Off the Clock Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:19 pm
Etienne is well on the way to finishing beer number three at this point. "I'm not saying college is a waste, Kali. For those like you and Phoenix, who, if you'll pardon a little condescension, are just starting your lives out, a college education can be an excellent tool to advance yourselves. I just don't see the benefit to me at this particular juncture."

He takes another bite of burger. "Unless of course, I wanted to become a doctor or something...worked for Connor MacLeod and my own teacher a while back." A beat. "Then again, if the three of you can convince me that it'd be good for me, I might pursue a degree for myself...part time, of course. Still have a business I need to run."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:25 pm
"Hey I hit forty in another few weeks thank you." Phoenix sounded slightly offended at his words, she was proud to make it to forty, no matter how old other people were in comparison. Didn't care about the collage topic still, after all she had her reasonings.

Kalika shook her head, but really she wasn't sure what else to add that wouldn't be overly rude as hell, was wiser to take a bite of her burger and polish off her drink. Well the drink part wasn't all that wise, she needed to switch to soda, would be wiser in the long run.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:57 pm
"Old? Now that I have to take offense to, you never call a woman old, don't you know that?" Veronica has to tease slightly, "Just wait, one day I can call you old." Of course she's always be older, as long as she was still around that is.

"Forty?" Okay now she was feeling old indeed, pulled a slight frown from her, and Kalika was even younger she knew, so this was rather sad. "Happy early birthday then I suppose."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:19 pm
Etienne laughs as the conversation goes out of context and the women start calling each other old. "I think I deserve a milkshake now, I really do." He can't keep guzzling beers, after all, he has to take the bike home. After he orders one, Etienne continues. "And who cares how old you all are. You're still going to look as young and scrumptious as you do now." He tickles Veronica again. "Especially you."

Moving on, "And as for college, another disadvantage for me is that I'd doubtlessly get roped into some fraternity or other, and subsequently be accused of contributing to the delinquency of minors."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:28 pm
"Scrumptious? Really now?" Phoenix had to laugh softly shaking her head in amusement, "Didn't know you thought about me like that, sweet really, but no." Had to pick on him some, otherwise things were be far to simple. "Have to agree that you'd play with minors in a bad way, very true, avoid collage at all costs."

Kali shook her head again, finishing off her fries and licking salt off her fingers, "Pretty sure age doesn't matter, or collage for anyone past a hundred. And remember what I said about flirting?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:31 pm
"I don't know, my fragile feelings are hurt now, I think you, Etienne, are going to have make me feel better later." So ignoring Kali and her words, wasn't her fault the woman was anti-anything right now, she was having a nice night playfully flirting.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:36 pm
Etienne laughs at Kali and Phoenix. "I wasn't flirting, I was observing. Of course, if you think my observations are wrong, I stand corrected." He winks, then turns his attention back to Veronica. "Oh, I think something can be arranged. I just went shopping a shor time ago, so there are all sorts of things I can cook up."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:54 pm
"I might still need more drinks." Was the muttered response from Kali, "Or bar hoping, might go bar hoping, play with people's head, go dancing maybe." Was her original plan for the night anyway before she had spotted Etienne.

Phoenix ended up sticking her tongue out, childish but it summed up her feelings at the moment, "I'm not bothered by flirting or observing as the case may be, it's cute." Random decision for sure, but she wasn't caring.

(And suddenly there's naked people, or close enough, and see-through people, gasp! lol, sorry had to say it)  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:58 pm
"That sounds wonderful, grown-up time if nothing else." Well if people were going to pick on her age she might as well have fun with the thought after all. "You're making me want a milkshake now though..." Trailed off on that thought, hadn't ever through a pub would serve such a thing really. Still she decided to order coffee instead, the caffeine sounded like a better idea, it had been a long day.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm
What kind of a pub would sell burgers and not sell milkshakes? Dawson certainly knew what he was doing when he got the place running it would seem.

"Bar hopping could be fun." Etienne says, "Though let's make it interesting...find something with a karaoke or open mic night or something. Been far too long since I played anything."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:32 am
"Might be able to pull off karaoke since it's friday, don't blame me if your ear drums burst." It was Phoenix that answered, but then she kept track of a lot of things randomly, including what bars she could and couldn't get into, that whole looking under-age factor. "It's going on a dozen blocks down the way though."

Well that left Kali with silence, she hadn't really had one in the first place past a shrug and a guess, problem with her wandering pointless mostly places, she wasn't exactly sure what was where by this point. Course one would think being hit by a car during one of her random wanderings about town would have cured her restlessness. "I'm not singing."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Veronica brightened slightly on that note, sounded fun and random, not her normal way of things, which was why it sounded like something good to do. "Never tried karaoke, could be fun." A slight shrug on that, felt some need to voice her thoughts.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:17 pm
Etienne laughs, smacking a hand down on the bar. "Good, then it's decided...next stop is a karaoke joint." He seems particularly excited at the prospect of cutting loose for a change...definitely having more fun with this identity.

"And why aren't you singing? You can always do 'I Shot the Sheriff. Sounds like a good choice for you." He winks.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:43 am
Kali just made a face at him, figured that would show her lack of amusment well enough at his words to skip saying anything, instead polished off her fries, before they got stolen by Phoenix. "Joy, let me get my tab all settled and whatnot." Course goodness knew she was here offten enough it hardedly mattered, she was well enough known of course.

There were giggled from Phoenix, singing, Kalika singing at that, could be halious, "I'll sing." She wasn't great at vocals, but then it was more for the fun than anything else. She just had to wait for them to finish up, she had paid for her soda when she got it.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 am
Eager to get in a little old fashioned carousing, Etienne decides to pay his tab early as well. "Two singing is better than none." He says, "Though three would be better than two. What do you say, Veronica? You've got the straightest day job out of all of us, so if anyone needs an excuse to cut loose for a little bit..."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Joe's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff