Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
Who was really justice: L or Light? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who was justice?
Light
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
L
53%
 53%  [ 28 ]
Neither
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 52

Faraam Knight

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:47 pm
L was right to me. Sure he had his flaws but what he wantd was a world where everything was rightly judged and given the right sentence. if smomeone murdered another they would spend most of they're life in jail giving them time to think about what they did instead of just dying and wasting another human life. Light saw peoples lives as toys ready to be disposed of the moment they didn't live up to what he saw was right. L on the other hand wanted people to live and he knew humans weren't perfect they never would be! Light became a murderer to murder the murderers how can you say the deaths he'd been the cause of was right? L commited petty crimes to catch a man who was killing hundreds a day now to me that sounds like a small price to pay for justice. In the end L was right and humanity returned to normal still chaotic but thats how it will always be.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:37 am
I have to say neither. One person has no right to judge another, especially when life or death is part of it. There is no correct decision about who deserves to be dead and who deserved to be alive. One person who says someone deserves to be dead will have another person to disagree with and vice versa. Which one's opinion in more valuable than the other? There's no real way to decide because like I said, no matter who says what there will be someone there to disagree with it.  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

Faraam Knight

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:59 pm
ok the killings weren't justified, Light killed people for nothing actuely. If Light had succeded the killings would have been justified but he didn't succeed so the killings weren't justified. Light failed miserably an killed hundreds of people all for nothing but failure. There L was right and Light was wrong however Light would have been right if he had succeeded.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:50 am
I think they are both justice. L since he wanted to stop the murders and Light because he was ridding the world of the people who had done evil things. Although I only agree with him killing murders, not something so petty as stealing. Yes there would have been good things that the criminals had done at least once in their life, but I still think they deserved to be killed.  

bluesweets97

Ao Kirisaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 am
I think Light was right because he wanted to make the world a better place.His methods weren't always the best ones, but he helped everyone in his own way.Light used the Death Note for everyone's sake, when he could use it only for him. And that's an admirable thing, wanting to make a perfect world.He had some flaws and used people, and in the end he became a little bit selfish, but I think he was the right one and fought until the very end for his ideals.
I can't say L was wrong.It's true that humans will never be perfect, but finally someone tried to change that thing.And L only took the cases he was interested in...it was more like a game for him.Anyway, a ''perfect justice'' would be between those two ideas(maybe if Light and L joined hands).But I still think that Light was close to that justice.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:53 am
Neither. Justice can't and shouldn't be decided by one person alone. Both of them abused their power and intelligence to achieve their own goals. Although L is clearly less guilty of this than Light is.  

MonsterHug

Freyja93

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 am
I voted for L.
I don't believe Light was really evil.
I believe, he thought what he was doing was the only way the world would change, but by doing what he did by inflicting fear onto every one he made the place worse. Humankind can not survive without choosing their own path, they need to live their life without a major fear like that.

L, I believe was right, Light was just as bad as most of the serial killers out there, just in a sense worse, he didn't do anything with his own hands he used a book.

I like both but neither of them I like the most.
I hope I make sense. confused  
Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces