Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
D.A.D.A (Closed; Final Grades Posted on Last Page) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
techpriest35 rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:57 am
*aims at kamilia with a Expelliarmus spell and hits her square in the face *"yes i did it woot" *dances*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:32 pm
"professor if a bogwart is staring you down and your fear eats you up and you turn your back to hide your self what does a bogwart do to its victim they are already paralyzed with fear if no one comes to help how would the bogwart do any thing besides cause them to be even more scared and can a bogwart cause a heart attack in people who are so scared
or can it cause people to be so scared that they die? also im curious what does the dark lord fear what would a bogwart turn into if he saw one?"

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 pm
{{is there a speicific dice rool to cast spells correctly for practice?}}  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 pm
"Professor I missed lesson 1 of the basics which I need to do by tomorrow."  

Insatiable Design

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:27 am
techpriest35
"professor if a bogwart is staring you down and your fear eats you up and you turn your back to hide your self what does a bogwart do to its victim they are already paralyzed with fear if no one comes to help how would the bogwart do any thing besides cause them to be even more scared and can a bogwart cause a heart attack in people who are so scared
or can it cause people to be so scared that they die? also im curious what does the dark lord fear what would a bogwart turn into if he saw one?"

"First of all Mr. Telemar, it's Boggart not bogwart." Professor Clairion smiled, "You have a good point. If you were paralyzed because of the Boggart I expect that some misfortune would happen. I would expect that the witch/wizard would harm themselves more by the fright rather than the Boggart harming them. Our bodies are built with a fight or flight mechanism and when confronted with our fears, our natural instinct is to run away from them foolishly. Hence, when the person runs they run the higher risk of harming themselves."

The professor added a side-note, "Would the Boggart cause a heartattack? Well it really depends on the person's health. If they lived an unhealthy lifestyle, they probably are more prone to getting one, I guess. I really don't know in detail about that, I'll maybe ask my Healer friend at St. Mungo's."

She then conjured a goblet of sparkling water and took a drink before answering the last question that James had. After gathering her thoughts she responded, "One could only guess what Voldemort's fear is when facing a Boggart. I've never heard anything of that sort in my years of traveling, but I do like to speculate that he feared that Harry Potter would be coming for him to destroy him entirely. That or he feared death since immortality seemed to be his life's goal. Will we ever know? Perhaps not."

"I do hope I answered some of your questions."
With that Professor Clairion returned to her desk to correct some paperwork.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 am
Oshenukhar

((As of now, the Int/Adv class has a homework assignment that is done in the classroom. They are to practice defense spells. You don't have to join them.

Somewhere in the future you will have that experience and I think in the 4-5th week I'll have the whole class [all levels] have an in-class duel game. Perhaps a prize will go with that, too.

A few House Spirit weeks ago I hosted/created a House vs. House dice rolling dueling game that was quite exciting. A lot of work, but very fun.

It's going to be fun and I hope everyone will participate around that time.))

Miss Love Tantei

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:38 am
Miss Love Tantei
Oshenukhar

((As of now, the Int/Adv class has a homework assignment that is done in the classroom. They are to practice defense spells. You don't have to join them.

Somewhere in the future you will have that experience and I think in the 4-5th week I'll have the whole class [all levels] have an in-class duel game. Perhaps a prize will go with that, too.

A few House Spirit weeks ago I hosted/created a House vs. House dice rolling dueling game that was quite exciting. A lot of work, but very fun.

It's going to be fun and I hope everyone will participate around that time.))

lols i remember that duel game it was fun i tried for slytherin but we were the 2nd team to be taken out stare i think it was cause every one was hating on our bad rep 3nodding thank you professor for answering some of my questions((ooc i really want to know what the dark lord would have seen too bad jkr hasnt made a book about things like that or made a online question thing where people post a harry potter question and her or one of her people that work for her answer it the best they can that would be awesome especially if it was in real time like an instant messenger ))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm
What spell is used to shape and make and complete the spell of Hand of Glory?  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 pm
Eyes James before extending my wand arm and sharply use a flicking motion at the James while saying Expelliarmus and watches it hit him square in the chest. Smirks.  
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:36 pm
Moves onto the next spell.

Takes a stance and moves wand in a circular motion counterclockwise once over their head and bring wand straight down to point at opponent while saying Stupefy and watches James become stunned.

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm
While waiting on James to get un-stunned goes back into a stance. Once ready points wand and uses a simple Swish and Flick of the wand, while saying "Petrificus Totalus" and watches him dodge.  
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:41 pm
Pints wand and uses a simple Swish and Flick of the wand, while saying "Petrificus Totalus" and watches him dodge it again.  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm
Pints wand and uses a simple Swish and Flick of the wand, while saying "Petrificus Totalus" and watches it miss.  
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm
Pints wand and uses a simple Swish and Flick of the wand, while saying "Petrificus Totalus" and watches it not work.  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
DownAzzLette rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 pm
Pints wand and uses a simple Swish and Flick of the wand, while saying "Petrificus Totalus" and (dunno which action for this is it a backfire?)  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff