Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Disney's Alice in Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the movie?
  Yes of course!
  No.
  Its a bit strange...
  Why do you ask so many questions?
  I like gold.
View Results

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:30 am
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Depends really; I guess most people would probably be amazed by Wonderland at first.

Anyways I'm unsure why the Rabbit was even outside Wonderland. None of the other creatures ever seem to leave; what connection does he have to our world... and do any of the other inhabitants know of it? Well I suppose they do... after all the poem 'The Lobster Quadrille' mentions England and France; but still... Wonderland always seemed quite seperate to our world.

I guess another question would be what the Rabbit Hole actually is; and why does the Rabbit traverse it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 pm
I know I would, haha. I guess she just gets over it pretty fast. XD

Good point... I dunno. I suppose you could say that some creature had to be in the real world to trick a little girl into doing something as silly as attempting to climb down a rabbit hole, so for the sake of 'logic' he just had to be the start of the dream? But then you have to ask, why didn't she just poof automatically into Wonderland as part of the dream? Since she didn't that definitely shows that the White Rabbit has some tie to the real world.

Oooh... you know the 'what is the Rabbit Hole' question is a really good one. It's really the key to Wonderland, yet it's never really discussed at all once she's finished falling down it.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 pm

I mean it could just be a tunnel that leads to Wonderland; but it doesn't seem to act like just a normal rabbit hole, tunnel or well. Perhaps its more like a dimensional portal... like a wormhole... of course that would mean Wonderland resides in a different dimension to our own...

Then again it could just be magical? But still... I wonder if the Rabbit owns the Hall of Doors?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:53 pm
Yeah, good point. I've stepped in a lot of rabbit holes in my day, and none of them even hinted at being able to take me to another world. Not that I didn't try anyway, buuuut... XD And you know, who's to say it isn't? I mean, as previously stated, there are strong parallels between Wonderland and the 'real world'; maybe if the concept was available at the time, it really would be another dimension.

As for the Hall of Doors... hmm. He does seem to get through them without much trouble, doesn't it? I don't know, though... seems to me like something like that would be under the Queen's ownership. But like you said, the White Rabbit's the only one that seems capable of moving through it, and of even acknowledging that the 'real world' exists.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:37 pm
The new one? Or both? Hahah, I like both. But I do very much enjoy Tim Burton's movie. I love his movies as it is. I rather liked it because it was a mix of both "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Beyond the Looking Glass" stories.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:46 pm

@Kyoki: Well my first post did mention it was the 1951 movie. XD This topic is mainly about the animated movie adaptation. Feel free to dicuss it with us... and such and such.

@Marchy: And I wonder... why is there a link between both worlds... or how was it created? And does that mean that the Hall of Doors was created to house the entrance to Wonderland? Do you think we're looking too much into this?

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm
And such and such and such and such and suuuuuuch!

Ah, yeah... we're pretty much focusing specifically on the 1951 Disney cartoon movie, Kyoki. Dishing out the potential metaphysics and whatnot. XD

I think we're reading entirely too much into this. But it's fun, so why stop while there's still some things to discuss? ^__^

You know, that stands as the only logical reason for the Hall of Doors to exist, I suppose. I mean, Alice has a heck of a time getting through even the smallest of these doors, which leads one to believe that they were never intended to be passed through, at least not usually by someone like Alice. Because in this version, Alice never does solve the riddle of opening the doors; her tears carry her through. But then I guess the question becomes if they aren't to keep people out (since there was a key and things to help her shrink and grow to figure out the puzzle of the Hall of Doors), then maybe it was to keep the inhabitants of Wonderland in?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:01 pm

That's a point; and perhaps the Rabbit has been granted the ability to use the Hall of Doors by the Queen... though that doesn't explain why there were other creatures in the hall in the book. The whole aspect of there being a key and a puzzle seems like it might be there to test people who try to enter Wonderland first.

I wonder where the other doors lead to?

Azure Caterpillar

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am
Perhaps they lead to different parts of Wonderland. Or maybe specific rooms? @_@ this makes me rather curious now XD If only Wonderland were real. I should never get bored going through those doors. Plenty of places to explore.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:47 pm

I was thinking more like different parts of Wonderland; but yes I suppose they could just lead to different rooms... it seems more that way in the Disney version anyways.

Exploring Wonderland would be amazing. ^_^

Azure Caterpillar

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 pm
Yes I agree.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:16 pm
I like to think those Doors lead to Neverland, Halloween Town, Atlantis, and other magical Disney worlds. XD

In 'seriousness', though, I think I agree that they probably lead to different parts of Wonderland as far as Disney's concerned.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:21 pm
That would be very cool XD makes me want to play Kingdom Hearts. Even though I'm playing BBS right now lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah; or other parts of the Hall of Doors anyways. Wonderland seems pretty seperate from other worlds... except obviously the real world; as there is a connecting... er... portal thingy.

Any suggestions for our next topic of conversation about the movie?

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Haha, yus. Kingdom Heaaaaarrtssss... <3

Yeah... ah, the Hall of Doors/Wonderland in general; how mysterious you continue to be!

Hmmm... how about we talk characters? Like... ah... the Dodo. What did you guys think about Disney's portrayal of him for the movie? They mince his part quite a bit, but I always remembered him as being quite funny. ^_^ And quite easily overlooked by fans, I suppose... though he does have quite a small part.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((I hope this doesn't page stretch for anyone... if it does, let me know and I shall fix!!))

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games