Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)
The Great Hall - Congrats to Cat like thief 182!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who should be Wonderland's next leader?
Living_In_Song [Mome Raths Movement]
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
CharmerX [Upside-Down Party]
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Cat like thief 182 [Cheshire Anonymous]
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Azure Caterpillar [The Wonderland and Looking-Glass Insects]
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 am
The Night Faery
I was planning on setting it up on Friday, but I realized I will be gone all day because a show I'm in is opening this weekend! (Well tomorrow actually...) But is Saturday okay? Then you guys will have about five days (there won't be a whole lot of questions) to answer, and then we'll have the vote! Sound okay?

That sounds fantastic, Saturday's great. Congrats on the show btw.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am
Lady March Hare
Gah! Due to my idiocy, I've missed this event completely! Stupid college! *sets it on fiyah*

I just want to say, though, that you all have come up with wonderful speeches and organizations to represent! I love you all, and shall find a way to vote for you all! *cackles like the voter-fraud villain she aims to be*

Aw, well thank you so much. smile I love you too.  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 am
Aw, Marchy, it's okay! We've all been super-busy... real life is more important (:
Cat: thank you! This will be a fun debate =D
Although it won't really be in a conventional "debate" style, since the likelihood of getting all the candidates online to do rapid-fire Q&A at the same time is about 0.03% ....so it'll be more like an interview-style, and voters will just compare answers.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:03 pm
The Night Faery
Aw, Marchy, it's okay! We've all been super-busy... real life is more important (:
Cat: thank you! This will be a fun debate =D
Although it won't really be in a conventional "debate" style, since the likelihood of getting all the candidates online to do rapid-fire Q&A at the same time is about 0.03% ....so it'll be more like an interview-style, and voters will just compare answers.

Sounds good to me, and we'll be getting questions tomorrow, right?  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:26 pm
*clings to all*

Booo; real life is just greedy with time! >3<

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm
The Night Faery

Sounds great to me! C:

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:40 pm
Yep, questions coming tomorrow!  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:26 pm
Candidates, the questions are up! Look on the front page to acquire them. =D  

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:10 am
Night, the debate questions make me smile. XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:03 am
Q: First off, thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Now-- if elected winner of the Caucus Race, there will no doubt be a good deal of celebration in the streets. How do you intend to keep the revelry safe and legal?
A: Here in Wonderland I know everyone can be less-then honest at times. And I understand that! And everyone likes their jokes. That's why I will depend on everyone to watch out for themselves and for others. If a citizen of our fair country is doing something or acting in some way that does not uphold our beliefs and party-till-your-tired ideas, then we will make sure they get a party hat and some pipping hot tea to get them started!
Q: A great number of rabbits have complained about the lack of available transportation within Wonderland. What do you propose as a more efficient system to benefit the everyday working bunny?
A: Well, as of now, my plan to provided service across the Sea of Tears has already been put into action. As soon as it's finished, rabbits and other creatures a like will be able to travel across the sea in a comfy bottle. We even have larger bottles if they wish to travel with more them one passenger. And I'm sure we'll be thinking up more ideas in the future!
Q: Turning to a more serious subject, there has been considerable fear and anxiety over the current capital punishment laws-- beheadings for tardiness, beheadings for spilling tea, beheadings for wearing green shoes, &c. Please outline for us your plan to revise the legal system in this regard.
A: As soon as I get elected, that plan will be torn up and thrown into my fireplace! We can no longer ignore the serious state we are in with our current system. It's time for some big changes, and I say scrap the whole thing!
Q: How do you feel you are equipped to deal with natural occurrences in Wonderland, i.e. the Great Tea Drought, or the time when all the birds turned into punch bowls?
A: Strange things will always occur in Wonderland. From the birds turning into punch bowls to the horrific giant girls who seem to appear every so often. As for the tea drought, I will work my hardest to save up a vary large stock for the future. We can never be to sure.
Q: I'm sure you are aware of the petition circulating to introduce actual croquet equipment instead of animals. Where do you stand on this issue?
A: The flamingos and hedgehogs have approached me already on the subject and I can tell you that I support them one-hundred percent!
Q: What is your position on the controlled substances and activities, such as size-changing edibles and potables, mushrooms, and the use of hookahs?
A: As long as not used in abundance, I believe they are relatively safe. Just don't try to squish your friends or overthrow Parliament. And remember, no one can help you if you try to take on the whole of our card army.
Q: Do you support the rights of the non-face-cards (2 through 10)? Where do you place the Aces within the hierarchy, and do you support their equal rights as well?As I said before, I greatly support
A: As I said before, I greatly support all cards and equal rights. Under my current plan all cards will also get free health care while they are on active duty for themselves and their families, also including dental.
Q: Many reports have been filed on mishaps during travel through pools, rabbit holes and looking-glasses, and several injuries have been recorded. How do you intend to improve safety of inter-world travel?
A: All portals to other worlds will be marked accordingly, as not have another White Rabbit incident. And we all know how THAT went...
Q: What is your position on the use of tea-cakes as currency? Please keep in mind the rise in black market scones of recent years.
A: The only problem I see with them is their ability to get eaten or lost. However, scones on the other hand are hard and more easily taken care of(and not eaten as often as the cakes).
Q: Finally, and perhaps most importantly, how do you intend to remedy the shortage of dreams that has plagued Wonderland for years, since the regime of the Queen?
A: I'm sure as soon as someone(like myself) takes office, and the Queen(Down with the Bloody Red Queen) is kicked out of power our dreams will return.
Thank you so much for your time in answering these questions, and if there are any final comments you would like to add, please do so now.  

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 pm
@Marchy: haha I'm glad. I had a little help from my mother and brother with a couple of them xD

@Song: Stunning! Such rapid and reasonable responses! Congratulations on a very nice interview. ^-^

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:15 pm
CharmerX
Username: CharmerX
Party: Upside-Down Party
Tag Line: Twinkle Twinkle little bat, how I wonder what you're at, up above the world you fly, like a tea tray in the sky!
Speech: Why shouldn't I win? I'm as Mad as a Hatter! and should that matter? If in fact I am a Hatter? Tea all the time! No heads to be chopped! *Takes out watch* Oh dear! it seems as though time has stopped all together *Laughs weirdly*

Hullo, good sir! The debate questions are in-- check out the front page to find them!  

The Night Faery
Captain

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Azure Caterpillar
Username: Azure Caterpillar
Party: The Wonderland and Looking-Glass Insects [TWLGI]
Tagline: "Advice and hookah for all!"
Speech: Let us contemplate; and let us acknowledge. This is such a hectic place. Though wonderous it is. Our party is of those who are intelligent, informative and most of all; givers of great advice! We are the Wonderland and Looking-Glass insects. We're always there; even if you don't notice us. Infact we number a great many.
If elected we will ensure the rules of the game are set; that information is always there for those who need it; that visitors are questioned vehemently; that advice will be given and most importantly... hookah will be aplenty! Along with such other neccesities like tea and time.
Wonderland will run more smoothly. Kings and Caterpillars will be equal. No more crazy sword-wielding maniacs trying to behead you while you're taking a stroll through the Tulgey Woods. Beheadings will be out-lawed. Poetry will become the currency and will be recited correcitically. Mushrooms will be protected. And we promise you; that the Caterpillar is not high.

Wasn't sure what else to do with it; so I'm posting it as is.

Oh and... the Disney cartoon movie? My absolute FAVOURITE adaptation.... infact I'm starting a collection.... of merchandise... to do with my favourite character from the movie. Guess who? Haha!

Also love the 'I'm Odd' song; have you watched the other song demos? The Jabberwock one is catchy!

Hello lovely Caterpillar! The debate questions have been posted on the front page!  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:21 pm
Cat like thief 182
Username: Cat Like Thief 182
Party: Cheshire Anonymous.
Tagline: "Odd, but with a killer smile."
Speech: As a candidate for the next wonderland leader it is my pledge to you, be you short, tall, dreaming, or an ever changing combination of the three, that I will be not all there through the ever changing times. I will rally the troops and lead Wonderland down the right path to victory, as I myself, don't need a weather-vane to see which way the wind blows.
I vow to keep the imagination that our world was built on alive in every wonderlander and to keep every man, woman, child and hatter, from here to the 8th square, reaching for the sky, because nothing is impossible. So vote for me, so that we can be lead into the future by someone with the courage to keep dreaming.

Salutations, dear Cheshire! The debate questions have been posted as promised! They are on the front page. (:  

The Night Faery
Captain

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:11 pm
The Night Faery
@Song: Stunning! Such rapid and reasonable responses! Congratulations on a very nice interview. ^-^

Haha! Thanks!

But it was really all do to your wonderful questions.

I was laughing so hard as I read through them, great job!

The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff