Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
My Confession Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:13 am
Actually, herbal teas can be quite nice. But...cold?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:41 am
*has never liked herbal teas*
Unless particularly hallucinagenic..  

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:19 am
Invictus_88
Cold, raspberry, tea?

eek

Have to admit, I'm with the Frostbitten one on this. I LOVE Raspberry iced tea. Would all but take your hand off for the stuff...And peach tea too....nummeh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:39 pm
my mum drinks this weird herbal stuff i nick named it "weed" because thats what i assume weed tea would taste and smell like! sweatdrop  

fwikin

alicelights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:33 am
This is blasphamy! eek
...oh dear, well. I must be accepting to those of other opinions... even about my loved ones (tea ---> loved one)

However, hot chocolate and apple tea are also good drinks... we can't all like the same thing, he he  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:50 am
I feel that a just solution to one dislike of the great British beverage (tea) would be the other great British beverage....Camp Coffee. With its tasty and refreshing blend of chicory sugar and coffee it can be blended with milk and its not all that bad. And if you are stuck on a foreign plain with no company the overtly Colonial packaging will remind you of dear old blighty!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

coolness42

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:25 am
You got that from the same site as the Colonial Crackers!

biggrin

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/

Now that is a cool site..  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:13 am
COLONIAL CRACKERS!!!!! biggrin a tasty treat no matter what part of the British Empire you are hungry in, the very gastronmical currency of the colonies!! Some would argue that trade, transport railways and ships tie the empire together but they underestimate the strong the bonds of colonial crackers. As the saying goes "the sun never sets on colonial crackers" ! biggrin  

coolness42

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:24 am
..until now, when most tins don't see the light of day. Unless through the dusty glass of a museum cabinet.

Such imprisoned glory.

cry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:44 pm
indeed what a dark and unglorious fate crying but lo if i could find a museum with colonial crackers sold within then i would visit that museum biggrin ......i'm wondering if maybe the V and A in London has a Colonial Crackers tin...possibly the Empire and Commonwealth Museum in Bristol!  

coolness42

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:45 pm
What percentage of GBG threads don't go OT? Approximately?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:49 pm
whapcapn

Errrr....well....you see, that's the thing about general conversation in the real world too. You start with one thing and then just....peel off in other directions.... stressed  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:04 pm
Longbow UK
whapcapn
Longbow UK
whapcapn
Invictus_88
Heresy, it's downright heresy. I sense treason in the ranks and I shall not stand for it! scream

That said, it's a free country. We fought Johnny Hun so that we could choose whether to drink tea or not to drink tea. It will be a sad day indeed when any British gaian has their will bent to that of another.

*sigh*

I say freedom of tea-drinking, like religion. Freedom to drink or to not drink tea. Equality for followers for Earl Grey and Darjeeling, Ceylon and Gunpowder or PG Tips and Tesco's own.

Freedom, to drink what you wish.

That's what the war got us!

Hear, hear.

3nodding

...That doesn't mean tea-sippers won't be frowned upon though.
stare ninja

Well. I feel that's a little rich, being in British Guild. After all, it is our national drink. Maybe reluctance to imbibe the aforementioned substance is nothing to be frowned upon; but I hardly feel it could be said that it would grant one an ascendency to those who commit this act, as if it were somehow degrading to the soul.

Our national drink!? Pffft. I will not swear allegiance to this heathen drink! It's about as British as the Volkswagen car! rolleyes

*Walks off frowning and mumbling*

Over here, there is a saying that something is as "American as apple pie." This is about the same as saying, "Champagne comes from Germany," just in case you missed that. If the US can claim apple pie, then we can claim tea, especially because we are freaking awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:58 am
illyrianth
whapcapn

Errrr....well....you see, that's the thing about general conversation in the real world too. You start with one thing and then just....peel off in other directions.... stressed

in my circle of friends it`s called a "buiscits to hellicopters" conversation.
one afternoon a conversation about the humble custard cream went on to eggs, protiens and unstable, long-chain molecules, through the express lifs tower in Northampton becoming a listed building , to building sites to air-sea rescues and the Wessex hellicopter.  

wodewose

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:28 pm
fwikin
my mum drinks this weird herbal stuff i nick named it "weed" because thats what i assume weed tea would taste and smell like! sweatdrop

This reminds me of one of my friends telling me how he wanted to use his moms teapot as a bong (I don't smoke so I have no idea how he was planning on doing this) but he was afraid he would forget to dump it out and his mom would think he made her some green tea and drink it.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff