, right now I'm liking the creepy tones of Acid Bath's non metal works, as well as Bauhaus, NIN, and the Smashing Pumpkins....

They really knew goth back then...  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:52 pm
They both have good characteristics. Overall i like Dimmu Borgir better.

Cradle of Filth has awsome melodies and a good baseline but Dani can get annoying i think their best songs are "Her Ghost in the Fog" and "Swansong For a Raven" mainly because the meanings tie together.

Dimmu Borgir has much better vocals and ever since they got Cradle of Filth's old drummer i think the best drumlines ever. Their songs are much more organized but kinda lack the creativity of Cradle of Filth. Lyrics are better and the mix between the hardcore parts and the orchastral parts blend i think much better. Best song hmmmm well there all good but i like "Prognies to the Great Apocolypse" and "Architecture of a Genocidal Na"  

Saint Of Demons

darkcrimsongoth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:02 am
I haven't really heard much Dimmu Borgir, but from what I have heard of it, it's allright. I do think I like COF better.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:58 pm
injecteddecission
cradle of filth is poser metal so you cant really compare their sound to the almighty dimmu borgir but yea i like dimmu borgir better

The people who call Cradle poser metal will throw Dimmu in there as well for being so un-trve and 'selling out'.

This sucks, I can't pick between two of my favourite melodic pseudo-mainstream black metal bands. So I'll go with some metalcore; Trivium, no wait I'm not allowed to listen to any of those three, since they're all poseur music with no skills. Take's a lot of skill for Matt Heafy to write their first album at the age of 17 I think... I liked all 3 of their albums, and have their demo and people still say it's poseur music.

I swear, all the most popular bands are just called sell-outs because the people who liked them when they were underground didn't want anyone to know about them other than their little group of friends.

So it's some 1349 for me, 14 minutes of Hellfire madness.  

Melsza

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:23 am
that is out of the question! dimmu borgir all the way!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:01 pm
i like them both!  

naked hobo

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out