Reply The Music Artists Guild
Official Vocalist Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaFiYe

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:47 pm
hey well ive been going singing lessons for nearly 7 years so i guess im gettin pretty goood hehe ive won comps and scholarships and i have recored a few times which was a really good experience right now im workin on songs from rooster the veronicas and christina aguilara  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:49 pm
SaFiYe
hey well ive been going singing lessons for nearly 7 years so i guess im gettin pretty goood hehe ive won comps and scholarships and i have recored a few times which was a really good experience right now im workin on songs from rooster the veronicas and christina aguilara

What'd ya mean "u guess" ur pretty good. You're awesum! I'm SO jelous of you. i wish i could sing.  

kyogoku-san

beddyteddy2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:00 am
No voice lessons... like ever... been singing since before I could talk (I would hum).. learned second voice on my own when I was 5... and from there I went anywhere.. XD

I prefer being back up vocalist really... I'd rather play guitar in a band than sing. I've done pop (when I was very very young), choir (soprano and alto),rock, alternative, hardcore (back when I smoked I had a nice rasp), blues, jazz, reggae, ska.. now I'm working on Ambient music (anyone like Frou Frou XD)... I sing what I like and what I can. Usually just if a band needs me I'll sing for them but never really stayed as a vocalist.. dun like it much. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:42 pm
I'm a contralto/soprano........more like contralto rite now..thanks to my sis...
I sing a lot..especially wit my church choir and my singing group...

I heart singing anything but screamo/rap/or anything the like...
and i prefer doing a solo 'coz its either the person i'm singing wit isn't in my level or because i'm not used to their voice...

and yeah..i sing wit really good..pro ppl biggrin
i learn a whole lotta tips from them  

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Tremaine

Fashionable Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:00 pm
I am a singer too! I can sing anything from broadway to opera to pop to soul. Singing is my passion and I think my dream job would be probably working as a medium lyric soprano at the Lyric Opera.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 pm
RaVe_eVaR
I'm a contralto/soprano........more like contralto rite now..thanks to my sis...
I sing a lot..especially wit my church choir and my singing group...

I heart singing anything but screamo/rap/or anything the like...
and i prefer doing a solo 'coz its either the person i'm singing wit isn't in my level or because i'm not used to their voice...

and yeah..i sing wit really good..pro ppl biggrin
i learn a whole lotta tips from them

Contralto? really? You're either one or the other... Majority of people are soprani. Contralti have really deep voices that can be compared to a man. You could be a Mezzo- Soprano though. biggrin  

Lady Tremaine

Fashionable Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

AngelxAllow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:09 am
I'm a soprano, but I've been known to go and sing with the altos at times. Range is somewhere from a G below middle C up to an E above high C(above the staff) So yeah...I also sing for my band Glasswork and I just love to sing! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:09 pm
I go to a school of the Arts for vocal music, DaSOTA to be specific. I'm pretty sure it's one of the top ten schools in the country. Um, I've been singing since before I could talk in full sentances, have been to florida vocal All-State twice, both seventh grade and eigth grade, I'm a student conducter, I do advanced music theory, I'm a Soprano. I love to sing jazz, and absolutely adore my chorus, Bel Canto, and my beloved teacher, Mr. Pendry. Recently my chorus put out the first recording of Pergolacii's Stabat Mater, a Baroque piece, ever done in Florida.

I like to sing in small groups, one to two people per part, usually groups of 6-10.

If you'd like to hear my chorus from last year in action, here is a link:
Shenandoah
Also, a more fun song:Johnny Said NO!  

Present Uncertainty

Murachi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:57 pm
Well I've been singing since I got my tonsels out last summer.

Uhm I scream and sing both, so I guess its a interesting situation

I scream deep and not like a chick and then I dont know how I sing lol

my band is supposed to have a demo soon. A real one not just a lame camera recorded one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:20 pm
I've been singing since I saw the elephant show when I was a little girl. You know "skidamarink-a-dinkeedink" haha.

I only started taking private lesson in 2001. I'm majoring in music therapy with a voice concentration. In high school I was always an alto because I could read music very well and I did the whole choir and musical thing. Though what I sing most of in school is opera, I'm really into singing jazzy songs.

I don't want to be famous or anything, but I would love to sing in a club. Too bad I live in a small area...we don't really have any.  

Gidghet

Poetic_Skater

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:51 pm
Hey guys I just got into singing as a vocalist in January so I am not as good as you but my specialty is 5 part harmonies like Boyz 2 Men, Temptations, BSB, N'sync. I am a Low-mid Tenor. I would love to get a band together of all vocalists as I am a Beatboxer too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:53 am
Last year i took voice, and i have been in musical theater workshops since i was in 2nd grade. I have also been in my school choir and i was in the city childrens choir. We won 1st place elementary choir in the Music in the Parks festival.  

Reporting Bot 6290

Reporting Bot 6290

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:59 am
I was an alto from 2nd grade to 3rd grade but now i am a soprano. I can also sing alto, but not to well. I adore Kristin Chenowhith. I LOVE WICKED! I am also a phantom of the opera freak.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:41 am
Well, I'm not much of a singer, but that would be because I've had no vocal training whatsoever other than the exercises I do everyday.

I've seen a few videos on youtube on how you can train your voice to reach so-and-so notes, and I think they work (It's either that or my voice is similar to the artist who's songs I love singing. Jason Mraz). I can do those... girly screams (Yes. Embarrassing, but I can do it.). My voice isn't deep or high. I'd say it's in between seeing as I can go both low and high.  

Radiant Seizure

peacexbass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:39 pm
MeiYanohi
Heya, I'm new around this guild... and I didn't see any thread for vocalists! Singing is my passion. I can sing alto, mezzo, and soprano ranges, and I enjoy singing jazz, gospel (although I am not religious), and R&B style music the most. I enjoy all genres of music as long as it is quality, from Christina Aguilera to Nelly Furtado to Johnny Cash to Utada Hikaru to Missy Elliot to Incubus.

I am psyched because I just got the female lead in my musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (I'm a narrator). Yay! xd Hopefully I will get off the ground with my desire to sing at open mic nights in clubs around the area... I would be in a band, but I don't know any musicians who are of a high enough caliber for me. crying

Share your vocal experiences and your vocal dreams here, I'd love to hear about them.

that last part was intensely arrogant,

i'm sure there are many musicians who oculd kill you you just havent found them or you're hanging out with bad musicians.

can you sight sing and read msuic?  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces