Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
*Twisted Fairy Tale Contest* (WINNERS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks for entering I'll put it up for judging at the end of the month  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 pm
RzDz
i might do pinocchio

You'll need to send me a Pm so you can be verified for that story or someone else who does can take it.  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 am
Hey, I'm the only left-aligned one on the list! XD

I feel special. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:56 am
Lea Florens

I feel special. wink

XD I thought I had centered it when I submited it. But it's all good right. razz you special now ^^  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:58 am
XxX NeOn SpRiNkLeS XxX
ill try to get one in... i didnt make it in the last event sweatdrop ihope ill make it in this time! 3nodding

I hope so too ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:48 pm
Full picture:
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/empressluna/DrawnByMe/CGArt/2af70042.jpg
W/o wording:
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/empressluna/DrawnByMe/CGArt/5337b795.jpg  

empress-luna

6,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 am
x--w a s a b ii--x
Lea Florens

I feel special. wink

XD I thought I had centered it when I submited it. But it's all good right. razz you special now ^^

Of course, why won't it be good? wink
Work hard me!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:59 am
User Image

Well, here it is, my finished project. I just recently got a computer and a drawing tablet so this is my first time using a drawing tablet in Photoshop, at first I used mocrisoft paint and the mouse. My picture is based on the final scene in the Korean fairy tale 'The Fox Sister' in which the brother catches his demon sister on fire.

Here's the link to the picture:

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a414/kitsune_uchiha1369/FoxSister.jpg

- Color--8
- Creativity--4
- Effort--7
- Flow--7
- Background--8

Total- 34 of 50

I gave you an 8 for color because her kimono really stands out dispite the blood splatters. I gave you a 4 for creativity because, in the story she was evil, like depicted in this picture. So it wasn't really twisted. I would have given more points if she was portrayed as good, and that the brothers were evil, just a thought. I gave you a 7 for effort because overall you did a good job, but the hair is kind of jagged, so practice on hair, and the way it flows and such. I gave you a 7 for flow because everything seems to fit together, but I would work on the blood because it looks more like she has boils forming on her skin instead of blood. I gave you an 8 for background because you did really well. I like the way it looks like the woods with the dead trees and the brownish sky makes it ominous, and makes it seem like theres a creepy brown fog.
Good job chicka.  

xXHipster_CanadaXx

Romantic Lover

10,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:48 pm
good job so far everone ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:36 am
I agree! Excellent work!!  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:28 am
About a week left to enter guys!! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 am
Here's mine. I drew it and colored it with colored pencils because I'm also going to use it as an idea for an art project for a class. The description's under the drawing, but I'll put it on here for everyone.

It's a demonic version of The Ugly Duckling.
The swan (I've always been told the ugly duckling was actually a swan) is beautiful in this tale but hates ugly things. When he hatched, he found his 'sibling' ducklings of yellowed feathers to be ugly and so he attacked and killed them since they weren't beautiful.
Sweet revenge for them calling him names in the original tale! XD  

lightangel33

7,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

XxJay_EmxX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm
User Image

I really dunno if its twisted... sweatdrop
Anyway, if u cant understand, its this...
Alice and the queen switched places 4laugh
its not good enough tough  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 pm
finished my twisted disney!

i had a bunch of issues with being able to do what was in my head, which was a graveyard, featuring 3-5 characters in very scary zombie type form. i spent all day every day trying to draw it, or practice what i wanted it to look like, taing model pictures to see shapes/dementions. it was taing forever, and moving way too slow, so i changed it. what it was changed to was what i saw when i put evil, and the death of Jasmine together, making some sort of queen of the underworld. I drew it, and colored it with oil pastels and Sharpie last night in 2 hours which is a new record for a whole picture, whole body, and scary, which i never do because i cant exactly draw that kind of stuff.

then i took a picture of it cause my scanner cant be used cause my mom piles her crap on top of the printer. it looked bad.

it looked something like this

so as i was digitalizing i couldnt get the background or wounds without it looking cartoonish, so i left some things undigitalized, like the background, and wounds, and i really like how it turned out!

it looked something like this

her outfit is half inspired by her normal blue outfit, mixed with her Jafars slave outfit, and the bat cape seen on one of the Muses in Hercules. i have the river of souls in the middle, souls flowing out of it. the background and floor are dark, symbolizing death/evil.

this acctually worked out alot better than i thought it would in the end. i cant wait to see what my other Deviants think of it, including the other competetors, and the judge/judges.

the half-digitalized one (second link (called Jasmines river of souls FINAL))is the final. i hope you like it. i posted the picture of the original so you could see something of a work in progress.  

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:18 am
I was in a hurry, but here's my piece: http://imgur.com/Uj8R9
I thought the story in morden time, so he got a costume instead, and decided to kill amount of people for a princess hand... or something like that. Either way its twisted!

Contest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff