Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Britt's all over makeover 2.0 - 5 pounds! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:54 am
Lately, I've found that I have to get off the computer and do something to unwind several hours in advance of bedtime. For whatever reason, my brain is especially reactive to the computer (not so much to the TV though despite a lot of sources saying that both are on par for stimulation) and I can't just turn it off and go to bed unless I'm ready to collapse. Right now I've got a knitting project that I'm working on, a book I'm reading, and a game I'm playing on my DS as ways for me to unwind. A hot bath is also nice.

Try to form a routine for yourself at night. It doesn't matter what it is. It can be a cup of tea and a snack, an episode of your favorite show, or whatever. Just something that you can do every night before bed. Over time, your body will learn that those activities are signals that it's time to get sleepy and will actually start to respond that way.

Another thing that will help is being consistent in your waking up and going to bed routine. Might not be fun, but our bodies like, and respond to, habits.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 am
Being consistent is good advice... easier said than done though. Sometimes I take a walk a few hours before sleeping, get some fresh air and clear my head. It helps to unwind after watching TV and stuff as well.

Green/black/white tea might make it harder to fall asleep for some people who are responsive to caffeine... and have you tried valerian? If I have trouble sleeping I usually just take a pill one hour before bedtime for a week or so. Dunno if it actually helps, but I like to think so. =)  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:24 pm
Showers are SO relaxing for me. I always take one right before bed and when I lay down to dry and relax, I sleep like a baby. heart 4laugh

If you don't like sleeping late and waking up late, try going to bed early, like no later than 9 or 10. Then set an alarm clock for anywhere between 6am-8am and make sure the alarm is loud enough for you to hear it. Doing this for a few days will get your sleeping habits back on track.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:47 pm
User Image

I have been pretty sick this week.
Sorry for not updating, this Saturday my mom and i are going to set up the garage as a workout room and I'll start exercising again.
I think I have some sort of flu bug. Uhg.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 pm
Feel better. ;__; <33  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:40 pm
User Image

After a week of being sluggish and sick I finally shook that dern fever.
I still feel weak and I'm still coughing but i should be back tomorrow.
XP

If I'm up to it I'll be helping my mom convert the garage into a gym.
I cant wait, my friend gave me a Bicycle machine, Gazelle, Body By Jake, and some weights.
And my mom has a Treadmill, Ab Lounge, and we are about to by an AB Circle.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers