View Results

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:13 am
I thought Dime Store Magic was fabulous 3nodding A website programmer who's slightly overweight? Yah I can definately relate to her more than Elena. I was very entertained when she was comparing magic to C++.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:31 am
Paige is cool~ n.n

I don't understand any of the coding stuff, but she's still fun. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:02 pm
I don't understand much about coding either, but it would rock for me to be the graphic designer working with someone like Paige.

Maaan what I wouldn't give for a little magic in my life right now... Its feeling very mundane and full of drudgery. *sigh*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm
Agreed~ Magic would be fun to have. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:14 am
NightIntent
I finished Personal Demon. It was... decent. Good for other authors, but not what I've come to expect from Armstrong. There was a really idiotic plot twist having to do with Jaz and Sonny. The ending wasn't too bad. Compared to the early books, the entire thing was kind aof a let-down, though. I have to say, I love Karl. He's just such a fun character. The sad thing is, she doesn't add too much of his personality in the book. It was more prominent in the short story where she introduced Hope.

FaeDreamer: The first few books are amazing. Dime Store Magic is still my favorite in the series. Paige is probably my favorite of all the narrators. n.n
I love Karl as well. I thought he was really sweet to Hope.

I really didn't like the constant narration switch either. In "Beginnings," it was okay. But I felt that because it was Hope's book, she should have the last word. The ending left me feeling kinda "what? that's it?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:37 am
Rabid Nozomi
I love Karl as well. I thought he was really sweet to Hope.

I really didn't like the constant narration switch either. In "Beginnings," it was okay. But I felt that because it was Hope's book, she should have the last word. The ending left me feeling kinda "what? that's it?"

The ending was definitely pretty anti-climactic. As for the narration switches... doesn't having Lucas as the other narrator defeat the women part in the Women of the Otherworld series? n.n" It fit, I guess, because he was dealing with his father and cabals and everything, but he's still not a woman. XD It was just kind of weird. I'm looking forward to the next book, though.  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:55 pm
The next book will be narrated by a human woman. That's gonna be interesting.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 pm
Is it really? Weird~ I assumed that it was going to be narrated by Jaime again, because of the title. I guess that's what I get for assuming. XD  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 pm
What I'm really excited about is Frostbitten. It's going to be Clay and Elena. xD It's going to be released a year from now, which is kind of sad. D:

The cover art is really pretty, though the necklace looks terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:39 pm
Doesn't the next Women of the Otherworld book come out this month or something? That is pretty cover art for Frostbitten.

And has anyone read her new young adult series? I've been meaning to, but whenever I went to the bookstore after it came out, they didn't have it.  

NightIntent
Captain

Xenologista

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:58 am
I've only read The Summoning and Bitten. I'm reading Stolen now. It's way good. Ty Winsloe......... I want Clay to rip his head off. I will laugh and Cassandra seems quite annoying the way she's flirting with Clay.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:25 pm
NightIntent
Stateside and paperback. razz Honestly, I love Armstrong's series, but that book was kind of disappointing.

The next one comes out this fall sometime. I forget what it's called. I really hope it's better~

I wonder when the next Nadia Stafford book will come out. I loved Exit Strategy.

Hmm, I read Exit Strategy last night. I was disappointed. It just seemed really disconnected. I felt at the end there wasn't much of a resolution. The whole 'Jack and Nadia' thing was hinted at yet never concluded. A lot of the dialogue fell flat... and the way Jack spoke really got on my nerves...full sentences, dammit!

I don't know, I think most of the book was good, but it could have been better. Several times through reading, I found myself checking to see if Kelley Armstrong had actually written the novel. I would like to read more about Nadia though.

Going to try and get my hands on Personal Demon but right now I'm re-reading Bitten to reassert my good opinion of Kelley Armstrong. cry

EDIT:
It looks like she is writing another Nadia book - Made to be Broken - I guess that makes sense, I felt as though Exit Strategy hadn't concluded. Maybe that's because it was written as a book in a series...still, it doesn't make me feel any better about the book on its own. Hope the next book is better. I read the first few chapters - they're online - it sounds good.  

Saiwen

Kahahana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 pm
I bought Bitten and Stolen because of your wholehearted endorsement. I'm halfway through the first, and it's quite good.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 pm
I'm on haunted now, I have a strict policy of reading books in order  

Xenologista

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:22 pm
I read Made to be Broken a few months ago. I loved it. It was better than the first one, I think. I wish she was going to write more, but last I checked she had no plans to continue.

I haven't read the last two books of the Women of the Otherworld series. <.<" Just haven't gotten around to them. I don't like Hope as much as I was expecting.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff