Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Halloween Contest (October 1st-31st) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 pm
My Entry  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 pm
can i draw chuckee -._-.  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cadillac Blood

Shirtless Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My high is low...
I'M DRESSED UP WITH NO PLACE TO GO!!

I want to join The Monsters team! <3

And all I know...
IS I'M AT THE START OF A PRETTY BIG DOWNER!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:37 pm
Yay~ Then I'll start on it! I already have it planned!  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Einsamwulf

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm
er?
"I want to join monster team"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 am
Kitsune_Uchiha1369
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is my entry, she's a fallen angel, having fallen from grace she now haunts people's nightmares, bring upon them their worst nightmares because that was her curse, when she fell she was forced to live her nightmares- over and over again, she may look angelic- but that's how she pulls you in.

I'm experimenting with my shading so I'm hoping I get some good feedback from this. ^-^

Done with a mecanical pencil and then just posted, I didn't really have time to actually color it if I even wanted too. ^-^' I'm going to bed so I can get to work tonight.

Cute entry! Added!
AbsentWhite
Here's my submission x__X
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/NikkiHughey/Ray/WitchContColored003.jpg

Good luck evereh bodeh O: !!!!!

Very nice! Added! smile
roseankitty
um question... would photomanipulation count?

Or does it have to be drawn out?

I guess you can enter that. I mean it IS art. I'll just have to judge it a bit differently.
manasstalker
^_^

heres my submission! <3
heeeereeeee
title:Madam Frankenstein body shop

hahaha yup so i bet you can guess whats going on in that blackend room hu? XD using the method they know best!
he does the body uh...altering <.< >.>
she helps the clients secide on their new uh..."modifications" rofl
in this pic she is conversing with you on what you might want to alter.... eek she says dont worry about the sceams though it hurts far more than it sounds (she never learnt how to comfort people...)
the ghost is just afriend visiting and the albino bat is her buttler of coarse smile

this was a blast to do and i had a great time drawing it ^_^

AWESOME entry! I love it!
Added! wink
Sapphirianna

Added! heart heart
Minasama no atatakai kisu
can i draw chuckee -._-.

Sure! 3nodding  

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 am
i think i might be entering into the contest... i just gotta see if i have enough time. i'm sure i can find some time in the month to do it. =) it just sounds like a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:57 am
I would like to join the ghouls please! biggrin  

Ayame Sunshine

K e e - C h u L

Friendly Citizen

9,275 Points
  • Married 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:00 am
i wanna join The Ghouls blaugh ! heart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 am
I want to join Team Monsters!!!

now i just need a background.... confused

corruptPaladin

7,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

starsearch789

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:31 pm
I want to join Ghouls team!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 pm
Simply Indigo
I guess you can enter that. I mean it IS art. I'll just have to judge it a bit differently.

User Image

lol, alright. .]

Well since I already submitted the picture I was going to enter onto DA... I'll just have to make another one. >] I love photomanipulation! -lol, as well as I have started to use it as my post layout... XDD-

Though I would draw it out if you said no. XDD

Edit:

I was just looking at how you will be judging the art...

You really don't have to change how you judge. ^^;; Or so I think.

Creativity can apply to Photomanipulation. After all, if a manipulation project lacks creativity, then there would be no reason to combine the photo's.
Flow is also a big part of Photomanipulation as you are trying to combine a lot of photo's -or a few- into one piece, and it needs to flow from one side to the other smoothly
Conveying the subject well This would be actually a bit harder to do so when using other photo's instead of drawing things out... As you have to find pictures to match your thoughts, and that can sometimes take hours to find just one picture. Then its all about your skill and how you combine what you have found.
Shading A lot of light changing and editing goes into a picture as even though the end product will look all natural with the lighting -if you do it correctly- all the pictures you take are not of the same light source or light placement. So there is a lot of work and effort put into changing how the lighting works.
Coloring Coloring is another thing that can happen in a photomanipulation project. It goes back to the flow thing, if the colors are not of simular family, or flow very well after you are done combining the photo's -unless its supose to look that way- obviously you didn't spend enough time with the Photo Colorization part. .]
Effort You can indeed tell if a photomanipulation project has had effort into it or not. I take pride in spending 4-5 hours on the photocombining its self, and at least and hour to three on the research aspect of the project. -Aka, finding the pictures, references, and instructions to do anything I don't already know how to do-

-All the above is just my view based on my experience with the type of art work-

So in my view... there really isn't anything that has changed on the judging bases... its just going to look differently then the traditional or the digital art. Then again, some people are so dang good at the digital art and the traditional that you have to ask them if they have proof that they actually drew it. .]

roseankitty

Mokumegane

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:34 pm
I want to join The Ghouls team. I have a few ideas... one is one of my favorite Halloween decorations.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 am
I ll join in The Ghouls team smile heart  

Vampire_Sayu

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 pm
roseankitty
Simply Indigo

User Image

lol, alright. .]

Well since I already submitted the picture I was going to enter onto DA... I'll just have to make another one. >] I love photomanipulation! -lol, as well as I have started to use it as my post layout... XDD-

Though I would draw it out if you said no. XDD

Edit:

I was just looking at how you will be judging the art...

You really don't have to change how you judge. ^^;; Or so I think.

Creativity can apply to Photomanipulation. After all, if a manipulation project lacks creativity, then there would be no reason to combine the photo's.
Flow is also a big part of Photomanipulation as you are trying to combine a lot of photo's -or a few- into one piece, and it needs to flow from one side to the other smoothly
Conveying the subject well This would be actually a bit harder to do so when using other photo's instead of drawing things out... As you have to find pictures to match your thoughts, and that can sometimes take hours to find just one picture. Then its all about your skill and how you combine what you have found.
Shading A lot of light changing and editing goes into a picture as even though the end product will look all natural with the lighting -if you do it correctly- all the pictures you take are not of the same light source or light placement. So there is a lot of work and effort put into changing how the lighting works.
Coloring Coloring is another thing that can happen in a photomanipulation project. It goes back to the flow thing, if the colors are not of simular family, or flow very well after you are done combining the photo's -unless its supose to look that way- obviously you didn't spend enough time with the Photo Colorization part. .]
Effort You can indeed tell if a photomanipulation project has had effort into it or not. I take pride in spending 4-5 hours on the photocombining its self, and at least and hour to three on the research aspect of the project. -Aka, finding the pictures, references, and instructions to do anything I don't already know how to do-

-All the above is just my view based on my experience with the type of art work-

So in my view... there really isn't anything that has changed on the judging bases... its just going to look differently then the traditional or the digital art. Then again, some people are so dang good at the digital art and the traditional that you have to ask them if they have proof that they actually drew it. .]

You're right! is that image going to be your entry?
It's fine if you already submitted it on DA.  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff