Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:20 am
[ Day 19: Friday, July 30th, 2010 ]

Late Breakfast:
1 over easy egg veggie sandwich, made with broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, and olives, and 2 wheat slices of bread with LIGHT mozzarella cheese. 

Late Lunch:
Made 2 small wheat burritos made with vegetarian chilli beans (canned), broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, and olives. 1 avocado on the side. 

Dinner:
Small serving of mujudarah, 1 wheat tortilla, small glass of strawberry/banana smoothie.

Exercise:
Attempted Week 1 / Day 2 of C25K. (Sunday will be the next time I run, so I'm going to really push myself and try harder)

Tip of the day:
Drinking at least 8 oz of water before a shower can prevent heat stroke and high blood pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:06 am
Reading your journal is making me hungry. Everything sounds so good! Do you actually cook all that stuff, or do you eat out? You seem to be getting a cazy variety of vegetables every day. I'm mostly confined to tomatoes, cucumbers and capsicum, and that's pretty much it...  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:41 pm
I cook at home. I grocery shop for the things I need, then I cook every day. I'm trying to stay away from eating out, because I always feel like I over eat. But yea, those smoothies are home made, and the breakfast stuff I eat is home made.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:51 pm
Hm, those dishes you make sound very interesting... would you mind including recipes if you have the time and don't mind? Your diet is varied and sounds fantastic, I might venture out of my salad-and-chicken-breast hole and try something new. x) <33  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:26 pm
Stars in my Pocket
Hm, those dishes you make sound very interesting... would you mind including recipes if you have the time and don't mind? Your diet is varied and sounds fantastic, I might venture out of my salad-and-chicken-breast hole and try something new. x) <33

Lol yes of course! I'll try to find my mom's cook book and I'll add the recipe for mana-eesh, falafel, and mujudarah (these are all vegetarian middle eastern plates and I have no idea if I'm spelling them correctly sweatdrop ). Those are some of my favorites that she knows how to cook.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:52 pm
[ Recipes ]

Eggplant Parmesan:

Ingrediants:

(This is a substitute to chicken parmesan)

1 eggplant
3 eggs
bread crumbs
tomato sauce (or flavored/seasoned spaghetti sauce works too)
parmesan cheese and/or mozzarella cheese

Steps

1) Cut the eggplant into slices, each about 1/2" to 1" thick.

2) Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, mix them together until they are throughly mixed and consistent.

3) Pour the bread crumbs in a seperate bowl or plate.

4) A small Stonewear is probably them best type of pot to cook them in, or you could use one of those small aluminum dishes.

Using a pair of tongs, take each slice of eggplant and dip it in the mixed eggs so that it is covered (but not drenched, so only for a few seconds!) and then lay it on the plate with the bread crumbs. Cover both sides of each slice of egg plant with bread crumbs, then lay them in the stonewear or aluminum dish.

5) Pour spaghetti sauce on top of each slice (you can put as much as you like depending on how much you want) and then pour either parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese on top (also as much as you like).

6) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, cover the stonewear or aluminum dish with the lid, and let it cook for about 15-20 mins (maybe less depending on how strong your oven is). They cook pretty fast because it's eggplant and not chicken. If it were chicken, it would take about 30-40 mins.

You can cook them until the cheese is melted.

Optional:
I like to eat raviolli stuffed with spinnage and ricotta cheese with alfredo sauce on the side with this dish. I usually just buy the pre packaged stuff and boil it in water for about 10 mins or until large and soft.

Hey, why don't you guys request specific recipes, like if you see that I ate something that you don't know how to cook, ask me, and I'll put the recipes. What other recipes would you guys like?  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:46 pm
Ooh, that actually sounds good! I haven't had eggplant since I was little, and I can't recall if I liked it or not. But that recipe sounds slammin'! :D

My tastebuds need a vacation! haha. A falafel recipe sounds epic, I love love love it but have only had it in Europe (I was overseas last summer and they had falafel stands all over Austria and Germany - go figure) and I don't have a clue how to make it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:18 am
Ok no problem. =D I'll find the falafel recipe some time. (maybe Monday, it's my next day off)  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:22 am
[ Day 20: Saturday, July 31st, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
Egg veggie sandwich made with 1 over easy egg, diced white onions, bell peppers, and olives. 2 wheat slices of bread with light mozzarella cheese

Afternoon snack:
1 apricot, one glass of strawberry/banana smoothie mixed with orange juice

Lunch:
Small amount of mujudarah, with 1 wheat tortilla. 

Snack:
Small handful of almonds and cashews

Dinner:
2 small veggie burritos made with veg chilli beans, olives, bell peppers, broccoli, light onions and mushrooms, light mozzarella cheese, and 2 wheat tortillas. 1 avocado. 

Not enough water today

Tip of the day:
Invest in weights! Muscles and a toned body looks better than fat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:59 am
Mmm, that sounds fantastic! Easy too, I just can't comprehend complex recipies. We usually fry our eggplant and then do stuff with it, but it sucks up oil like crazy so I imagine it's not very healthy (though delicious on toast). I'll try your recipe some time.

By the way, if you're looking to tone then yoga is a great way! It tones evenly too, and you don't need a lot of room or materials. Except classes, if they're serious, can be quite expensive -- but eventually when you gather enough knowledge you can actually do it at home.  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 am
[ Day 21: Sunday, August 1st, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
Scrambled 1 egg with veggies (olives, bellpeppers, broccoli, and cauliflower) 2 wheat tortillas

Lunch:
1 BBQ'ed garden patty with white bun, lettuce, ketchup, and more added veggies. 1 bbq'ed baby corn on the side

Dinner:
Ate out at Natures Grill. Ordered 1 bowl of split pea soup (only ate half) veggie lasagna made with spinach noodles, ricotta cheese, marinera sauce, garlic bread on the side (the lasagna was a small serving but still pretty filling) and shared veggie nachos (appetizer) with Matthew. 1 mixed berry smoothie (strawberries, blueberries, and apple juice)

Exercise:
A lot of walking through out the day. 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 am
[ End of week 3 ]

194 lbs!! Yay!! Lost 1.4 lbs!! Woohoo!! I'm glad I actually lost something this time instead of losing nothing or gaining.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm
[ Day 22: Monday, August 2nd, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 egg veggie sandwich made with 2 wheat slices of bread, 1 over easy egg, LIGHT mozzarella cheese, and veggies (olives, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower).

Afternoon snack: 
Pretzel bites (plain) with nacho cheese. (I went to the movies with a friend)

Late Lunch:
1 tilapia filet (small, boneless, skinless) mixed with veggies and soy sauce. Small amount of raw veggies with low fat, low cal ranch dressing.

Dinner:
Veggie lasagna and a glass of horchata.

Need to drink more water!

Just a rant:
I feel like I over ate today. I was fine till I pigged out on the veggie lasagna...I only got one serving, but calorie-wise, I think it was 2 servings...... gonk

And I didn't even get to run or walk today. I'm definitely going to run tomorrow. I want to push myself as I'm running. I don't want to just easily give up after 20 seconds of jogging....I want to push myself to the 60 second limit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:08 am
Wow, I love how you call 1 serving of veggie lasagna "pigging out". razz Wish I had your standards.

Pushing yourself when you run is the only way to improve. Right now 20 seconds might be comfortable, but if you continually push that limit then 60 seconds will become your regular time and the bar will be higher. Gotta take that bull by the horns and when you're done, you won't regret it. =)  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:17 am
Sunsway
Wow, I love how you call 1 serving of veggie lasagna "pigging out". razz Wish I had your standards.

Lol, It was a frozen thing of lasagna from Stouffers. The label said it has 12 servings, but when I cut it, I cut only 9 servings. So 1 piece was worth more than 1 serving. sweatdrop And I felt really full after that... gonk But then again, I felt like I was starving for some reason....eventhough I ate enough food, it's probably because I haven't exercised in a few days.

Sunsway
Pushing yourself when you run is the only way to improve. Right now 20 seconds might be comfortable, but if you continually push that limit then 60 seconds will become your regular time and the bar will be higher. Gotta take that bull by the horns and when you're done, you won't regret it. =)

Thanks biggrin I have to try much harder, I don't wanna get lazy and start gaining weight. Wow, it's really late here, getting pretty sleepy =_= G'night.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff