Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Dia Dementia's Journey With Weightloss and Veganism! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold!
  thank you :]
View Results

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 pm
so today, i had an appoinment with someone from the gym to show me how to properly work the weight machines, what reps i need to do, etc. so now i'll be doing that. mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 pm
Oh, that's great! Gyms are really intimidating if you don't know what to do, especialy with all the really fit people strutting around. <_< One of the reasons I never go.  

Sunsway

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:31 pm
haha, well, i go around noon, where no one's there. the only time that place is busy is right before a class, right after a class, or right after lunch(around 1).

also, according to my diet calendar on fatsecret, for the past week thus far, i've burned 4000 calories. so, either i'm building muscle mass already, or i really need to start measuring out exact portions for eeeeeeverything. confused or maybe i should concentrate on how i feel/look & not the scale... urgh, getting fit is confusing >.<

double also, boyfriend troubles. :/ bleh at that s**t. gonna pound out my frustration at the gym first thing tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:23 am
Sorry you're having bf trouble. D; That always sucks and there's nothing anyone but you/him can do. I say taking out aggression at the gym is ace, though. It can be such a good mental outlet, not just physical.

Have you just recently started doing heavy work at the gym? Because you WILL gain weight when you first start an exercise routine, I gained about 5lbs starting P90X. Your body holds onto water and fat because it doesn't know what's going on -- give it two full weeks before you start worrying about it. Keep an eye on your portions and don't eat more, but maybe shift a few carbs to protein for the new muscle. Muscles growing = muscles tearing = hangs onto more water + needs protein. (:

You'll let go of the extra water once you convince your body that this new routine is going to stick - about 2 weeks - but until then drink a TON of water.

Best of luck, with everything. I hope you're able to sort out the problems with your man. <33

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:05 pm
hah, thanks. things are a bit better now. he has depression & sometimes it makes both of us crazy.

no, i've just been slacking this week. i took sunday AND monday off, i've gone over 1600 cals once, & i just today started doing muscle work(before i just did 40 mins of cardio on the eliptical, 6 days a week). but thanks for the water advice! i haven't been drinking as much as i should.

which brings me to a question. how much SHOULD i drink?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm
There's a couple of different ways to approach water consumption. One is the standard eight glasses a day (a glass equals 8 oz which is the same as one cup), but that doesn't take into account different body sizes. So to deal with that, some people started recommending that you take your body weight in pounds, divide it in half and then drink that many ounces.

For example, if you weight 150 pounds, half of that is 75 and 75 ounces is about 9-10 cups.

But even that doesn't take into account your activity level, how hot it is, and all the other things that can make you sweat more and/or dehydrate faster.

My personal recommendation is pay attention when you go to the bathroom. What color is your urine? Is clear, light yellow, or dark? If it's bright and/or dark, you're dehydrated and need to drink more. If it's pale yellow to clear, then you're good.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:50 pm
okay, thanks ^^;

so i just took some "before" shots... i don't want to post them quite yet, plus they're undies shots so idk how okay everyone is with that kind of thing. once i have some progress to compare them to, i'll definitely post them! can't wait mrgreen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:55 pm
Re: undies pics~ As far as I'm concerned, they cover the goods and aren't any more revealing than a bathing suit so why worry?  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm
haha, very good point. still, i'd like something to compare it to before i post.

today was bad exercise-wise, sleep-wise, & diet-wise(a whole pint of vegan ice cream... OOPS!), but it sure was fun! back to being healthy tomorrow smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:52 pm
bad mood. dad accused me of eating the last of the cheese, despite the fact that he knows i'm vegan. his drunkard a** just probably ate them & forgot. god i hate him sometimes. he gets so pissed over the stupidest things!

breakfast - smoothie made of pineapple chunks, mango chunks, & banana chunks, with almond milk.
lunch - japanese imported ramen noodles, because omg i'm so super kawaii otaku ^_^ they're the only vegan ones in the store >.>
dinner - another packet of ramen, & about a 1/2 cup of rice with homemade vegan gravy.
snack - one carrot cake cupcake with "cream cheese" icing... my friend & i made them yesterday. so good heart

exercise - 15 minutes on the eliptical, three sets of twelve on all the strength machines(about 40-50 minutes), 10 minutes on this thing that's a mix of an eliptical machine & a stairmaster. owie >.<

edit: i weighed myself yesterday morning & was down by 2lbs, bringing me to 190, but i've probably gained a bit because of yesterday.

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:19 pm
well, i got dumped today. apparently giving almost two years' worth of love & affection to someone is a s**t idea. didn't eat much, & didn't go to the gym. i'm gonna give blood tomorrow so i probably shouldn't work out tomorrow either.

i feel so horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:50 pm
*hugs* I know it's rough, but remember that this too shall pass. heart  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 pm
Ugh, I know what it's like to have an idiot dad sometimes, and I also know about giving love and affection for a year and two months only to have the guy get over me in a month and marry someone even younger than me.... stare long story.

Hey me and you are almost the same weight (I'm 189.0). If you would like, let's be weightless buddies and share cool tips.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:27 am
[Beautiful Oblivion]
Ugh, I know what it's like to have an idiot dad sometimes, and I also know about giving love and affection for a year and two months only to have the guy get over me in a month and marry someone even younger than me.... stare long story.

Hey me and you are almost the same weight (I'm 189.0). If you would like, let's be weightless buddies and share cool tips.
that would work. you can PM me for other ways to contact me outside of gaia. & thank you & Munkers for your understanding, i need a lot of that right now. heart

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:57 pm
so, my food intake started out bad, but got better.

breakfast - not a traditional breakfast by any means. leftover white rice with vegan brown gravy, & some onion soup mix, mixed with tofutti sour cream, eaten with white corn tortilla chips.
lunch - vegan alfredo(actually pretty light) with mushrooms, served over (unfortunately)regular fettucine, then later i made some hummus from scratch for my friend & i(she ate most of it) served on onion pita.
dinner - oatmeal with cinnamon, a banana, rasins, & a swirl of no-sugar-added applesauce.

here's a picture of the hummus smile
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff