Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:01 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey, do you guys remember that one hit wonder band Finger Eleven? Well, they have a new single that's supposed to be really good. It's called, "Living In A Dream", and it's gonna be followed by an album in November. The album is called, Life Turns Electric, which I think is a rather good name. Most likely related to the worlds modernization.
Want some lolz? The post grunge group, Third Eye Blind, is having a garage sale. The interesting part about this is that they're selling the drumset that they used to record their second studio album, Blue, with. The kit is supposed to match the album cover a little bit, so it's a lightish blue, kinda sparkly, and has some black accent. It's a nice kit and I'm sure TEB enthusiasts are gonna grab that thing up like (snap) that!
So, I've been hearing lots about this whole BLACKDIAMONDSKYE tour thing and frankly, it's annoying. But, I'll ignore it and tell you who's in it. It features the unlikely pair of Alice in Chains, Mastodon, and Deftones. (Deftones blow total a*****e) The tour has to be halfway done but if you're interested I'd see it. After it's over AIC should be working on a new album so the sooner it's over the better.
Haha, I was so suprised from this last night: The Melvins are performing in my town next week. I don't really care for Melvins, but none the less, what suprised me was that they're still together!? It's been like 20 years of suck for them. Who would pay for them to tour? They're so 90s punk grunge it's amazing that anyone who pay for them to travel the country. Well, whatever, glad to hear that they've survived the death of music.
Oh my god! So, I had already told you about Taylor Hawkins & The Coattail Riders I know, but now there's another Foo Fighters side band! Chris Shiflett & The Dead Peasants! Chris is the FF's lead guitarist for those of you who didn't know. I haven't heard The Dead Peasants music yet, but I have no idea what to expect. Should be decent I imagine.

Song of the Day - -

Chapter Four - Avenged Sevenfold
Okay, Maybe Nightmare was a bit of a disgrace, but A7X had some amazing s**t back on City of Evil and Waking The Fallen. One of which was "Chapter Four". The song's filled with plenty of melodic guitar solo's and plenty of raw metal breakdowns. There's quite a few points in the song where it get's pretty ambiant and slow, but it holds it's intensity throughtout with the entrances and excusings of chanting vocals. At the beginning of the song, you get some strong open D break-beats followed with a double vocal verse, one screaming one singing. It's then led through the powerful uprising into a fast, catchy, transition that get's into a solo. It's just an amazing song, go listen to it guys.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Summer Update

I need new jeans bro! Maybe some darker ones... Whatever, I need to do some school shopping soon. Only have until the 9th of September.
Today's also me and Em's jammy day, probably gonna end up watching Rocky Horror Picture Show on the computer today and PS, we didn't go to the theatre for it last night. It's gonna be next Saturday.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

I hate liking Incubus and then looking at my Incubus selection and going, "Damn, I only kept like 7 songs off of 3 albums.
It bugs the ******** out of me as well that Tiger Army, you know, big rockabilly punk act, uses japanese style on their albums. They A. Aren't japanese, and B. They're not supposed to be weeaboo f** whores. God damn I hate Japan and everything it's done. I'm always so confused why I use gaia...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 pm
1X2I3N4G 5L6Y7N8X 9H10O11U12R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Yeah! I'm pumped! Guess who's new album is out tomorrow!? Goo Goo Dolls! Inner Machines is going to be released tomorrow, no joke. And for those of you who care... They will be continuing to add on tour dates to their schedule, so if they weren't near you before, keep checking.
On the note of album releases... Stone Sour is releasing their long awaited, Audio Secrecy, on September 7th. So just a few more weeks. "Say You'll Haunt Me", was designated as the first single and is going to be on the album just so you all know. It's been way too damn long since Stone Sour has been active. It's most likely because of the Paul Grey event in Slipknot. It's sad that Paul's gone but musically, it's appearing to be for the better. Let's hope Stone Sour is still gonna be as amazing as they were on Come What(ever) May and before.
I just learned that on my birthday, (August 27th) The Toadies did an unplugged show. Not here of course, no good bands come here. But the point is that maybe the unplugged shows are comin' back! Train did it not too long ago as well! These bands are gonna bring a little piece of the 90s back.
I've recently been getting into the stoner rock music a little more. You know, Dozer, Truckfighters, Fu Manchu... Right, you don't know. It's not a very popular genre. Well, last night, I got the first two Queens Of The Stone Age albums (Self titled and Rated R) and I'm pretty happy I did. I ended up looking up the Palm Desert scene stuff and it's all pretty cool. It's like the metal version of grunge. Most people know Qotsa but try to expand it. Kyuss and The Wipers as well as the previous 3 mentioned are all good.
For you guitarists who don't know how to play/and/or/run equiptment well, the guitarist of Social Distortion, Mike Ness, will be in guitar world magazine showing his rig, effects, and a little bit of his playing style. It should be the August addition, which is out...

Song of the Day - -

Flunky - Greenhaven
Stoner rock! "Flunky" has incredibly catchy verses and a rather repetive yet addicting riff throught those verses. It's a very well structured song so it's easy to follow. It has a solo that follows through into a bridge and it really gathers momentum into the rest of the song. It's just heavy, dirty, catchy, and awesome! Go listen to this s**t!

- - Summer Update

Gonna get Subway for dinner since my bro's over. Well, Me, him, and my baby doll are gonna be going out for Subway I should say.
I am lovin' my new guitar!

Ugh... I'm pretty chill right now actually. Nothing's setting me off like usual. Sorry?

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:59 am
XING LYNX HOUR

- - - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

You guys wanna hear a grooby song? "The Way", by Fastball. It's an oldie somewhat, but it's a relaxing song. It's almost raggaeish, it reminds me a lot of some Sublime stuff. It has this post-grunge, punk tone with a raggae hint. It's just chill.
I have been discussing with my bro (Leviathan Delgado Dragomir, real name) and we've decided. When you think of Alternative emtal, the leaders of the genre come out as Chevelle, Crossfade, and Breaking Benjamin. Papa Roach would have made it if they didn't turn gay at the immediate release of "Lifeline". They used to be good! Ahhh! Regardless, B Benji is my favorite of the group of course, such a Benji fan.
I'm too lazy to back trace my steps to realize if I already mentioned this or not, but either way... I'll say it again! If you like Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, check out Mad Season. Layne Stayley is the vocalist and it sounds a lot like AiC anyway, but with a bit more S Garden feel. I like the songs, "Above" and "I Don't Know Anything" so look those ones up. Simply because I told you to.
Senses Fail's new album will be out October 26th. There's the good news of the day, smile from it. It's titled, The Fire, real original I know. Oh well, it's probably still gonna amazing. Maybe a little poppier though.
Do you like Stoner Rock and rap? If so, you're one oddball. but I have a band for you odd one! Well, artist... Mason Jennings. The song I recommend is "Aint No Friend of Mine" simply because I know no others.
If you guys missed it, because I know i did besides the single "Collapsing". Demon Hunter had an album back in March titled, The World Is A Thorn, funny, since it slightly refers to their single, "Thorns". I've recently been hearing some stuff off of it and it's alright. The vocals are a bit brighter but instrumentally they're heavier than ever.

Song of the Day - -

When Angels Fly Away - Cold
The amazing Alt metal band pulls out an amazing song! "When Angels Fly Away", has an incredibly powerful, yet slow, riff that drives the song. It's a very low, muted, and distorted riff at that. The chorus is powerful and builds as it progresses through the song. The song has a high resembelance to how Breaking Benjamin writes their music, so if you like Benji as much as i do you'll look at this song and realize that Cold should definetly be more famous.

- - Summer Update

I had a good day today. Sorta... I've been rather chill all day. Been playin' Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, and soon Halo 3 with my buddy Leviathan. Oh, and listenin' to Pandora.
I got to play my new gnor for the first time with a brass slide! OH MY GOD! So hilarious and fun! Blues are nothing in comparison to blues-metal with that slide.
I got some good trollin' done tonight. Gaia sure does get mad about opinions especially when they promote abortion and the burning of the jews. So many people got mad. Ironically, i made a friend from it all.

- - dolofonos daimonas Drift

Sorry it's been a while since my last segment in the Xing Lynx Hour, but I've had some work to do, people to meet, school to attend, you know the drill. Anyways, I have written and will continue writing some very serious lectures about the game industry and the controversy it faces day-in and day-out. So here's my first installment "video games and the female audience" please read it fully. I know it's long, but it is important to me, my friends, and hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. Girl gamers Article continued...

I hate BrokeNCYDE with a burning passion. At least metal act Silverstein does too. And Senses Fail... And Gallows... And Killswitch Engage... Yeah, all smart people hate BrokeNCYDE.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:56 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So this is kinda nifty; Stone Sour is gonna be on Cinemax tonight at 9:50 pm talking about their lives on tour and what it's like to be on tour. I figure there'll be a few questions asked relating to when the band will be leaving the USA, and heading to Europe.
The Crash Kings released a youtube video of them in the studio playing an evolution of rock guitar, with no guitar. They used a keyboard with a lot of distortion. But it's a mixture of covers including Black Sabbath, Queen, ACDC, ect... It's about 4 minutes and 20 seconds on the Crash Kings Youtube channel if you're interested in watching. (It's exact name is "Evolution of Guitar Rock - With No Guitars") vIt's a pretty cool jam and I suggest you guys check it out.
I have recently been expanding my musical vocabulary by a lot. Like just recently, I've become a massive fan of At The Drive-In, who I had know but never realized how good they truly were. In the process of falling in love with them, I re-fell in love with Sparta! Tonight I'm going to get the rest of Sparta's albums because yesterday I got all 3 of AtDI's. So, my music is getting a lot more post hardcore in it!
iTunes made this new update today and... Damn! It's spiffy and so far I don't see any errors in it. It was a huge update but so far it's just a visual thing. I also think it's shuffling got a little better. Whatevs, it's a nice change.
I haven't spoken much of Ash. If you're a little indie kid, you NEED this band. They're so indie they drink coffee out of their mac books, and wear 3 pairs of plastic glasses! Ash is rather unique so I can't define their sound exactly, but they are an indie rock band who does better when they do ballads such as; "So The Story Goes" and "Somedays". Check them out if you're into The Killers, Crash Kings, Jimmy Eat World, or even Cake. In fact, now that I think about it, they have quite a big feel of geek rock influence. Huh. So Weezer's also a good relative.

Song of the Day - -

Arcarsenal - At The Drive-In
"Beware!!!" is all I need to say. But i'll be nice and add more. The song is rather fast paced and not too long. It has a kind of long intro... 30 secondsish. Of just ambient noise. Once it get's into it thoguh it's an amazing song with aggresive sound and pauses so the introduction to each verse can come in with a boom. It's an amusing song but you just have to love the chorus. You'll understand me when you hear it.

- - Summer Update

I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show last night, in the theatre. I was A. laughing my a** off, and B. Not suprised, but entertained by the crowd's sick sense of humor. I was of course a "virgin" at the event and got ******** by the entire audience, literally. For those of you who know the event you know what I'm talking about. It's... Yeah... I also of course told my Emmy every outfit I liked, but not for me of course. For her. It was overall an amazing night because not only did I have fun there, I got to come back and spend the night with my baby bear. Amazing saturday night.

The actors in Rocky Horrow blew. The ones who were there did a good job, but Frankenfurter was a girl, that completely kills the point. And Brad was a little kid. Like, 10 maybe? He also wasn't subject to any of the sex stuff because well, he's 10. He also had to dress in mega-f**-drag and will be forever labelled by me as, "MEGA f*****t".

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:39 pm
?X?I?N?G? ?L?Y?N?X? ?H?O?U?R?

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Just got Attila's newest album, Rage. It's actually really good. Only 3 tracks on the album I didn't care for. My favorites so far are "Jumanji" and "Rage", although I should listen to it more until I get concrete about it. Oh, did I not mention? Attila is some of the rare death metal I think is good. Their screaming is really unique and much higher than most screamo screamers.
Under-rated Red Hot Chili Peppers song time! "Shallowed Be Thy Game". It's a really good funk song by them and I absolutely love it! It's on One Hot Minute if you're interested in find it and no, it doesn't make any lyrical sense.
Most Pearl Jam albums past their grunge days are disregarded as 'total suck', which is often correct. But, the Binaural album was an acception. It has some amazing songs like "Light Years", "Breakerfall", and the ukelele song with a rather ridiculous ammount of emotion, "Soon Forget". If you want more of a rock album with an actual focus on an emotional quality, (Much Like Pinkerton) check this album out.
Lars Ulrich, of Metallica, (The drummer for all of you retarded twats) is gonna be featured in a documentary called, Saxon: Heavy Metal Thunder - The Movie, it's about the band Saxon's career, well derp. Lemmy, of Motorhead (Yet another obvious one I still need to point out) also speaks in the video. Not sure where you can get the movie but it sounds kinda cool. Check it out if you can.

Song of the Day - -

Monsters In The Parasol - Queens Of The Stone Age
The song is repetitive, I know. It's catchy as clamidia though. The constant distorted 8th notes drive the song much alike their hit, "Go With The Flow". Alos, It has this uncanny hint of The Strokes indie like swagger to it. If you like The Strokes or Qotsa you should give this song a chance.

- - Summer Update

I need to get strings for my american apperel jackets bro! I got jeans today and realized I enjoy tighter, darker jeans a lot more. Mainly for the dark part. (It's a cover up, it's nice on the legs quite honestly)
I got Facelift today! Alice In Chains's debut album. It's probably their best but it's close to Dirt. I haven't heard all of it yet but I'm loving the s**t out of it so far. I learned of a new song I actually had never heard, "Sunshine", it's hella tight bro!

Dude, I've been so happy recently. I don't even pick on the other members of this guild anymore. I love not being angry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 pm
X I N G L Y N X H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I'm gonna talk about a bunch of songs with some sweet guitar solos today. Not 'shred master' solos, but good ones. I am not gonna mention faggotforce (Dragonforce) or any other like them.

"Heaven's Already Here" by Collective Soul
It's a really calm song with lots of guitar fills. It's mostly acoustic but the fills that come in are a clean electric guitar with a lil' bit o' 'verb. The end of the song goes out with a melodic solo that repeats about 4 times but each time it adds intensity, it's tight. Trust me.
"Invincible" by Muse
Strange enough that it is for me to mention Muse for a solo respect thing, but Matthew Bellamy isn't actually bad at guitar. He just can't play and sing at the same time. Besides, he's a much better piano player. The solo in "Invincible" is basically 2 guitars at once even though it isn't, it's done with wammy and a combination of tapping and bends with the index finger. It's a crazy solo that sounds really good.
"Inside Us All" by Creed
It's odd for Creed to have guitar solos because even Mark Tremonti, (The guitarist) admits he wasn't a very good guitarist in the days of Creed. "Inside Us All"s solos begin abotu halfway through the song and continue to the end with entrances and exits scattered throughout. It's all during the chorus which gives it a very powerful effect.
"Entrance of The Conflagration" by Trivium
I have always been a fan of Trivium's guitar solos and simply, guitar work. Well, the songs solo's come in about the middle of the song but it lasts for a long time and brings in a lot of different musical styles of guitar into it. There's a strong sense of metal playing clearly, but also a hint of blues and 90s alternative. It's an interesting listen quite honestly.
"Runaway" by Bon Jovi
The solo to "Runaway" isn't an insane one like a lot of Bon Jovi solos, but it's a bend and slide heavy sol owhich makes it sound like it was made to be played on an acoustic guitar. It's not too complicated thoguh, I think the solo would be a little better if there was a bit more length to it.
"Tarantula" by Smashing Pumpkins
Okay. This song has some beautiful soloing. Billy Corgan set up a dual guitar solo that's very pitch harmonic (Squeel) accentric and it flies into the rest of the song in such finesse. The solo has decent length but I think it could use a little (Just a hint) more of insanity to it. It does have more solo near the end though, in the last chorus. Not bad either.
"This Is Such A Pity" by Weezer
I know what you're all thinking. WEEZER!? It's not crazy, not like "Dope Nose", but that's a retarded song. The solo to "This Is Such A Pity" is EPIC. Very epic and medieval sounding. It's a very repetive mix of dualing guitar solos (About 3 guitar parts) and hammer-ons that repeat the previous guitar.
"Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart" by Stone Temple Pilots
Interesting distortion to it for sure. It's crunchy but also very mechanical sounding. Like... Cheesy almost. The solo itself is rather crazy and really bend accentric. It uses a repeating strategy throughout the whole solo where it plays each 1 measure riff twice. It's a really nice piece of shredding in my opinion.
"Know Your Enemy" by Rage Against The Machine
This song, by the way, blows d**k. But the solo! It's just god. It's my favorite guitar solo to date. It's just absolutely ******** amazing! Crazy wacky distortion, barred shredding, (Use of bar chords to 'shred') squeels, sweeping, melodic progressions! Mmm! Tasty piece of solo!
"Man Or Animal" by Audioslave
Another Tom Morello piece to close off the night. The solo isn't insane, at all. But it is very well put together and fits perfectly into the song. It's use of off key progression and spiralling squeels make it a very unique solo. It's just great.

Song of the Day - -

Still I Rise - Shadows Fall
Ironic enough that this amazing Shadows Fall song has the world 'rise' in it, it's so good. I suggest this song to you metal listeners who don't care about how brO0tAl your metal is, and actually care about it being good. The song's a rather soft song for SF but it's incredibly catchy, melodic, and it still has shredding guitars. It's featured on the album Retribution which I actually got today. I've been getting lots of albums recently.

- - Summer Update

Getting s**t tomorrow! Like, jacket string.

Oh yeah, I should mention this. I'm a crew member in Golden Palace now. I can now delete any posts made in this thread including other peoples. I no longer have to hate you if you post a comment in here. But I'd prefer if you didn't still. In fact, don't even think about it.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:00 pm
/X/I/N/G/ /L/Y/N/X/ /H/O/U/R/

- - - With additions from the EmilyRaynebow!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I've been listening to lot's of Sparta and At The Drive-In like I said, and I've come up with a realization about Sparta; Their first album, Wiretap Scars, kinda sucked. The songs just all sound too similiar. I do however like a few songs off of it. "Light Burns Clear", being one of them
Speaking of At The Drive-In, I think I wanna get my band onto that kind of sound. (Post-hardcore punk) But I gotta find out if our guitarist is into that kind of stuff, I figure he would because he likes bands who like them or have some similarities. Like, Yellowcard mixed with Silverstein. (Which he likes both of those bands)
Cool TV news! Jimmy Eat World will be on the Late Show with David Letterman o Sep. 24th. They'll probably play some new stuff and "The Middle". Should be cool.
Queens Of The Stone Age will be performing in the legendary city of Reading. Why's it so legendary? Okay, f** time. Because Nirvana had a legendary show there. That was made into an album you know... 15 years later? Whatever, it's cool that Qotsa is playing there.
You know who comes up in every restraunt? Even asian restraunts for some reason... Counting Crows! It's not bad that they do, but... Why? They're just so calm yet still 'rock' in their own little alternative way. It's the same thing with Matchbox Twenty, but that's not so weird because people actually like Matchbox Twenty. Why? Because they're good, derp.

EmilyRaynebow Minute - -

I'm anxious to hear My Chemical Romance's new album when it comes out. It's been a few years sonce The Black Parade, but apparently this album is going back to their old roots. Very exciting. Hopefully they'll be able to pull it off. I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me You Love was their best album, and their best one they'll ever write. Sad thing is, they will most likely break up after this album. They all have families now, and they're gettin to the point where they don't have fun amymore. Boo for them.
Nobody I know hates Attila. Even Austin, who hates that kind of music, loves them.
So I have a few concerts I'm going to see. August Burns Red with my buddies, Jamie and Max. Seeing Enter Shikari with my love, and then Pierce the Veil for the sixth time. Speaking of concerts, I want to see Billy Talent again. So. ********. Bad.
AFI pisses me off so bad. They used to be so amazing! Now they're just full of suck and s**t. Oh well, eventually everyone goes mainstream. In my opinion, one band that has changed for the better is From First To Last. Ever since Sonny left, they're been so much more amazing.
In other news: I ******** WANT SOME KIND OF MP3. NOW. And, school starts tomorrow.

Song of the Day - -

Crawl - Sparta
The song has a high My Chemical Romance feel to it, mainly because it's a lot tighter sounding than most of Sparta's work. (Tight, meaning organized, not cool) The song is a bit different in comparison to some of Sparta's other work but I think it's probably their best song. Definetly the best song off of Threes. The song has a very powerful chorus and I personally think the first few lines of the chorus are absolutely amazing. Here they are;
"The difference between
Finding what you love,
And loving what you found
Is killing us right now
It'll always be true,
Living as one
Beats dying as two
We both know this can't go on"

- - Summer Update

Ugh, school starts tomorrow and I half panicked abotu what to wear. Well, actually. I knew what I wanted to wear but was determined to wear my red converse and red american apperel jacket. Those were the neccesary's for tomorrow. I figured it out, thank god.
I have choir everyday! That's be sweet! Downside time... It's everyday at 7am. ******** style="color: green">- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

People who complain about the weather where they live. Move if you hate it so much! Or if you say, "Wah! I can't move!", but you can always kill yourself b***h.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:56 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I have a new band in my vocab; The Crash Kings. I don't know em' too well yet, but I will be looking into them sometime. They're pretty dang good! If you guys don't know em, they're like a cross between Kings of Leon, Stone Temple Pilots, and The Killers. If you like that blend... Do that s**t!
Are you an instrumental listener? Or perhaps a techno, or rave fan? Muse has a song that I think is rather cool. It's got piano, dubbed drums, repetitive beats... No vocals... It's called, "The Gallery". It's off of Hullabaloo Soundtrack and it's the last track featured on it. (Excluding live performances)
Okay... This is pathetic; Coheed and Cambria is touring with... Guess who? How fail is this; Deftones. Polar opposites at all??? One's happy, mid tempo, high singer... The other is slow, repetitive, deep, dark... lolwut!? Deftones were with Mastodon and Shadows Fall before and that's... Okay, I guess... But this is ridiculous.
On a randomly related note... I got all of Shadows Fall. They aren't as good as I always thought, not bad though. I say this because I only kept about 4 songs per album. Threads of Life and Retribution were the best I do have to say.
Why is it that people who like classic heavy metal, like it all? Have they suddenly lost taste? If somebody is a serious Metallica fan, they're nearly bound to like Judas Priest, and because of that, it leads to Megadeth. And then Iron Maiden! What's with that? They're all very different but they seem to love them all if they like even one. I find that so dumb.
I love it when bands are into what their fans have to say! Take Trivium for example, just last week they had asked their fans on Facebook, "How did you guys find us? From a friend? Concert? Or something else... Tell us your stories!" I just think it's honorable to care about your fans enough to ask. Whether you really read it or not...

Song of the Day - -

Comfort Eagle - Cake
Emmy got me into this song and I head it with her today, I figured it was time to share it with you guys. "Comfort Eagle" is named after the album, Comfort Eagle, and it's a bit of a heavier, dronish song than the rest of Cake's music. It has a keyboard line that sounds very egyptian and it's a really catchy song with some interesting lyrics. If you're a lyric nut, please try to decipher the song and see what you think it's about. I'd love to hear. Who knows; Maybe it'll show up on the article... Hint hint.

- - Summer Update

First day of school, not so bad. But I forgot to tell my guitar player that we should be a post-hardcore group. I bet he lieks that stuff though.
Picture retakes tomorrow. Have to go cause I missed registration. But hey, I get a picture in my forest green v neck.

Stoners. They make themselves look like such retards! And then they act like they're cool. Da ********? Add up the logic, you're killing yourself: Cool.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:37 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

You wanna know a great song? It's not really an easy to cross song, but it's on War Is The Answer (Bonus edition) by Five Finger Death Punch. It's called "Succubus", and it's really amazing. The "******** you's" are placed rather well if I may say so myself. Which I can because this is my article.
On that same note. You wanna know another great Five Finger Death Punch song!? It's there one and only acoustic song! "The Bleeding (Acoustic)", it's calm and actually rather depressing. They cut out the intro so it sounds reasonable. It was from their first album, Way Of The Fist. One of the last tracks.
Most people would (And do) find it blasphonous that I prefer newer Bon Jovi to older. Slippery When Wet was great and all, but I prefer a lot of the work from the 2000's including Crush and Have A Nice Day specifically. Although, When the group hit Lost Highway they basically went country and... He's not bad at it, but I miss the poppy classic rock Jovester. (Jovester = Jon Bon Jovi) His future work will go back to those early 2000's power I'm sure.
Dude, Hurley blows. Yes, it's happened. Weezer's newest release Hurley, is just like that of Ratitude. Alfter The Red Album came out, they turned into a mish-mash of geek rock, classic rock, indie, power pop, blech! New Weezer sucks! They need to go back to the amazing ways of Pinkerton, and the only way to do so is to get Rivers Cuomo injured again. Sick 'im boys!
So, you know that one band... Not too big... Just... Kings of Leon! I'm not too big of a fan but none the less, they're huge! They're planning to have their new album released October 18th and it's titled, Come Around Sunshine. It will feature 13 songs and 5 extra if you get it's bonus release. Not sure how it'll be, but from "Radioactive", the first single; It sounds like it'll be just like their last piece of s**t.
Earlier At The Drive-In is different than their middle or end work. All of their albums change quite a bit. They're a lot cleaner and punker on the first album, which is nice on it's own level. I prefer Relationship of Command (Their last album) over all the others though. Acrobatic Tenement (The first AtDI album) is actually very similiar to Fugazi, And I assume that At The Drive-In was influenced by Fugazi's fast paced punk qualities and their shout/talk vocals. Some sort of relation is apparent to me.

Song of the Day - -

Time Is Running Out - Muse
Since Muse has recently been being a butt p***k, it's hard to remember them for what they did accomplish. Absolution was an astonishing album, and this was one of the many tracks that blew my mind. I do not want to leave out, "Stockholm Syndrome" or "Hysteria", ("Hysteria", being my favorite song of all time) because they are also amazing songs. I mention "Time Is Running Out" because, yah. It is. Music's lifespan is coming to an end. Let's enjoy it's last few, dark years. Music 1952 - 2012 R.I.P.

- - Fall Update

That's right. It's the fall update now. Why? Because it's been chilly. School blows. I hate it already and it's been... 4 days. I have a few good classes though. It'd all be a lot better if my choir instructor wasn't being such a b***h about everything.

High level choirs that cost a s**t ******** load of money!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 pm
=X=I=N=G =L=Y=N=X =H=O=U=R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I'll start the ngiht off with some light news; Switchfoot has uploaded some aftershow performances up onto their Twitter. Follow them and you can see the fun. They're most likely a few acoustic songs or a new song preview. I would check but... I don't like Twitter.
So, I finally listened to Seeing Eye Dog, which is Helmet's new album that has been so called, 'emo'. I'll be honest, it's not great, or very good at all really... But! It's not emo at all, like, at ALL. There's one soft song where his vocals are rather calm and show some simularities to Davie Havoc's voice, (AFI vocalist who PS, looks like a f*****t ********) but that's nothing to use as an argument point.
I have a personal pet peeve of when people only like a band for their popular songs, which, happens a lot. One band I actually kind of understand doing that for, simply because a lot of their other songs are kind of filler... Third Eye Blind. They're a great band but without all those hits, they aren't very good. But they do have a lot of hits. "Jumper", "How's It Gonna Be", "Semi-Charmed Life", "Graduate"... With plenty more. They have a few songs that are good that are ignored, but it's not like a lot of other bands. COUGH! Muse...
So! On America's Got Talent! Goo Goo Dolls were on the finale thing or whatever, and they did some cool combinations of there songs. Started off with "Slide", which is one of my favorites personally. Next up, they threw in the new single, "Home". It was pretty sweet actually.
I took another listen of Black Gives Way To Blue, I found a song I never seemed to care for before; "Take Her Out". It's still got a Chainsy feel to it but it's of course not Layne so it's not perfect. Alice in Chains was only perfect while they still had Layne Stayley. No offence William Duvall. You're not bad either though.

Song of the Day - -

Juicebox - The Strokes
This is one of those songs that come up and you go, "YES". It's got a very beach-rock feel to it that makes it irresitable to listen to. It has rather repetative lyrics too, but it makes it fun to sing along with. One of the factors that makes this song so groovy and beach-rocking is the incredible bass line. Just lsiten to hear what I'm talkin' about. If you like "Reptilia", (Nooblet) you should love this song.

- - Fall Update

Pirate Festival this weekend = win. I shall be attending with 2 of my bros (Friends; Nate, the kickass acoustic guitarist mentioned a while ago. And, Leviathan Delgato Dragomir, just win), my girlfriend (Emmbear!), her friend (Kinda my friend too), and my buddies date (Who I haven't met and am anxiously awaitting to meet, it's her job to make Nate happy and we all want that).

Usher. His music is faggotable. And guess what he made? Justin Bieber. What kind of ****** f*****t let's that baby-faced, porn addict into the music industry.
Oh yeah. I also hate Justin Bieber.
One more thing!!! I hate Mountain Dew Distortion. Thank god it's gone.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:43 pm
+X+I+N+G+ +L+Y+N+X+ +H+O+U+R+

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, I guess I've been getting back into System Of A Down again. Just a little. I wanted to make a best of System playlist but I was missing Steal This Album!, so I went and got it. But while downloading it I thought, "Maybe if I add Serj Tankian and Scars On Broadway it'd really be the best of System Of A Down. But I don't have the SoB album." So I got that too. And guess what? It ended up being amazing! I'd known of this band for... 2 or so years and not looked them up in detail. They're really ******** good! They're not as closely related to SOAD as I thought they were, they have their very own style and it's just beast. None the less! I made the playlist of The best of System Of A Down, it's rather large but really beast. There's scattered songs of Both Serj and SoB throughout the playlist as well. Good idea to make.
It's funyn when somewhat cheerful bands make serious, emotional songs. (Lolz Weezer) But I'm speaking of Live and their song, "Overcome". It's on their kind of s**t album, V. The song's actually great but it's not a 'Live' song, it's all vocals and piano stuff with the addition of various string instruments. Check it out if you like ballads.
A very ignored Queens Of The Stone Age song, "Gonna Leave You". Super ******** catchy, and plus it's got such pop structuring. It's a miracle that this song didn't get up there with "Go With The Flow". The song contains their ever so popular (Or not so popular but definetly 'signature') background droning oohs. It's a great Qotsa song so check it out if you're a mild fan. Because if you were a serious fan you'd be schooling me on these guys.
But now I'll school you! Queens Of The Stone Age just released an acoustic version of "Make it Wit Chu" on Facebook and it's actually really good and pretty ********' cool! I'd go on there now and listen this mother ******** god damn second if I were you!
I've heard a lot of good feedback from Stone Sour's new album, Audio Secrecy. Then again, I've also heard some complaints about how it's nothing like them. I'll have to hear it first to give my feed. I expect it to be different but good if you know what I mean. Not too concerned either way though.

Song of the Day - -

Chemicals - Scars On Broadway
Okay. So, as a warning. If you aren't up for a couple gallons of profanities in your music. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS SONG! It's a great song though. I warn you all that the chorus of this song will be stuck in your head forever. And that's partcially bad, lots of no no's in the chorus. Daron Malakian made a far superior band than Serj did. Scars on Broadway is just ownage.

- - Fall Update

First real weekend of school. Finally.

Tiny things that make songs not as good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:50 am
>X>I>N>G> L>Y>N>X> H>O>U>R>

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Most bands can't survive the singer switch. Alice In Chains pulled if halfway, William Duvall's voice was great for AiC, but the writing changed a lot, which kinda killed it. One band that did it great was Fuel, Brett Scallions left for the recording of Angels & Devils, I don't care for the album a lot but it's still the same type of writing. I just didn't like as many songs off of it. Brett's replacement did an amazing job at the spot he was in, I often don't remember that it's not Brett.
Enter Shikari seems really excited for their first show in Australia. It'll be tonight, don't know where, but it should be good. If I were Australian, I'd go. So hey, all you Aussie's, get your asses over there!
If you're a fan of The Crash Kings, there's a live version of "You Got Me" on Cambio music that's pretty good. It's actually more of a studio version if you ask me, but none the less, It's a great recording. I suggest you guys to go peek in on it.
Interpol's new album, Interpol, is finally out! It came out the 3rd of this month actually. But it's supposedly pretty good. I haven't heard it yet. I would go check it out now but I'm busy with Creed at the moment.
Speaking of new albums, If you're a Dream Theater fan, their lead vocalist, James LaBrie, is coming out with his own solo album on September 28th. I have no idea how good it'll be, but I imagine it'll stick to the same sound of Dream Theater. All solo projects do that. Take Brandon Flowers for an axample. Well, The album will be titled Static Impulse and you can pre-order the album already. Most likely from iTunes.

Song of the Day - -

Taxman Woman - Scorpions
Some of the Scorpions best work in my opinion. They definetly threw in some creativity in this one in my opinion. The song has an onslaught of slap bass and an amazing blast of pitch harmonics. (Squeelies) The song has a cool little chorus that doesn't seem to appear much, but that's fine because the wait is worth it. The song has plenty of scattered guitar solo's throughout so you shredder fans are gonna be just fine. The song is really great in every area instrumentally, which is rare, but they pulled it off amazingly.

- - Fall Update

No Pirate Festival today, but it's still a possibility for tomorrow. But!!! I may get my D&D dice today, I'm so lucky therte's a nerd store in town.

Songs that end without building up or anything. "Would?" by Alice In Chains, and "Chemicals" by Scars On Broadway both do this. And they both piss me off.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:37 am
(=XING=) (=LYNX=) (=HOUR=)

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So today I downloaded all the Nirvana I like. I only had Nevermind and some In Utero before. As I was picking through songs to get, I noticed how about half of them were covers. Mostly songs from the MTV Unplugged album. There's a lot of really boring Nirvana songs but the rest is pretty spectacular. I like the Incesticide album the most of them all.
If you're into cool keyboard solos, I suggest listening to, "Mouth To Mouth" by Faith No More. It has a pretty killer keyboard part in it, it got my attention.
I'm a choir kid so I always find a little bit of intrigue in Muse's ever so ignored song, "Soldier's Poem". It's one of the couple songs on Black Holes & Revalations that get's completely ignored even though it's actually really good. All members of the band sing and it gives it a very classical choir tone. It's a cheerful little song that really shows their ability in different musical techniques.
Speaking of trying different musical techniques, you know who really failed at trying new things? Pearl Jam. After Vs., they tried to be a bit more 'rock' than grunge and it failed. Every album had like... one or sometimes two good songs. That's pretty awful. The only album they had past Vs. that was good was Binaural. And it still wasn't great.
Are you a fan of Chiodos? I'm not. But for those of you who are, I've heard that on their website you can hear 2 of the songs from their upcoming album. I believe the new album will be titled, Illuminaudio, but I'm not positive.

Song of the Day - -

Savior - Rise Against
I know it's a big song, but it's pretty good. It has strong lyrics and that backs up the raw punk energy in the song. The pre-chorus is a pretty perfect build up for the chorus and I think it's a nice touch. The whole song seems like one big rant but it's interesting because each verse has a little bit different vocal notes of different strum patterns for the guitar, it makes the song ever-changing and it makes it a very proggresive punk song, which is so rare. The song does have a bit of a boring chunk in my opinion starting at about 2:30 lasting for roughly 45 seconds. It tries to build into a chorus but... Nah, not rubbin' me the right way.

- - Fall Update

Got my dice! They're blue and copper! I also went with Emmy for some coffee and then we got monsters and played the epic strategy game I (and others) have made. She just started but soo nenoguh, she'll be addicted to the game like the rest of us.

Not funny skits on Saturday Night Live. Which is, a lot of them

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:34 am
~X~I~N~G~ ~L~Y~N~X~ ~H~O~U~R~

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I found a new metal band I'm really liking the sounds of. Darkest Hour, they share some simularities with Demon Hunter vocally and have a very unique style instrumentally. They are definetly a proggresive metal group and it's very apperent in the song, "Demons".
The indie rock band, Rock Kills Kid, is drawing my attention more and more. I have very much enjoyed their music that I've heard on Pandora. "Paralyzed" and "Hideaway" are both great songs. Maybe I'll take the time to get some of their music eventually. To explain them, their a mix of Jimmy Eat World and Interpol in my opinion.
So guys, I'm not sure about this, BUT, who would you say is better? Chevelle or Staind? They're both marketters of the Alt. Metal world but their fans never seem to fight about them. Chevelle has more metal influence while Staind does a lot more grunge influence, yet they're both good. They both have hits. And I just can't figure out who generally is liked more. Yet I prefer Staind because I'm a grungehead obviously.
You know what song I heard a bit earlier that I hadn't heard for the longest time? "In Too Deep" by Sum 41. Not a good song, not a good band. But especially not a good song. I just hadn't heard it for the longest time. I suppose that's for the better then, huh?
You know a really good cover? Well, kind of a cover. Foo Fighters live rendition of "Marigold". It's originally the Nirvana song that had Dave Grohl singing in. So it's not like it's weird to hear Grohl doing it. The live version of it is on the Skin & Bones live album.

Song of the Day - -

Shimmer - Fuel
"Shimmer" is a truly beautiful song. The first portion of the song is only guitar and vocal and it builds into the rest of the song just, astonishingly. When the song builds into all the instruments beign there it's like a pop that sends you to a big, meaningful adventure. That was nerdy. But the song also has some pretty meaningful lyrics behind it. Here's the chorus:
"We're here and now
But will we ever be again
'Cause I have found
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
Away, Again"

- - Fall Update

Playing the strategy game with Em today. Probably all dayish. Game mixed with cuddling basically.

How people don't understand how nice it is to just not wear pants. It's the bees knees bro!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:30 am
`,X,`,I,`,N,`,G,` `,L,`,Y,`,N,`,X,` `,H,`,O,`,U,`,R,`

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, Let's start the night off with a calm story. Collective Soul's been touring acoustic recently. They were last at Atlanta on the 23rd. As far as I know anyway. I remember they kept having these ******** commercials to see them at the Golden Corral for the Veterans. ******** that. I like music, not veterans. (No offence)
In 3 days, so for you derps. On September 28th; Gin Blossoms are coming out with their new album, No Chocolate Cake. I have a theory of what'll happen though. They'll make like Tonic and their new s**t'll suck a** and be so alternatively similiar to the rest of the post-grunge crap out there that it'll be such a waste to buy. Good luck fans!Wanna know a really good, under-rated band? Injected! They're straight up modern rock with the nicest touch of harmony in every song. I have their album, Burn It Black, and I enjoy it thouroughly. I suggest you to look for, "Faithless" or "I, Iv, V" if you search them. They aren't famous at all, so don't expect results...
I was listening to some prior 'Song of The Days' earlier and gave "The Navy Song", by Billy Talent another listen and mmm... Yummy song. It's my favorite B Talent song no doubt. I also gave "Hectic" by Enter Shikari another go. I used to j**z over that song. I enjoyed it still. None the less, if you haven't looked up all the songs of the day, you don't know what you've been missing out on!
Earlier this month, R.E.M. released a live DVD of them playing in Austin, Texas. I watched the live performance from them on Austin City Limits and they're an entertaining bunch. It's nice to see real alternative and not just 'alternative forms of music' which are technically alternative. (Cough! Grunge!) The DVD will actually be the same show I watched, so I can guarantee it's greatness.
Well, mildly nice news. The Offspring are planning on getting Happy Hour! out this year. Near the end. So maybe in December but just possibly into 2011 a little bit. They said they've been trying to make it great and they;ve been nit-picking at it relentlessly. So it should be a good'n!

Song of the Day - -

Open Up Your Eyes - Tonic
The song begins with ambitious power chords and ambient vibratos that are an excellent mix of melodic and harmonic. The song has a big focus on the guitar and vocal parts but they seem to take turns throughout the songs by having small guitar fills in between lines. It's just a beautful song, go listen.

- - Fall Update

Been busy as hell! I've been at Emmy's play practice's all week, that's why I've been home so late. My bad guys.
Today, I had the 50 piece chicken mcnugget deal, me and Em split it, DON'T DO IT! It's so much ******** food! I was so full, not to mention sick as s**t of mcnuggets.

Not having music to be making! Me and my friend may start up on some writing tomorrow, not sure what we'll write... But we'll find something.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff