Submit

do you skank?
  yes
  no (wait, WHAT?)
View Results

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:55 pm
Cheesette
eh heh, eh heh, eh... I've never skanked before... let alone been at a concert...ever sweatdrop My brothers don't even offer to drive me emo

((Wow, I never knew there were so many people in Michigan who liked Ska. I'm a Michiganian as well.))

So many people? You really need to get out.

The MI scene is one of the strongest I've witnessed not to mention the bands that've come from our scene. There are tons of people in this scene, and it's just getting bigger.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:00 am
i skank and 2step all differant ways.. to me it dont matter how u do as long as u do to show ur support to the band and have a good time.. but mostly i start a circle skank and then get in the middle and spin the opposite way with on of my friend.. when they take pics of it it looks cool.. :}  

Cheeky Ska Dude

bigjegs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:56 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
I missed the show too. ):
Friend's B-day party.
Anyway, I tend to constantly hop with small kicks and alot of shoulder and arm movement. Kind of like Skank+Swing.

yup thats how i do it too  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:32 am
My friends and I have a sang:

"There is no wrong way to skank....unless you're moshing."  

Trouble Or Nothing

Apocalyptic Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Champion 300

Canada3952

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:34 pm
minky_meister

hey i admit i prefer skanking but skoshing is pretty fun, you get to look like idiots and run into people all at the same time!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Canada3952
minky_meister

hey i admit i prefer skanking but skoshing is pretty fun, you get to look like idiots and run into people all at the same time!
Oh yea sloshing is pretty damn fun!  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Trouble Or Nothing

Apocalyptic Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:26 pm
5ubliminalM355ag35
Canada3952
minky_meister

Oh yea sloshing is pretty damn fun!
I completely agree. It's just annoying when I go to a show and there's always those couple of people just trying to hurt people. (I mean literally out there picking fights.) Because one of the things I love about ska and ska shows...is it's all about having a good time.

Just an observation...they're usually drunk bros. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:14 am
MonkieFeces
i don't know how to skank but i............BEESWAT yeah haha

HELL YEA! *highfive*  

Status Quo Joe

Sereph Slayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:17 am
I usaully lean forward and throw left arm and right leg forward at same time then do it with right arm and left leg.This works best with hardcore ska like Stuck Lucky (not well known) or more primal punk like The Carry-Ons.Its kind of like a combination of skanking and slam dancing.Ive never seen anyone else do it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:26 am
I never really thought about it. I just skank to my hearts content. And me and my friend at camp were tryng to prove that we could skank to just about any song.  

cynicalspiritvalea

Wheezing Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

AnarchyXCore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:12 pm
i cant rele skank, n the way i do it i get made fun of n ppl r like 'dude, thats not skanking, u hav no clue how to do it'. oh well, i think its funny. i basically hop back n forth swingin my elbows n switchin feet (hop to the right-use left foot, hop to the left- use right foot) n then i start bouncin around lookin like a total idiot, its quite funny actually  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:45 pm
Ok, I'ma make it real simple. It's how I teach my friends! :

*First start out with your legs shoulder width apart, and your arms up to your chest, like you'r gonna punch someone. Only it's to protect yourself. It can be very dangerous in a skanking pit, I know...
*Then, you start to skip in place (like jogging in place, only skipping)
*Then you swing your arms (not too much) alternating with your legs. (Like left arm w/ right leg, etc...)
*While doing so, lean forward a bit, really close to your body, but be sure you can see! Don't want you crashing into people!!

And TAADAA!!! You're skanking!!

Though recently I developed my own style. I sorta made it on accident.
I call it the Michael Jackson style.

I so the same thing as above, only with one hand holding my pants up (so they don't fall) and the other holding my two-tone hat in place (So It won't cover my face to much). And instead of skipping in place straight forward, I do it at an angle, so I move around more!!

But if you still can't skank, don't worry! Neither can my boyfriend!! xd  

PnkSktchr

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:05 pm
Canada3952
minky_meister

It has a name? Brilliant! I've been doing it anyway, good fun, and kinda essential at skacore gigs.

Otherwise, it's hard to describe how I skank, but a lot, including, for example, around my room today when I was tidying it.
I love dancing with someone else, it's lots of fun, and a good way to meet people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:03 pm
um...i skank like you're supposed to, but there isn't a complete way of doing it, no one cares how you do it.  

The Dadalorian

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:20 am
Chaos A.D.
um...i skank like you're supposed to, but there isn't a complete way of doing it, no one cares how you do it.

Oh they do, if you:
a - skank with a cigarette in your hand
b - manage to punch people lots

neither of those are good  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items