Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Chasers Cranny (Final SERIES) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aren't you glad you were a Chaser???
maybe...
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
nope, sorry
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
HECK YES! we're the BEST!
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:31 pm
I'm not really going to do anything because there's really no proof. And it could be that everyone does know all of the answers...I'm just out of touch with the books. I'm just trusting the Chasers and their responses!

The Ravenclaws were the ones I expected everyone to miss. Surprisingly a lot of people got both names!
[Also Lyra go ahead and re-send your PM. Send the names you don't know too, maybe you should guess.]]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:30 pm
Yeah, the Ravenclaws were difficult. I could only remember one and I wasn't willing to guess the other.

Wait a minute... oh crap I just remembered the name of the other Ravenclaw prefect now after I sent the PM. I feel so stupid that I hadn't realized it earlier. gonk

At least I am positive I got a few of the questions right!

meree

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:30 pm
User ImageBurst down those closet doors once and for all ...

I was glad that I just read my friends fanfic about prefects the fanfic is entitle the prefects of hogwarts. It is about the prefects and their relationships with each other...
... and stand up and start to fight. ~ Harvey MilkUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 pm
Icee: I can't resend my PM this morning (don't have time), but I'll send it when I get home. That'll be at about 6:00pm my time (it's 8:15am now), so in about 10 hours. Sorry I can't send it sooner.  

Lyra Elizabeth

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:52 pm
Oshenukhar
User ImageBurst down those closet doors once and for all ...

I was glad that I just read my friends fanfic about prefects the fanfic is entitle the prefects of hogwarts. It is about the prefects and their relationships with each other...
... and stand up and start to fight. ~ Harvey MilkUser Image

I know! I want to read it. I told you I have an obsession with authority (not Percy though). Too bad your friend hasn't posted it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm
Because I'm not sure if I will be able to log in to Gaia anymore this week, I am posting BOTH Monday and Thursday's clues. Please read the following because it IS very important!
I am releasing BOTH Series Number 5 and Series Number Six.
Series Number 5 is DUE in my INBOX no later than Wednesday 11:59 EST because it is today's set. If I do not have answers to Series Number 5 by that deadline, you will not get points for it. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Even though I'm posting it today, Thursday's set, Series Number 6, is due in my inbox on Sunday evening (I should return before then).
In any case, you are NOT allowed to send me the answers to any of the questions no more than once.
If you want to send them both in the same PM, that is fine, just make sure you send the PM before Wednesday 11:59 EST.

Basically, two scenarios are allowed:
*Chaser sends Series 5 to my inbox Wednesday, but sends another PM with Series 6 answers after Wednesday, but before Sunday.
*Chaser sends Series 5 and Series 6 to my inbox Wednesday before the deadline.

I really hope this is clear enough for everyone!
Also, I will announce who got what questions right when I return. Be advised, I will not be as lenient as I usually am with the responses!
Final note, new poll!

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 pm
Current Questions!

Series 5
  • Bellatrix Lestrange has two sisters. Name them (first and last names please!)

• While he was at Hogwarts, who was Snape's Head of House? (first and last name)

• Which of the seven Harry Potter book(s) did not have a title chapter? [ie: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets had a chapter titled "The Chamber of Secrets"]

• What does O.W.L. stand for?

Series 6
  • Which character (Crabbe, Goyle, or Draco Malfoy) was killed in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

• Referring to the previous question, how did he die?

• According to Fudge, where is Azkaban located? [Please do not say an island! I want to know where that island is!]

• What does N.E.W.T. stand for?

You have special instructions about sending these answers to me! Do NOT use the internet OR books to answer these questions. All of the questions refer to the Harry Potter book series, not the movies. It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! I'm trusting you so please be honest and DO NOT use the books/internet. Also, don't forget to put a subject for the PM!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am
Ah shoot. I got the time zones and things all messed up (been converting to England time way too much lately, and forgot that it's midnight EST not pacific time.) so I think it's now too late to send in the 6th set of questions. Sorry everyone. sweatdrop crying  

Lyra Elizabeth

meree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 am
Lyra Elizabeth
Ah shoot. I got the time zones and things all messed up (been converting to England time way too much lately, and forgot that it's midnight EST not pacific time.) so I think it's now too late to send in the 6th set of questions. Sorry everyone. sweatdrop crying

so did i. I was freaking out because (in my time zone) it was 3 minutes to midnight so I was trying to rush it through so I would get it in on time... and then I realized that we were supposed to finish it before midnight in EST. So I have no clue whether I sent it on time gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:13 pm
Guys I'm sorry! A lot of things were going on, and I forgot all about the CHASERS!! xd
This is what I'm going to do: I will release a penultimate (look it up) series.
Also, I am lifting the timezone rule, so basically if you haven't sent me the answers to series 5&6, you still have a chance! That chance ends Monday!
I want all answers into me MONDAY. Thanks.

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:20 pm
Current Questions!

Penultimate Series
  • Who were the two children from the orphanage Tom Riddle took to the Cave? (FULL NAMES please, Ten points for each correct answer)

• Who were the two witches/wizards responsible for the Dursleys when Harry left Privet Drive in the seventh book? (Ten points for each correct answer)

• Who did Lord Voldemort steal Hufflepuff's Cup and Slytherin's Locket from? (First and Last name)

• Name the 3 Gaunts (Voldemort's mother, grandfather, and uncle).

• According to Rita Skeeter what is Hagrid's mother's name?

• Who was Minister of Magic before Fudge?

• What was the title of Rita Skeeter's biography of Dumbledore?

• Who was the first Marauder to die? (Full Name and Nickname, Ten points for each correct answer)

I want these answers no later than Monday, August 16. When I log on, I expect to have them, if not, NO credit will be given. Do NOT use the internet OR books to answer these questions. All of the questions refer to the Harry Potter book series, not the movies. It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! I'm trusting you so please be honest and DO NOT use the books/internet. Also, don't forget to put a subject for the PM!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 pm
Thanks everyone for sending me the serieses in time!

Now, the FINAL series is going to be HARD(er) so I'm letting you use the books, BUT not the Internet. I am a stalker so I shall know if you use the INTERNET twisted
Questions will be posted TUESDAY and due to me FRIDAY AT NOON EST

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:17 pm
Current Questions!

Final Series
  • Name and describe the special powers of the phoenix. (30 points possible)

• Name and describe the three tasks in the Triwizard Tournament. (30 points possible)

• How many Deathly Hallows are there?

• Name and describe the abilities of each Hallow. (ten points for each right answer)

• Who became Minister of Magic after the War with Lord Voldemort ended? (first and last name)

I thought I posted these questions Tuesday =/. I would give you an extra day, but Professor Adonis wants the results in by Saturday! You will have until Saturday (1 am, EST US) to send these answers to me! Do NOT use the internet to answer these questions. You can use the books and the movies though (good luck with that because you're limited in time). It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! If you use a reference (ie book or movie), I need you to tell me where you found the answer to get credit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 pm
And now the moment you have all been waiting for.... the RESULTS of the last (I lost count) few rounds!

Romania:
In round 3 (Series 3 and 4), Kitty kicked it off and scored 90 points! Lyra scored 70 points, and Helen scored 65 points!
In round 4 (Series 5 and 6), Lyra scored 7/8 goals. Kitty also scored 7/8 goals. Helen* was able to score 4 goals!
As the game winds down, the three Chasers of Romania worked hard to quickly score more points! Lyra scored 70 points and Helen and Kitty led Romania by scoring 90 points each!
Total points in the madness of the last few rounds for Romania:
655 points

Belgium:
In round 3 (Series 3 and 4), Sarah Jane scored 70 points, Amber scored 75 points, and Andrew scored 80 points!
In round 4 (Series 5 and 6), Amber led the Chasers of Belgium by scoring 8/8 goals! Andrew scored 7/8 goals and Sarah Jane was able to help by scoring 4/8 goals!
As the game winds down, the three Chasers of Belgium were able to score even more points! Amber led the way by scoring 90 points! Andrew followed closely and scored 70 points! Sarah Jane** was unable to score, but the game was kept close between the teams!
Total points in the madness of the last few rounds for Belgium:
575 points!

*Did not receive a PM for Series 6.
**Did not receive a PM for that series.

IceeWitch

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 am
Well I'm actually feeling pretty good about those answers. The one I'm most unsure of is probably the first question. Or the fourth.

Sorry I didn't do so well on the second-to-last set of questions. I actually found those much harder than this last set. Probably because the question were about more minor details.

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff